+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Nested Styles, more then just biome specific

[Suggestion] Nested Styles, more then just biome specific

To prelude to my suggestion I wanted to talk a bit about the state of style collection.

I might be harkening back to an era long past but I miss having to actually search for styles. I know half the problem is that styles haven't been implemented in ages but I think to certain degree even if styles are added they are so easily obtained by the boxes of style unlockers that we have that it becomes trival content for the sake of a few mastery points.

Having that little extra reason to target a specific biome in my opinion was really fun for me and at times was enough of a small deviation to change how I played the game. As it is it's so easy to ignore that by dumping a pile of styles boxes whenever they release more.

Again with this post I might be putting the cart a little before the horse but I'd rather it see it be considered before more styles are added into the game.

Now for my actual suggestion: add item rarity tiers under each biome.

Each biome could potentially have legendary up to potentially stellar styles. Mind you stellar might be a bit much but even so I think hunting them down could be interesting.

From an RNG standpoint I wouldn't really want them to be worth more mastery points then other styles but overall that small bit of harder to gain mastery for me at least it is welcomed as we're seeing more and more tied spots for top mastery.

With the current way the collections menus work from a UI standpoint I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to add these kinds of tiers. Mind you I might be wrong here and it might not be worth the clutter but I do think it'd be doable with a bit of organization.

TLDR: Add in item rairty tiers for each biome.

Overall this might be a non-issue but I still think making the hunt for styles alive again could be fun, even if for me it's more about nostalgia =P
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

I agree that something needs to be done about styles being easily obtainable, however i don't think adding rng to which ones drop is the way to go about it.

But most importantly, we need to get the train going again on getting more styles into the game, there are so many many awesome styles just waiting to get in.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trove Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    I agree that something needs to be done about styles being easily obtainable, however i don't think adding rng to which ones drop is the way to go about it.

But most importantly, we need to get the train going again on getting more styles into the game, there are so many many awesome styles just waiting to get in.
    Yeah, going as far as stellar might be a step too far but I think somewhere around shadow like 4 could be a nice point to stop. Beyond that if the drop system had some kind of behind the scenes metric that knew the last that you got a new style it would make it at least not nearly as bad but that might be asking for too much =P

I vote no to any more RNG. Trion should not be encouraged.

Easier ways to get styles would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    I vote no to any more RNG. Trion should not be encouraged.

Easier ways to get styles would be nice.
    I think the main thing to consider here is that this would be a thin layer of RNG that would make the base game more rewarding to play that really doesn't effect your power. RNG to get things that are in the most part cosmetic is pretty neutral at worst for me.

Style collecting isn't a thing anymore for most people so making it easier would be pointless seeing as you basically click on a box to fill out all of your styles. I always found going out trying to get specific styles for different biomes to be a bit of fun personally at least =P

Quote Originally Posted by Stedms View Post
    I think the main thing to consider here is that this would be a thin layer of RNG that would make the base game more rewarding to play that really doesn't effect your power. RNG to get things that are in the most part cosmetic is pretty neutral at worst for me.

Style collecting isn't a thing anymore for most people so making it easier would be pointless seeing as you basically click on a box to fill out all of your styles. I always found going out trying to get specific styles for different biomes to be a bit of fun personally at least =P
    Aye, but the term RNG should not be used.

Some styles drop more often then others. They are sorted into rarity, with some dropping more often then others. A fancy way to acquire style boxes that usually unlock the lowest rarity style missing but sometimes unlock something higher.

That is fine. But please, no "RNG" and positive tone in the same sentence. Trion's lackeys must not see it.

adding styles for different rarities in biomes is a bad idea. it would probably take some work which trion doesnt like. some biomes are not found now in lower leves so trion couldnt just apply the same thing to every biome which is even more work and then there are the relic items which are the hardest to get and they are frustrating. if trion is not even willing to take an effort to add the free content they have. why would they mess with something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    T.T cries quietly

There are allready thousands of designs ready to be implemented it's just that trion have to insert them in the files and disable them from the Style Surprise loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    Aye, but the term RNG should not be used.

Some styles drop more often then others. They are sorted into rarity, with some dropping more often then others. A fancy way to acquire style boxes that usually unlock the lowest rarity style missing but sometimes unlock something higher.

That is fine. But please, no "RNG" and positive tone in the same sentence. Trion's lackeys must not see it.
    For me RNG doesn’t mean inherently bad if done correctly for better or worse this system already for styles is defunct because you get bypass it immediately making it extremely trivial content.

To be perfectly honest while it has its place “collect x token to buy y” gets old after a time and while it has its place I don’t think that should be the only solution to getting new things. Drops can be a more interesting solution if drop rates are tweaked to be fair, i.e. I thought the mounts that dropped from the xmas trees were more than fair and for me it makes adventuring to find them a bit more fun rather than them just being tossed into a crafting table.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicasajt View Post
    adding styles for different rarities in biomes is a bad idea. it would probably take some work which trion doesnt like. some biomes are not found now in lower leves so trion couldnt just apply the same thing to every biome which is even more work and then there are the relic items which are the hardest to get and they are frustrating. if trion is not even willing to take an effort to add the free content they have. why would they mess with something like this?
    As it is those lower styles are unlockable via style surprises which we have in abundance so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue for those lower styles. Also let’s not get too jaded here, you might not like the direct that the game has taken but to act like the developers don’t care might be a bit much =P

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcool13 View Post
    There are allready thousands of designs ready to be implemented it's just that trion have to insert them in the files and disable them from the Style Surprise loot table.
    That’s part of the problem for me, as it is adding new a style is wonky. There are only a “set” number of styles that can be put into each biome and the rest are tossed into the style vault. While I do think it has its place after a time that the style vault has just gotten more cluttered with designs which I do think is hindering the implementing process to a degree.

The problem with this sort of RNG is the same reason why everyone hates the way Steller Auras were put in. For some people they could literally play this for 50 years and never get one. It's simply not a fair mechanic and why Trion added Karma to gem upgrades.

The idea of having rarer styles is a good one but perhaps instead of making the drops random based on Magic Find proc, make them lair specific. That way for people hunting for those styles they can do it in groups if they want. Unfortunately the cat is already out of the bag on the style boxes and I don't think that would be very easily undone. Particularly for people who paid money for them in the collectors pack.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast