+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Damage Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Pfiffel View Post
    I think you didn't put in your MH correcty. I understand it's probably confusing that you have to input your base damage but not your base maximum health. The reason is more precise numbers for heals and MH scaling damage. I should maybe rethink that part, but I really should hurry with those UI improvements.

Double checked the damage multiplicators, they're correct. Once you correct your MH, Spirit Spears and Spirit Surge will also be corrected and show a lot more damage. Sorry for the confusion.

Also keep in mind that Spirit Surge will fire 5 projectiles at once!
    Corrected the numbers, and yeah, things look much better now. You're right that the difference in how damage and health are entered is what confused me--I went with the tooltip base values for both, as you surmised.

Spirit Surge is much better now, but I am bothered that the damage is still shown as less than that from Stunburst, which also has five projectiles and disables enemies! Of course, I have no idea how long the Spirit Surge DOT lasts (i.e. how many ticks it gets) or how it works if triggered again (stacking? just a refresh?) or what happens when multiple players with Spirit Surge have it apply to the same enemy. At least with a one-time damage source like Stunburst, you know exactly what to expect on repeated applications.

It does for me:

The "Additional Info" part will correct the in game description if there is wrong information in there. I also bumped my bug report again.

Maybe you were hovering the ability itself? In most cases that unfortunately still displays the standard ability's tool tip, even if you have a gem equipped and the special border is shown. They really need to sort that stuff out.
    So here's my tooltip text when hovering over the equipped Aegis Assault gem:

Other than the missing comment about not taunting, the only difference I see is that yours is a fire gem while mine is a water gem. Could that be the reason for the difference? Very odd if so. Or maybe one of us got the gem much earlier than the other (probably you, mine is pretty recent) and maybe the tooltip text is associated with an instance of each gem, and yours is a legacy version?

Wild speculation on all of this of course. Very strange, in any case. Should one of us submit a bug report?

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckMonkey View Post
    Spirit Surge is much better now, but I am bothered that the damage is still shown as less than that from Stunburst, which also has five projectiles and disables enemies! Of course, I have no idea how long the Spirit Surge DOT lasts (i.e. how many ticks it gets) or how it works if triggered again (stacking? just a refresh?) or what happens when multiple players with Spirit Surge have it apply to the same enemy. At least with a one-time damage source like Stunburst, you know exactly what to expect on repeated applications.
    It's true, all the Empowered Gems with a chance to spawn projectile rings are tough to evaluate since they're so unreliable. From what I know I think the DoT works just like the Aegis Assault or Stinging Curse one (DoT can be refreshed with up to 5 stacks, ticks every second for 5 seconds). I've been meaning to do more research and tests on Emps to get some more details (like chance, internal cooldowns, interactions with class abilities etc.), it's just that the re-socketing change made it very inconvenient and costly to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckMonkey View Post
    Could that be the reason for the difference? Very odd if so.
    Ah, let's just say I took a peek and unfortunately you're right! Every Empowered Gem has a completely seperate description for each element, and they forgot to adjust water and air. I've added it to the thread. You'd think it didn't work like this, but Radiant Empowered Gems even have their own descriptions too, totalling at 6 for each ability. That's a lot of redundant text, but I guess it was a lot easier to implement it that way.

Updated with the new Dino Tamer class!

http://pfiffel.com/trove/damage/#300...160,206,25,0,0
    the Passive might need some updating. I am aware that the icon, name, and description isn't in game displaying properly but I can pull it up in the Language files if you need.

EDIT: Thats if you want to keep the consistency with having the In-Game description for all the classes abilities
    My Refer-A-Friend Code: 23N6-7PZL-K992-LPH7-HHX9

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider3217 View Post
    the Passive might need some updating. I am aware that the icon, name, and description isn't in game displaying properly but I can pull it up in the Language files if you need.

EDIT: Thats if you want to keep the consistency with having the In-Game description for all the classes abilities
    Not sure what you mean, the passive is here (though I did just add the part about the tint):

In game I believe the issue is that it doesn't show the passive until the Dino Buddy ability is unlocked. I assume you mean this?

