+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: China to force online games with loot boxes publicly announce item probabilities

  1. #21
    Senior Member fruitie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicasajt View Post
    i dont even understand why can lootboxes be sold without letting the customers know the drop rates
    ^This. They can literally have any chance whatsoever no matter how small and still get away with it. Another game I played would average 5000 boxes for their top reward to drop from their lockbox. All it does is pray on peoples gambling addiction.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    ^This. They can literally have any chance whatsoever no matter how small and still get away with it. Another game I played would average 5000 boxes for their top reward to drop from their lockbox. All it does is pray on peoples gambling addiction.
    Knowing the odds isn't going to stop people from gambling or from getting hooked on gambling, people already know the odds of all the games in Vegas Casinos and they still rake in the cash.
    The only thing having the odds will do is give people the real market value of any item they pull out of any box.

  3. #23
    Senior Member ForsakenHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,708
    How is this off topic since it could affect the game directly? lols




  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenHero View Post
    How is this off topic since it could affect the game directly? lols
    This topic will only make more ppl stupid, they should have removed it.

    Don't believe everything that you hear on the internet lols, it makes you look stupid.

  5. #25
    Senior Member ForsakenHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Morzo View Post
    This topic will only make more ppl stupid, they should have removed it.

    Don't believe everything that you hear on the internet lols, it makes you look stupid.
    Have you even looked at my signature? lols




  6. #26
    Senior Member fruitie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Este Ephew View Post
    Knowing the odds isn't going to stop people from gambling or from getting hooked on gambling, people already know the odds of all the games in Vegas Casinos and they still rake in the cash.
    The only thing having the odds will do is give people the real market value of any item they pull out of any box.
    Not true, it will give people the ability to make an informed decision. If they want to spend hundreds on loot boxes or pray to rngesus, then I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is super rare loot some games have where you have no idea how unobtainable something really is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morzo View Post
    This topic will only make more ppl stupid, they should have removed it.

    Don't believe everything that you hear on the internet lols, it makes you look stupid.
    Can I just point out the irony of basically censorship when discussing changes in China.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts