+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Custom Mini-Game List

Waaaaay up in the mountains of New Mexico

Trove Custom Mini-Game List

Since Scopettone started the PvP arena list, I thought it would only make sense to get this thing rolling!

I've edited this heavily and added in the post from Twixler to assist people getting started building their own minigame maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    Taking a look at some of these today! If possible can you guys please include a sign with WHO made it and a sign of what you want the map to be called. It will save me sooo much time- so I don't have to track people down on an individual basis :P

Also something to think about when working on these maps:

Coin collect:

1. Don't make it super easy- aka layer a floor with coins. I will literally just skip it.
    2. Make it somewhat challenging - adding some straight forward courses with little challenge detours is always fun. At the same time I don't recommend making it so challenging that people will rage-quit(ie. floating blocks, a sea of lava and three coins total).
    3. Make sure the spawn point gives players equal opportunity.

Racing Maps:
    1. It's good to have some visual clues as to where the player should go. A set path. Again adding little "time power-up detours" is a great challenge for some people; careful to not add too many, 10 secs shaved off- is actually pretty generous.
    2. Careful of making ground floors of just lava and water and a base layer. Example: I'm on a platform in the air. I fall. I fall into water, but i don't die... and there is no way to get back up.
    3. Set a spawn point, ONE spawn point. OR... set spawn points that would give each player equal footing in a race. (ONE spawn point will work for all players)
    4. Avoid really small spaces and tight corners- the camera doesn't really like this-- especially when you throw jump blocks in the mix.
    5. Keep in mind that boats and wings have a soft overshoot to the motion, It is very hard to make a sharp turn.
    6. Keep in mind that the starter wings are slower than all the others. DO NOT use starter wings when testing.
    7. We will be adding portals to the end of races that will transport you back to the beginning point. This is dev-only right now, but eventually everyone will be able to place these portals themselves. (This will help ease the frustration of falling in a flying map, for example... and having to find away to the start again to get the "missed objectives").
    8. I would also provide ways for players to re-enter the racing course if they somehow fall off, or get diverted. (A Wing race example : adding updraft air blocks in a corner, allowing players to glide back up to a point in the race if they miss a ring due to human error or whatnot).

Make sure to test your maps, and test again-- have other people test too. Everyone plays a little differently.

Most of all have fun with building these!
    Another note I want to add to this is spawn orientation. Passing through a portal and spawning into an arena both orient your character to a Southern facing. When building a race, specifically, start the map out so that the first ring is South of the spawn point. This will help to avoid confusion right from the start of your race.

(EDIT: As of 1/11/17, the above information about portal facings is incorrect. I'm not sure how this changed, but it seems to have done something odd. Racing spawns now face you North instead of South. I'm currently doing some fact-finding about this and will update with further info unless someone important beats me to it.)

(EDIT: 1/15/17 Turn Speed for wings is different in an arena than it is in normal worlds. Basically, the turn radius is more loose in an arena. Be aware of this when testing!)

Racing time-tiers will be adjusted on their side of things, so we don't have to make sure our races can be finished in 10 seconds. Thanks for this, Devs! =)

If you post up a map in this thread, be sure to say what platform it's on. That might avoid some confusion in the future!
    Co-Founder of Defiant Few! Come visit us by entering /joinworld defiant few in your chat window!

Check out some videos of our flight courses!
    Even better, check out my stream for tours of the club!

Excited to see how this turns out. Guess this is a reserve post for pics when all the goodies come!!!

3.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #3
    Awesome, although not live YET- I went ahead and pinned this to get it ready. Let's try to keep this thread fairly clean and focused on the maps upcoming- less random unrelated chitchat. I will post again once ready to go with some tips! Get brainstorming dudes and dudettes! ⏱
    Discord handle: Twixler#9941

I'm really happy about the new mini-game type & will definitely try my best to create a map!

(Will update/post screenshot once I get to it)

P.S. I'll build it in that awesome club that focus on running UM ST ~

Trove Mini-game Ideas and suggestions

So, I'm new to Trove. I LOVE it so far, but there is something I am wondering about. I saw a portal in the HUB world for a Capture The Flag mini-game. I'm curious: are there other mini-games than just Capture The Flag? Are there any single-player mini-games? Are there mini-games where CPU opponents can be substituted for real players (for practice - or the situation that someone prefers playing against the computer, as I wouldn't be surprised if some people do)? If another player could answer these questions, I would be grateful. To my main point, though (and there may be another, current thread that does this - I saw one, but it was, well, last used in 2015, which was last year), I want to have a thread where I - and everyone who has ideas now or later - can share and discuss our Trove mini-game ideas, and maybe share our thoughts and imaginations to those ideas, a thread that - I hope - will be an "Imagination Treasure Trove" (Pun entirely intended). My first mini-game idea is this: put a group of players into a maze and divide them by color - four to seven colors, to be exact, and depending on choice. Teams would be possible, but optional, and if one chose to play with teams, there could be more players per game than there could in Free-For-All, where each player was the only player of that color. Each player or team - depending on mode - would have to run around the maze, find and collect something (Medals? Gems? Something along that line?) of their color - which would be randomly scattered around the maze at the start and then would spawn in a random spot in the maze every so often - to gain points dependent on the item collected (there would ideally - this is my opinion - be 2 or 3 different items, of different values and rarities), and after a set amount of time, the player or team who had the most points would win. Enemies (monsters) and hazards, as well as the ability to hinder opponents (presumably with power-ups of some sort) would be optional features, and players would have infinite health FOR THE MINI-GAME but would lose points by being hit, and would gain a SHORT period of invulnerability upon being hit - about as long as the period of invulnerability after being hit in other games - namely, a couple of seconds. That's all I can think of now - I look forward to seeing anyone with mini-game ideas finding this thread.

