+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Custom Mini-Game List

Waaaaay up in the mountains of New Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev1dentFir3 View Post
    so this is the first of many custom ninja based games that I'm going to make.
    I love this layout! The only problems I think you may face once the assets are live is that Abilities are not going to be active at first, we won't be able to force a class in an instance, and move speed is going to be a flat rate just like PvP maps are currently. There is talk of assets to come that will turn abilities on, should we wish them to be active. Also, class-locking was mentioned! Not sure at this point if/when/how this will work, but they'll all be off when the patch hits on Tuesday.

All the same, I love this idea! The lava flowing all over is very intimidating! Great work! =)
    Co-Founder of Defiant Few! Come visit us by entering /joinworld defiant few in your chat window!

Check out some videos of our flight courses!
    Even better, check out my stream for tours of the club!

These coins are too expensive if you need to place like 500-1k of them per aena XD:

But here what i made so far:

/joinworld 6346510498172851132
    /joinworld Defiant few

coordinates : -716,71,-1360

-------------------------------

/joinworld 8645485718921730454

coordinates : 3835 , 60 ,3908

I started toying with the idea of a slightly smaller area to begin, as it is there's no way to collect all of the coins but you'll more then likely be able to make it around to a fair bit of the play area.

Here's what I have so far c:

Imgur Album

You can find it here in VB's PVP area.

/joinworld voxel busters

Coordinates: [-2011, 3, -3652]
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

So I've just built a Racing map... you can check it out her:
    /joinworld 4093588147392032933
    Take the green portal in the spawn once, or go to Coordiantes: -191, 69, 831
    About to make a coin Challenge and a Mount racing arena too
    IGN: RiftPhoenix

5.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #15
    Taking a look at some of these today! If possible can you guys please include a sign with WHO made it and a sign of what you want the map to be called. It will save me sooo much time- so I dont have to track people down on an individual basis :P

Also something to think about when working on these maps:

Coin collect:

1. Don't make it super easy- aka layer a floor with coins. I will literally just skip it.
    2. Make it somewhat challenging - adding some straight forward courses with little challenge detours is always fun. At the same time I don't recommend making it so challenging that people will rage-quit(ie. floating blocks, a sea of lava and three coins total).
    3. Make sure the spawn point gives players equal opportunity.

Racing Maps:
    1. It's good to have some visual clues as to where the player should go. A set path. Again adding little "time power-up detours" is a great challenge for some people; careful to not add too many, 10 secs shaved off- is actually pretty generous.
    2. Careful of making ground floors of just lava and water and a base layer. Example: I'm on a platform in the air. I fall. I fall into water, but i don't die... and there is no way to get back up.
    3. Set a spawn point, ONE spawn point. OR... set spawn points that would give each player equal footing in a race. (ONE spawn point will work for all players)
    4. Avoid really small spaces and tight corners- the camera doesn't really like this-- especially when you throw jump blocks in the mix.
    5. Keep in mind that boats and wings have a soft overshoot to the motion, It is very hard to make a sharp turn.
    6. Keep in mind that the starter wings are slower than all the others. DO NOT use starter wings when testing.
    7. We will be adding portals to the end of races that will transport you back to the beginning point. This is dev-only right now, but eventually everyone will be able to place these portals themselves. (This will help ease the frustration of falling in a flying map, for example... and having to find away to the start again to get the "missed objectives").
    8. I would also provide ways for players to re-enter the racing course if they somehow fall off, or get diverted. (A Wing race example : adding updraft air blocks in a corner , allowing players to glide back up to a point in the race if they miss a ring due to human error or whatnot).

Make sure to test your maps, and test again-- have other people test too. Everyone plays a little differently.

Most of all have fun with building these!
    Discord handle: Twixler#9941

Coin Collection!

I created this map in The Renewed as a coin collection map!

/joinworld The Renewed

Find the map through the yellow portal at spawn!

IGN: Smeeshy | Voxel Busters President| Voxel Busters Discord | RAF Code: X6QPMRN2H7H72XX3J6LR

New map :

/joinworld 6346510498172851132
    /joinworld Defiant few

coordinates : -655,58,-1473

Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    Taking a look at some of these today! If possible can you guys please include a sign with WHO made it and a sign of what you want the map to be called. It will save me sooo much time- so I dont have to track people down on an individual basis :P

Also something to think about when working on these maps:

Coin collect:

1. Don't make it super easy- aka layer a floor with coins. I will literally just skip it.
    2. Make it somewhat challenging - adding some straight forward courses with little challenge detours is always fun. At the same time I don't recommend making it so challenging that people will rage-quit(ie. floating blocks, a sea of lava and three coins total).
    3. Make sure the spawn point gives players equal opportunity.

Racing Maps:
    1. It's good to have some visual clues as to where the player should go. A set path. Again adding little "time power-up detours" is a great challenge for some people; careful to not add too many, 10 secs shaved off- is actually pretty generous.
    2. Careful of making ground floors of just lava and water and a base layer. Example: I'm on a platform in the air. I fall. I fall into water, but i don't die... and there is no way to get back up.
    3. Set a spawn point, ONE spawn point. OR... set spawn points that would give each player equal footing in a race. (ONE spawn point will work for all players)
    4. Avoid really small spaces and tight corners- the camera doesn't really like this-- especially when you throw jump blocks in the mix.
    5. Keep in mind that boats and wings have a soft overshoot to the motion, It is very hard to make a sharp turn.
    6. Keep in mind that the starter wings are slower than all the others. DO NOT use starter wings when testing.
    7. We will be adding portals to the end of races that will transport you back to the beginning point. This is dev-only right now, but eventually everyone will be able to place these portals themselves. (This will help ease the frustration of falling in a flying map, for example... and having to find away to the start again to get the "missed objectives").
    8. I would also provide ways for players to re-enter the racing course if they somehow fall off, or get diverted. (A Wing race example : adding updraft air blocks in a corner , allowing players to glide back up to a point in the race if they miss a ring due to human error or whatnot).

Make sure to test your maps, and test again-- have other people test too. Everyone plays a little differently.

Most of all have fun with building these!
    It is actually possible to make sharp turns with boats by de-summoning and re-summoning them at the cost of some speed. also, for some reason the boat blocks dont work in the minigames, i cant summon my boat while in the portal, despite having the block placed.
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Words are hard.

9.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobfishkins23 View Post
    It is actually possible to make sharp turns with boats by de-summoning and re-summoning them at the cost of some speed. also, for some reason the boat blocks dont work in the minigames, i cant summon my boat while in the portal, despite having the block placed.
    These are general rules. Also will check out the boat issue asap. thanks!
    Discord handle: Twixler#9941

Speaking of which, this makes it impossible (literally - their wings fall below the rings since they have only 35 glide) for newbies to do anything in flying races. You should put some code in place that makes Neophyte wings equivalent to all other wings ONLY during racing arenas, so they'd have a chance too.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main classes: Dracolyte/Vanguardian | Power Rank: 23,627/23,515 | Total Mastery: 539 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 11/17 | 24/31 | 3/3 ~~

+ Reply to Thread