+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trove Pixel Art Helper

Trove Pixel Art Helper

Pixelise an image to colors that exists in-game.

Create a construction plan and count block usage.

Download:
    https://github.com/jspenguin2017/PixelArtTool/releases

Special thanks to Summer Haas for your help

You got the chart working. I know it seems excessive but I think that is for the best when using a lot of colors and creating shading.

One last idea for this would be an option to limit the number of colors being used. Like creating a vector image.
    For this image you could limit the number of colors to 7 to have White/Black/Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue. This would remove gradients but I think could be a nice option for people.

Awesome Job regardless!

IGN: spar13

Quote Originally Posted by spar13 View Post
    You got the chart working. I know it seems excessive but I think that is for the best when using a lot of colors and creating shading.

One last idea for this would be an option to limit the number of colors being used. Like creating a vector image.
    For this image you could limit the number of colors to 7 to have White/Black/Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue. This would remove gradients but I think could be a nice option for people.

Awesome Job regardless!
    I added that to the todo list, but for now, there are much more to improve, including the 600MB+ RAM usage... and 500MB+ plan file size.

Yeah, the file size is a little crazy right now. I'm excited to see where this goes though. This will truly make life easier for a lot of people.

IGN: spar13

Thank you so much for putting this together, this tool will be such a huge help for the art community in Trove. Really amazing work!

I have a whole folder of stuff I want to build, now just to find the time

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Awesome Job regardless!
    Along the lines of limiting colors, it would be interesting to have the color libraries additive. So for instance maybe you want only the primal and basic colors but not the metallics. Or even possibly allow users to include external libraries to make this work with limited user-defined palettes or other voxel games.

Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile

Yeah, the file size is a little crazy right now. I'm excited to see where this goes though. This will truly make life easier for a lot of people.
    I need to make this thing object oriented first, right now it's 200 lines in one function...

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    Along the lines of limiting colors, it would be interesting to have the color libraries additive. So for instance maybe you want only the primal and basic colors but not the metallics. Or even possibly allow users to include external libraries to make this work with limited user-defined palettes or other voxel games.
    Making it a dynamic link library (DLL) will have the problem that someone needs to compile it, and most people don't have Visual Studio.
    Making it a .txt file would make sense, but then we need some error checking, this is probably the way to go, we'll get to it.

Thank you for this

Colors look different depending on the biome though

If you downloaded Alpha v5, you might want to download the newer v1.0, the construction plan now looks much better after some constants tweaking and a bug fix.

Quote Originally Posted by saaaav View Post
    Thank you for this

Yes, we need to deal with this, it will be easy to update blocks database, but how to get those RGB values is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by saaaav View Post
    Thank you for this

The colors only look different because of the biome shaders, they don't actually change. On the same token, the color appearance changes based on what time of day it is or even if the block is in the shadows vs direct light. There's no reason to try to compensate for that sort of thing, it is expected. The colors that have been added are the truest to the block under neutral conditions.

If a person really wanted to alter the RGB values to compensate for other lighting conditions, then this gets back to my thoughts on adding the ability to have user palettes. As VanillaMeow mentioned though, it could become problematic based on the way people format that data. Although, I suppose if you were that picky about it, you would probably meticulously copy the tab delimited format that is in the source code.

+ Reply to Thread