+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trove on Nintendo Switch

Trove on Nintendo Switch

So, I was thinking, Trove is coming to console (one of these days) and will it come to the Nintendo Switch. I thought it would be cool to have Trove on the go, and as far as I know with the known specs on the Switch, the device should be capable of playing it. What do you think?

you'd be willing to spend 3g data on trove? because as far as I'm aware trove is an always online game

You would run into the problem of internet/connectivity, and trove is so poorly optimised you could probably run 40 FPS MAX on a NASA supercomputer
    Under mastery rank 20? Want a free class coin to unlock your favorite class? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Words are hard.

But then you could do ultra shadow towers while you're on the toilet!

Pls let me refer you kthx
    Code: XP7LYQ2M929GH66XZEJH

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyCanadian View Post
    you'd be willing to spend 3g data on trove? because as far as I'm aware trove is an always online game
    What? Wifi still exists. The 3ds has online functionality and the switch has a home dock which i'm actually not sure if it includes an ethernet port (I should hope so).

As for the poor optimisation, ideally it can be optimised easier because theres just the one set of hardware to work on. But given how things have been for trove so far, I'm not overly convinced. Ignoring that, trove would be the perfect fit for the switch. Though we have to assume that trove would still be going by the time they could release a client. Something I'm also not overly convinced about.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    What? Wifi still exists. The 3ds has online functionality and the switch has a home dock which i'm actually not sure if it includes an ethernet port (I should hope so).

As for the poor optimisation, ideally it can be optimised easier because theres just the one set of hardware to work on. But given how things have been for trove so far, I'm not overly convinced. Ignoring that, trove would be the perfect fit for the switch. Though we have to assume that trove would still be going by the time they could release a client. Something I'm also not overly convinced about.
    i was reffering to 3g when they said "on the go" as in portable mode

Well.... I don't know too much but I think Nintendo is kinda tricky to deal with. Both Xbox and PS can use the same interface. Wii U would have to be adjusted a bit and same with 3DS. Plus idk how Nintendo handles these things. They seem to stick to themselves a lot.

I really want Trove on the Nintendo Switch

I played the original Trove for PC for hundreds of hours and would like to play again on a more portable system.
    As a owner of a Nintendo Switch I think it you make a great fit and open up a doorway for other Troin World games to come to the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfishkins23 View Post
    You would run into the problem of internet/connectivity, and trove is so poorly optimized you could probably run 40 FPS MAX on a NASA supercomputer
    Bruh I ran this game on my crappy computer at 120 fps with no issues because the game was made to be aesthetically simple

+ Reply to Thread