Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Character Data Lost

Trove Character Data Lost

Hey guys! So recently I have had some more free time, and I thought I would get back into Trove (the last time I played was like June/July of 2015). However, upon logging in, I discovered that all my data was gone. It prompted me for an IGN, and when I typed in "Neolakia," it spawned me in Hub with nothing. I know for a fact that my old IGN was also Neolakia. In addition, reinstalled and loaded up ArcheAge, and all my characters were there - no data was missing. I have already submitted a ticket to customer support, but I would like all of your input on this problem while I wait for an official reply. Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping me out! Much obliged.

I remember Trion doing a purge of old and unused accounts sometime around March 2016, if I remember correctly? If the last time you played was in 2015, I'm guessing your account was wiped out with many other inactive accounts at the time. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."

Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman42 View Post
    I remember Trion doing a purge of old and unused accounts sometime around March 2016, if I remember correctly? If the last time you played was in 2015, I'm guessing your account was wiped out with many other inactive accounts at the time. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    I think only the username of inactive users would be wiped, the rest of the items should be fine.

Maybe send a ticket?

Help out AlecoX or Zetane! Use this code: "7GZJDE7YR7HGM7NXW6DM" or "DFNTMZKJHX2YT9L3YMTC" in this page!

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2ian View Post
    I think only the username of inactive users would be wiped, the rest of the items should be fine.

Maybe send a ticket?
    That is partly correct from what I know. The reason for said purge was to free up usernames for new people. I'm not sure whether it touched the items or not, but (and now I go into database talk) a username would be a very good key value for a person's account, and if you deleted that key, you would very likely remove all the data associated with it. However, you could also use emails and passwords for key values for a person's data. TCDR (Too confusing didn't read), it depends on how the databases are set up, which I don't know. But still, a ticket is a good plan.
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."

Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman42 View Post
    I'm not sure whether it touched the items or not, but (and now I go into database talk) a username would be a very good key value for a person's account, and if you deleted that key, you would very likely remove all the data associated with it.
    You are logging-in with e-mail, and set your username when you enter game (that's why you can have different name on main, PTS and forum). Clearing names can't affect anything else.

I remember logging in to save my username when they announced they were doing the purge. My name remained, and one of my old club mate's was purged. However, it just became a random string of letters and numbers, no items were lost.
    I guess I should rephrase my post. I was last majorly active around July of 2015, but the most recent time I have logged in is when they released the update adding portals past Uber 5. I do not remember when that was, but I do remember exploring Uber 6 a bit before going back to being inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Neolakia View Post
    I remember logging in to save my username when they announced they were doing the purge. My name remained, and one of my old club mate's was purged. However, it just became a random string of letters and numbers, no items were lost.
    I guess I should rephrase my post. I was last majorly active around July of 2015, but the most recent time I have logged in is when they released the update adding portals past Uber 5. I do not remember when that was, but I do remember exploring Uber 6 a bit before going back to being inactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    You are logging-in with e-mail, and set your username when you enter game (that's why you can have different name on main, PTS and forum). Clearing names can't affect anything else.
    Well in that case, I have no clue what's going on. Hopefully they respond to your ticket.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #8
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolakia View Post
    We don't wipe progress. In every case like this I have seen the issue ends up being that you're signing in with a different email address than you originally used. As people often have multiple email addresses this is incredibly common. The support team will get you squared away but you can probably sort it out pretty quickly by logging into Trove with other email addresses you've used in the past.

You are either using a different email address or you joined on PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We don't wipe progress. In every case like this I have seen the issue ends up being that you're signing in with a different email address than you originally used. As people often have multiple email addresses this is incredibly common. The support team will get you squared away but you can probably sort it out pretty quickly by logging into Trove with other email addresses you've used in the past.
    It is the same email, i checked my email and all of my verifications/transactions/etc were on the same email.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    You are either using a different email address or you joined on PTS.
    I don't have characters on the PTS.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast