+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ggwp

Ggwp

That's me being frozen mid dodge animation. I cri evrytiem.

What a Time to be alive!

They celebrated the first succesfull cryogenic freezing.

He had no way of leting them know he was still conscious...
    For refferals Klick here and login, then click here and reedem my code.

"The believe in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness" -Joseph Conrad

Can't count how many thousand times I've been in a situation like that.
    What do you call this problem again...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds View Post
    In the future™ Soon™

lol you should try knight not with class gem, charging just before you hit the ground into the edge of a block, and hanging there for about a minute and a half while the game is trying to make up its mind if you're gonna reach the end of the charge or not.
    under mastery 20? want a class coin?
    log in to your glyph account, go to account management, go to apply code, and paste this in!
    Code: EQYKTLW7GDWFGGLWHXXD

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkD0M1NaNt View Post
    Can't count how many thousand times I've been in a situation like that.
    What do you call this problem again...?
    First time I know of it happening to me, although I have been frozen in invulnerability from the powerup before (and lost the ability to use powerups...). It's possibly an issue of the server not receiving my request to dodge by the time it received the enemies request to ult . Ice Sage can be particularly annoying to play against as a shadow hunter due to its shield, especially when in a private match I'd use 7 mines to stun them standing still the entire time (which they did get stunned) until the shield dropped... Beats DTs abusing the class though, one even called their team noob... I did pretty bad against that Ice Sage, they got me basically every time ;-;

It's not just the Shadow Hunter, it's every class.
    You haven't seen an Ice Sage with the Chromatic Cantrip power up. It's horrible; There are no openings since the Ice Sage can freeze you consecutively and you'll hardly be able to score even a single point in CTF matches.
    About the servers not registering attacks (Such as the Shadow Hunter's ultimate etc.)/dodges/manually activated moves, is that due to servers being unable effectively process requests made by players due to the high amount of activity or just lag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds View Post
    In the future™ Soon™

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkD0M1NaNt View Post
    It's not just the Shadow Hunter, it's every class.
    You haven't seen an Ice Sage with the Chromatic Cantrip power up. It's horrible; There are no openings since the Ice Sage can freeze you consecutively and you'll hardly be able to score even a single point in CTF matches.
    About the servers not registering attacks (Such as the Shadow Hunter's ultimate etc.)/dodges/manually activated moves, is that due to servers being unable effectively process requests made by players due to the high amount of activity or just lag?
    I wasn't implying it was just the shadow hunter, just that it's particularly annoying since SH take time to aim and charge their shots while something like the pirate probably has less issues. I haven't played most classes extensively in pvp though so that's down to my perspective. The 7 mines for ice sage does imply that there's issues with the shield itself, the stuns were detected and applied, but the shield doesn't always get used up, I should probably have tested regular attacks and how it affects the shield too. Chromatic Cantrip does make the ice sage on the OP side which they wouldn't really be if they kept the CC reduction in. I'm not sure they actually took notice that it was reverted since they made absolutely no mention of it after it was first implemented. Pirates are the biggest offenders in PvP though to me since an unsuspecting shot from just 1 of them can one shot me and can easily wipe out entire teams with no aim. It's especially annoying that you can be out of detection radius but it aims at someone else who moves towards you to get you killed. Though I have done that once :3.

As for the servers not registering attacks, I can't rule out that it isn't a bug, but generally the way networking works is that there will be a small delay between the client, the server and the enemy's client. If you're playing a fps you may notice that once that use server hit detection (compared to client hit detection where people would use aimbots easier) that hitting just outside the targets body will result in a hit due to the slight differences of where the enemy is on your screen and the where they are on the server due to latency. Of course connections in trove aren't that great and people have higher pings than they expect so that can also affection ones gameplay experiences. I do also wonder if there are other hit detection issues too caused by bugs. I've noticed that sometimes if I shoot through walls as a shadow hunter it doesn't seem to hit while other times it does. I also briefly tried this out in a private match vs someone standing still. There's also an affect of bouncing projectiles. Whenever there's grass around, my arrow will hit a different direction to my cursor location.

I don't have the intel to know whether there is a form of packet loss making some attacks miss. There are definitely some coding conflicts. For example having more than 1 neon ninja with the class gem (I don't know about without) will mean that both will be unable to maximise their damage. I've had lowbie NNs adventure in u9 with me and I would clear much slower due to them rooting enemies. I've had issues where SH hits just would not register at all in busy worlds (no idea if it's been fixed) and a gunslinger friend has had hit detections miss in grouped content. Such issues could possibly affect pvp too, while there may be issues with the servers being able to process requests, I personally would expect there to be an issue in the actually coding of the game. Frankly I'm not experienced enough nor have the data to make that accurate assessments though. I'm making some assumptions here.

Talking about hit detections, as a shadow hunter there's a particular annoying issue where I will place a mine to stun someone and they move a fraction in a different direction causing me to miss a key shot.

tl;dr: Network latency causes client-server mismatches, troves servers aren't optimal, trove has additional bugs affecting gameplay. All of them affect our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by deus69xxx View Post
    lol you should try knight not with class gem, charging just before you hit the ground into the edge of a block, and hanging there for about a minute and a half while the game is trying to make up its mind if you're gonna reach the end of the charge or not.
    I still remember that Problem.. It hasn't been fixed since Beta. It already was around when I just had started playing

+ Reply to Thread