+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: A warning to anyone wanting to make it to top mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Hey guys,

Since having a tie at max mastery is non-exploitable our CS team will be granting rewards for this board to everyone who ties for first.

As an aside, in general CS is definitely the place to go for anything lost or not working due to a game bug. But in this case since this is how the feature is programmed there isn't anything they can do without the us on the dev team weighing in and making a pretty big exception (as we certainly will in this case, since it makes sense to do so). They will always help, but sometimes their hands are tied until we get to talk more internally.

We'll also be changing the game code to award ties in the future, but we don't want to wait for that patch to go live before making sure people can collect some hard earned rewards.
    Thanks for the official response and I hope you don't mind me saving this to quote and link to support if/when I get bumped out via tie.

Hey guys,

Since having a tie at max mastery is non-exploitable our CS team will be granting rewards for this board to everyone who ties for first.

As an aside, in general CS is definitely the place to go for anything lost or not working due to a game bug. But in this case since this is how the feature is programmed there isn't anything they can do without the us on the dev team weighing in and making a pretty big exception (as we certainly will in this case, since it makes sense to do so). They will always help, but sometimes their hands are tied until we get to talk more internally.

We'll also be changing the game code to award ties in the future, but we don't want to wait for that patch to go live before making sure people can collect some hard earned rewards.
    or one could actually code the system to work as intended

except
    we know the truth

I am having a bit of doubt about this.. I recently got a replay from a ticket I submitted a week ago (at Feb 13 2017) and they could not help me even if I linked back to what you said here in the forums. So ARE we supposed to get our rewards from the CS team or not if we don't get the rewards for the week?
    My Refer-A-Friend Code: 23N6-7PZL-K992-LPH7-HHX9

Sky i would keep replying to support, since you are tied to top mastery and they cant just take the "random" roullete that changes people tied places every 2 minutes or so...
    Its very unfair if they dont give the same prize to people tied for max mastery.

They need to make it a Score based on the max possible mastery.

Even trying to increase it from 10 to lets say 15 will not "fix" we have 16 people tied at max, and soon we will get more.
    Opening a ticket every week because of that and replying it / re-opening it a thousand times is stressfull they need to make something, the CS team need to check people mastery and grant the itens asap... and not just close the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider3217 View Post
    I am having a bit of doubt about this.. I recently got a replay from a ticket I submitted a week ago (at Feb 13 2017) and they could not help me even if I linked back to what you said here in the forums. So ARE we supposed to get our rewards from the CS team or not if we don't get the rewards for the week?
    Keep on pushing support, you are definitely supposed to get the rewards from them.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 64,367 Tied for Rank 1 | Total Power Rank: 281,296 | Alpha Conqueror | New Daily System Problem | Trion Support
    Effort over Timegates! | Heart-a-Phones Received: 567 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 678 | Flask Cooldown Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

That's just not right. The week I fell out of luck I just submitted the support request with a link to Avarem's post here, attached my before and after reset screen snips, and a few hours later they replied granting my rewards. So I'd definitely keep pushing them.

7.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #27
    I followed up on this and it looks like CS already responded again. Can you check for me and let me know if the issue is ongoing.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    I followed up on this and it looks like CS already responded again. Can you check for me and let me know if the issue is ongoing.
    I saw the response now, thank you for letting me know.

Though I still feel that now with 18+ people in the top mastery it's getting a bit out of hand. Slowly the game is having more and more people at the maximum potential mastery points as time goes by. I've been lucky to get my rewards the past few weeks without having to submit a ticket. This time it just threw me off a bit.
    My Refer-A-Friend Code: 23N6-7PZL-K992-LPH7-HHX9

I don't understand why this keeps happening? Does Trion churn through Customer Support people that fast that no one in the department remembers this from last week and the week before and the week before, ad nauseum? Do you keep the CS guys (and I say guys because let's be honest here--a CS woman would not be making this brain-dead of a mistake) in some sort of locked solitary room where they can't just peep their head up and ask a coworker? Do you work them so hard that they can no longer spare more than a millisecond of time on any particular case and therefore can't immediately go, "Oh! Yeah, I get it now. Tie score, just like last week."

Really cool bulldog ally be damned, Fasti, those CS agents are making you look bad. Can't you go down there and knock some skulls together?
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 600+ | Friend Refercode: NHD23ZF9ENKQJPFRXJWC | Alpha - Knight Supporter

That's as stupid as the returning free pack thingie, are they shoo'ing us away from the game?

+ Reply to Thread