+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random Ideas Thread

Random Ideas Thread

This is just a thread where I'm gonna post some of the random ideas I've recently had for Trove.

Water/Air/Fire Gem Dust Tome: Gives __ Gem dust when you fill it, costs 10k of the specific gem dust to craft, 40 Blank Scrolls, 100 Sticky Ichor, and __ Radiant Shards. Some of the lesser/small Tomes kinda feel useless, and usually people just sell the material they get from it. This Tome could be pretty useful to basically everyone. Also make the Tomes like a really rare drop from the Water/Air/Fire Gem boxes, with a raising loot rate with the higher rarity boxes.

Craft-able Empowered Gem Box: Costs a large amount of each Gem Dust and maybe some material(maybe new?). Nobody likes time-gated items (Emp Gem Boxes), so this could help the problem and slightly stop the rage about time-gatedness.

"Invite to Trade" option when right clicking someone's name in chat. This could send someone an invite box which have the options Accept/Decline, clicking Accept would instantly open up the trading menu, instead of having to move worlds/find a trading post. Clicking Decline would simply close the window.

I had some others but I can't think of them :b, I might add them later idk.

There's probably something wrong with all of these but w.e. I just like thinking of ideas.

Edit: Crafting formula for Tomes

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentTrapinch View Post
    "Invite to Trade" option when right clicking someone's name in chat. This could send someone an invite box which have the options Accept/Decline, clicking Decline would instantly open up the trading menu, instead of having to move worlds/find a trading post. Clicking Decline would simply close the window.
    So, decline does 2 different things, that's pretty neat, what does accept do exactly?? :P
    IGN: Hexadermianylvastia (Long name, I know). Like spoons?? Check this out.

Click this magic link to get access to a class coin at mastery 20: MAGIC!!!!

RIP, fixed it. Thanks :b

Also, the gem tome wouldn't exactly be useful to everyone. Since people are asking for gem dust tanks, those said people wouldn't want more clutter in their inventory.
    IGN: Hexadermianylvastia (Long name, I know). Like spoons?? Check this out.

Click this magic link to get access to a class coin at mastery 20: MAGIC!!!!

That's why I said basically everyone :b. Not many people really have the problem with too much dust..

Blueland. It's just above and beyond and six o'clock of Greenland.
    Dunno that there's anything wrong with any of your suggestions. There'll be differing opinions on everything :P

I like the idea of the gem dust tomes. But that's because I like tomes in general :P

I'm not sure I really have an opinion on Empowered Gem Boxes. I'm not a power gamer, so the random randomization and the time gating isn't really annoying me.

The trading through chat would be annoying to me. Please note, I said to me, and that others may very well love a feature like that. I'm already annoyed by random friend requests and random join me requests popping up out of the blue. The annoyance aside, I actually like that people has to meet with each other to trade. Taking care of everything over chat would eventually turn Trove into a single player game with an added social platform.

Anyroad, just my thoughts on these ideas - Always cool to see people think up new things, though, so don't be discouraged by my (or anybody else's) disposition to nit-picking
    Dream a while...
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    How to format signs for clubs and cornerstones by BisquiteCat - Giev purdy signs back, plz!

Referral code - use for free Class Coin before Mastery level 20

I like the gem dust idea, would help with whatever dust you're spending hours farming in elemental worlds.

The crafted empowered gem box is an excellent idea. I have all classes unlocked, and need many empowered gems!

+ Reply to Thread