Ok, so this mini game you are talking about is PVP mode. There is also a Team Deathmatch mode that you can only do in club world arenas currently.
    Ign:Andrewthemist Mastery:300+
    Top 3
    Neon Ninja:Lvl 30 PR:18221(Neon green setup is life!)
    Pirate Captain:Lvl29 PR:13708
    Candy Barbarian:Lvl 24 PR:8000
    Clubs:Radiant Utopia, Pineapple Farm, Garden of Wool, Heavy Dirty Soul, Valhallan Soldiers
    As of 6/5/17

Thanks for the DDE for Valentine's Day Lord Avarem.

this looks cool

Waaaaay up in the mountains of New Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowmon View Post
    ...Free-For-All, where each player was the only player of that color. Each player or team - depending on mode - would have to run around the maze, find and collect something (Medals? Gems? Something along that line?) of their color - which would be randomly scattered around the maze at the start...
    Snipped this because you could start working on something like this on Live currently, then set up the minigame assets once they patch them in!

As it stands, two new modes are coming. Racing and Coin Challenges! The idea you have here would stand up very well with the Coin Challenge, I think.

You'll need to find a PvP grid in a clubworld first off. In the Worldspring bench, you'll find several PvP mode assets. The Survey Tool is a permanent use item that will display the grids for PvP arenas. Spawn points for PvP will work with the new minigame portals, so craft as many of those as you'll need for the project.

Once the minigame assets are patched in, we'll be able to place two types of coins: Silver and Gold. These give set points when picked up, and the instance will count independently for each player. A coin only vanishes for you once you pick it up, and remains for every other player to collect.

Hopefully this helps with your idea, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    Co-Founder of Defiant Few! Come visit us by entering /joinworld defiant few in your chat window!

Check out some videos of our flight courses!
    Even better, check out my stream for tours of the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Market View Post
    Since Scopettone started the PvP arena list, I thought it would only make sense to get this thing rolling!

Anyone else building some layouts for custom Mini-Game arenas yet? Post 'em up here!

(Check out the Nov 18th Trove stream at 13:20 if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about!)

To give a general overview, custom mini-games will be maps set up much like our current custom PvP maps. They will use the same grids but have different assets. Coin and Powerup pick-ups, as well as being able to turn flight/boats/mounts on and off.

Mini-Games are taking the place of challenges! We're going to be racing a clock to run around a map, gathering coins for points. Each one lasts 5 minutes and the rewards shown on the stream are only placeholders. (Though, I really wouldn't mind a random material being thrown in there!)

Our maps can be selected for public rotation, just like PvP maps!

Hope this gets the creations flowing! =)
    Would be even better if we had a PvP team deathmatch arena in the hub too

Cool Ev1dentfir3's Neon Ninja Parkour Course

Hey everyone, so this is the first of many custom ninja based games that I'm going to make. Basically I'm all setup so that when the patch rolls our I will just have to do a few things to finalize the game, but it's currently very playable! If you like Parkour then this game is for you. The training course will teach you the basics of what you will need to know for all my future parkour courses. What makes this hard is that you will be limited to the movements of being inside an arena, so while you can jump slightly further then normal, you are only limited to 2 jumps before you have to land. To play you must enter the PVP portal and do /test arena. If you guys want to check it out do "/joinworld 5553620974645230931" to join the G.anja Guard club world. The mini game portal is in the bottom floor of the castle in mini games portal 0-1

Rules are simple:
    1. Must play as a Neon Ninja with all moves unlocked. (LVL 5 I think...?)
    2. Black blocks can be reached by any move
    3. Red blocks you jump to.
    3. Green blocks you must shadow flip to.
    4. Blue blocks you must stasis blade dash to.
    5. Fall off the course and return to the last checkpoint.
    6. If you die you must start from the beginning.
    7. Don't skip platforms.
    8. You must complete the course before time runs out. (currently the PVP countdown timer)

Here is a video for your enjoyment.
    https://youtu.be/YKBS0QiXLS4

More parkour courses will come in the very near future!
    Ev1dentFir3
    Leader - The (G)anja Guard
    Join us at ganjaguard.enjin.com

+ Reply to Thread