+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Error 1016 in Glyph launcher

Very annoying - been trying on and off for about 8 hours now with no joy. Tried on a laptop with Win 7 as opposed to Win 10, and with a different antivirus - exact same issue.

The game was played on both machines 2 weeks ago with zero problems. The laptop hasn't been booted up since Trove was last played so no changes to that machine. The only difference is the latest patch which refuses to download.

Searching on-line it seems that this bug has plagued Trion at different times for a couple of years and different games. And I couldn't find a resolution on any of the threads I found. Just to reiterate what I mentioned earlier, I updated Rift and played that game today; I updated Devilian and played that game today; and I updated Archeage - all with no issues and after this bug with Trove. So it's not hatred from my ISP to Trion.

Just in case any devs are interested, the following lines are at the end of the Glyph log file in Appdata/Local/Glyph/

[2016-01-31T18:28:53Z] Download failed with curl code 28: 0.00 MB in 10.01 seconds at 0.00 MB/s, 0% compression
    [2016-01-31T18:28:53Z] Version download: Unable to download 'http://trove-update.dyn.triongames.com/kiwi-live-client-patch//public/kiwi-live-us.txt' to 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\ver3'
    [2016-01-31T18:28:53Z] No prerequisite info to compute

I've tried browsing directly to that URL and can get there via the browser - it's just the patcher that refuses to connect to that location. Oh and I'm running everything I can think of in Glyph and Trove with admin rights, and it's all been allowed through the antivirus and firewall.

Edit: I managed to get into the game but it wasn't easy. UPDATE initially, clicked it to be told that my game was already up to date; clicked PLAY, got 1016, clicked PLAY again and got in. But it's touch and go. Tried again - UPDATE -> 1016 -> UPDATE -> 1016 -> UPDATE->1016-> PLAY->1016...and so on; several PLAY->1016's later I get the initialising bar; then it mixes between UPDATE->1016 and PLAY->1016 with the bar going nowhere. I know it works because I was in the game 30 minutes ago! Giving up again - I'll try it tomorrow. Might work on a weekday...

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorbyte View Post
    Edit: I managed to get into the game but it wasn't easy. UPDATE initially, clicked it to be told that my game was already up to date; clicked PLAY, got 1016, clicked PLAY again and got in. But it's touch and go. Tried again - UPDATE -> 1016 -> UPDATE -> 1016 -> UPDATE->1016-> PLAY->1016...and so on; several PLAY->1016's later I get the initialising bar; then it mixes between UPDATE->1016 and PLAY->1016 with the bar going nowhere. I know it works because I was in the game 30 minutes ago! Giving up again - I'll try it tomorrow. Might work on a weekday...

Aside from actually being able to get in, that's my problem in a nutshell. Sometimes it said Update and sometimes it said Play but I got 1016 regardless of this.

I'm having this issue too. This morning i managed to randomly connect. But most of hte time i have to connect and log in through a different conection ; ie tethered on my phone for internet. Then switch over to my main net once i'm in the game and it works fine. It's very unusual. I've been intouch with support and tried Everything they have suggested and some more. It must be a problem on their end if this many other people are having hte same issue? Atleast i frickin hope so.
    Mastery 300+

Leader in the Break Fast Club. /joinworld 6537003071297585790

Under mastery 20? Use my ref code for a free class coin: 77GDD6YRCHHDNQKC66GL .

It's some kind of version mismatch, if i run the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' in Steam on Trove it comes back with '10 files failed to validate and will be reacquired', it then downloads those files. You try launching the game after that and the Glyph launcher runs an auto-update, you login to Glyph and still the same problem as before. If i run the verification in Steam again i get the same 10 files failed to validate error; repeat ad infinitum. A couple of times Trove launches but i immediately get an error telling me Trove is the wrong version, every error i come across says the same thing basically, i apparently have the wrong version of Trove than what is expected but i can't do anything about it.

Haven't been able to play since Saturday now so i've lost out on a few days of cubit rewards and doing a HM tower run this morning, just have to hope they do a patch tomorrow that might fix it.

I also play Rift through Steam which also launches with Glyph and i don't have this problem at all there so it's a Trove only problem for sure.

I thought non-weekend traffic had worked. I logged into the game about 45 minutes ago with zero problems. PLAY came up immediately and I logged in to my character. 45 minutes later back to square one - UPDATE and error 1016. I know my version is fine because, when it wants to, it lets me in. I shut down and restarted Glyph about 6-7 times. Still got the 1016. So I hit UPDATE a few times, eventually PLAY came back up and let me back in again.

But as Morinaka says, it's not right. Validation seems hit and miss for the most part.

Still happening? Thanks to the highly unpopular shop changes recently, I wouldn't be playing anyway. :/

Error 1016

Hey everyone! Trying to play trove in steam, but when glyph logged, it's bugged and error 1016.
    Already wisper at support, but they cant help with that.
    Any ideas?

8.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #18
    Trion Worlds
    Hey there! It looks like one of our agents already walked you through this step, but I wanted to have you try again just in case:

1. Please close your game and Steam completely
    2. Navigate to the Steam Install Location (Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trove)
    3. Delete the Cache & Logs Folder, then delete the file GlyphClient.cfg and GlyphClient.cfg.lock if it is there.
    4. Restart Steam and attempt to launch Trove

Hope this helps!

Do it, but same error 1016, try again after few minutes and nothing

You playing from russia?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast