+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Suggestion] Nested Styles, more then just biome specific

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    The problem with this sort of RNG is the same reason why everyone hates the way Steller Auras were put in. For some people they could literally play this for 50 years and never get one. It's simply not a fair mechanic and why Trion added Karma to gem upgrades.

The idea of having rarer styles is a good one but perhaps instead of making the drops random based on Magic Find proc, make them lair specific. That way for people hunting for those styles they can do it in groups if they want. Unfortunately the cat is already out of the bag on the style boxes and I don't think that would be very easily undone. Particularly for people who paid money for them in the collectors pack.
    Pure RNG is a bit terrible in a lot of cases but I think there solutions to tweak RNG to make it not nearly as bad.

I might be over simplifying it butI think by just adding an under the hood "DeconsSinceLastStyleAdded" type of stat would go a long way to fix any RNG issues. It would go up whenever you decon an item, reset when you get a new style, and trigger a style drop once a threshold is met. Personally I'd love more drops to move in this direction in the game as a whole just to curb some of the RNG a bit.

Another solution that is similar to what's being done now is even some stellar "style boxes", the trick would be to make sure to have the cost not be something trivial/easy to obtain, I'd aim for something like lunar souls that has other uses that are continually worthwhile to spend on but again that's just another thought =P

I do like the idea of some styles dropping from specific lairs/dungeons though, but for that I think the game would have to recognize each lair as an individual entity which I'm not sure it does right now. I wouldn't complain about that though because then it'd be easier to tie creators to their creations =P
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

Or they can do what they did with chaos chest loots, players can craft some specific styles with the unique materials from each biome, i.e cupcake for candy styles, glacial shard for permafrost styles, etc. The rarer styles, the more materials costed.

Less RNG, more play, and everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    Or they can do what they did with chaos chest loots, players can craft some specific styles with the unique materials from each biome, i.e cupcake for candy styles, glacial shard for permafrost styles, etc. The rarer styles, the more materials costed.

Less RNG, more play, and everyone happy.
    I do think that could be a pretty good solution although if something like that was implemented I personally would like the prices to be costly enough to make it be "worth it" at the ~85%-95% of all styles point at the very least. Not sure what that ideal number would be since we're talking a pretty broad scope but yeah =P
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2