+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Idea/Suggestion] Lair world bosses and world boss lairs

[Idea/Suggestion] Lair world bosses and world boss lairs

With the addition of the Dracocolatl, especially with regards to the 'lair' that it spawns in, got me thinking of interesting ways to include new world bosses.

As someone who loves designing dungeons the first thought that came to mind was a moving dungeon.

A dragonfire peaks moving volcano that would roam a dungeon sized space designed for it. The concept of the fight would be simple, inside this area you'd be limited to your jump and you'd have to get inside of it to damage it.

Mechanically it'd shoot out lobbed projectiles and stomp around, the inside of it would probably need a combination of spawning monsters and traps to make it a bit of a challenge.

Damaging it too much would cause it to 'enrage' shooting out chunks of molten rock everywhere making the inside of it a very dangerous place to be.

Another thought would be that random crystals would spawn in it's dungeon sized zone, the world boss would go a graze on those crystals that can be destroyed by players, if he eats them he also would enrage. I think this would make it so players would have to focus on a few aspects to defeat the boss.

My other thought was a 'neon' tower with a spider-like claw boss climbing all around it.

The boss would shoot lasers, maybe spawn some minions, and shield pushing players back down the tower if it took too much damage.

The tower itself would have an anti gravity field (I love limiting jumps =p) and have an electric current that travels around it making it a bit more challenging to climb.

Anywho, those are just a few ideas that might honestly not be too feasible implement but I still had fun coming up with them and wanted to post them here.

Feel free to tell me what you think and post any other suggestions here as well c:

Thanks,

Stedms

P.S. sorry for my terrible concept art =P
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

Awesome idea! I love the thought of more world boss dragons - especially a neon dragon that shoots lasers!

Also, that concept art is pristine.
    Meowsifer - Part Demon, Part Lapcat, Full Scrublord, Leader of Voxel Busters, Queen of Kitties
    Creations moderator MrsMeowsifer on /r/TroveCreations/, Streamer at twitch.tv/meowsifer

Great idea! It could be a bit hard to make the dungeons to fit the boss but, If the devs can put in dracolatyle then they can put these in
    Main★Shadow hunter Uber6★ Mastery 40 ★ Grinding grinding and building!

★ /joinworld Bolony Empire ★Refe-a-Friend link: here

Quote Originally Posted by Meowsifer View Post
    Awesome idea! I love the thought of more world boss dragons - especially a neon dragon that shoots lasers!

Also, that concept art is pristine.
    Thanks! Definitely can’t wait to see what world bosses they added, I’m always for more lasers c:

Quote Originally Posted by bolony21 View Post
    Great idea! It could be a bit hard to make the dungeons to fit the boss but, If the devs can put in dracolatyle then they can put these in
    Yeah, I definitely think it’d be tricky but if they could pull it off it’d be awesome to say the least.

The neon tower seems more do-able than the lava monster, Trino can literally just reuse the code that they already have, get a modder and a dungeon creator to create the dungeon, model and vfx, and then test it out.
    IGN: Hexadermianylvastia (Long name, I know). Like spoons?? Check this out.

Click this magic link to get access to a class coin at mastery 20: MAGIC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
    The neon tower seems more do-able than the lava monster, Trino can literally just reuse the code that they already have, get a modder and a dungeon creator to create the dungeon, model and vfx, and then test it out.
    Yeah, definitely, just the fact that the lava boss would be moving probably provides a ton of potential issues with collision detection and what not. But if they did get it working it'd open up a lot of really cool options that could work really well with the voxel theme of the game.

Like you said, it'd be easier to design static structures though and it might not even be possible to create a non-buggy moving one =P

+ Reply to Thread