Trove Damage Calculator (http://pfiffel.com/trove/damage/)

Features:
    • Input your characters' damage and critical damage to see how much damage you do with each of your abilities (optionally also emblem minions, empowered gems or dragonlings)
    • You can enter your mastery and ally bonus to get your total damage and toggle ally on or off
    • See how much damage you do in Shadow Towers with all possible options
    • Detailed information about abilities and how your current stats affect them
    • Checking class abilities that grant bonuses will also show how they affect your total damage (Lunacy, Ice Ward and Vengeful Spirits)
    • Input critical hit to also get your damage coefficient (handy for quick damage output comparison with others on the same class)
    • See which gem stat to focus on, to most increase your damage rating (considers bonus damage and ratio between stats on gems)
    • Input Maximum Health and Bonus Health to see if flat MH or %MH is better to focus on
    • You can save the stats for each of your classes and come back to it later!
    • Share your character setup with others via the URL (here's my current Dracolyte!)
    Enjoy, leave feedback and show your friends!

Coming Soon™:
    • Rearranged UI, shows tips and breakdown of result calculations in bottom left
    • Individual ability DPS
    • And eventually, overall DPS! (ability interdependencies, etc.)

Updated 2016-8-30:
    • Added the Dino Tamer!
    Updated 2016-8-07:
    • Added Maximum Health, MH Bonus, Attack Speed and Cooldown Reduction input
    • Reworked ability list
      • Detailed information about abilities
      • Click the icons to show or hide information
      • Cooldowns consider cooldown reduction, attacks per second consider attack speed
      • Includes the in game description, additional info compiled by yours truly, mult/base/crit tables and much more
    • Added Empowered Gem abilities
    • Added MH vs. %MH focus calculations
    • Fixed class selection background issue with some browsers
    Updated 2016-7-14:
    • Fixed compatability issues with mac and mobile
    • Bonus damage (mastery, ally, ally toggle, total damage)
    • Ability bonuses (Lunacy, Ice Ward, Vengeful Spirits)
    • Shadow Tower (all possible bonuses and Ultra)
    • Dragonling damage
    • Stat to focus
    could i show this/share this link to my facebook community u can check it out its call Trove Community ^^

Quote Originally Posted by THIRSTY View Post
    could i show this/share this link to my facebook community u can check it out its call Trove Community ^^
    Of course! Refer to this line:

Enjoy, leave feedback and show your friends!

Rawr and stuff.

I've decided to change the Maximum Health input to Base Health. It makes more sense in the long run and is more consistent. Sorry for any confusion this might cause, though! Hopefully the new info buttons will help with that.

Updated 2016-9-13:
    • Updated Dino Tamer coefficients and info
    • Changed Maximum Health input to Base Health (total now displayed underneath)
    • Added checkbox and % health input for gear swapping
    • Added info buttons
      • Class (description and bonuses)
      • Base Damage/Health (how to find the correct values)
      • Damage Coefficient (info and formula)
      • DPS/Health Stats to Focus (info and current results)
    • Added miscellaneous category (bombs, mounts and boats)
    • Added uptime calculation (based on duration, cooldown and cooldown reduction - mainly useful for ults)
    • Mastery will now correctly cap at 300 even if the value is higher

After fixing some numbers, this calculator is very accurate with my LL, i just cant get it to function with ST's properly but thats probo my fault
    IGN: Teodorp99
    Main class: Shadow Hunter
    Power Rank: 18.1k
    Mastery: 300+
    Main Clubs:
    Crystal cave
    Radiant Utopia
    Elemental Elites
    Dragons: 24/38
    Primordial: 2/3

Quote Originally Posted by Teodorp99 View Post
    After fixing some numbers, this calculator is very accurate with my LL, i just cant get it to function with ST's properly but thats probo my fault
    Feel free to let me know what exactly the issue is, I'm always looking for ways to make it more intuitive and easy to use.

+ Reply to Thread