+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Damage Calculator

Great job, looks great, easy to use, good interface.

I would suggest implementing an easier way for people to share their stats.
    Either add your personal url shortener for the domain or use something like goo.gl

Would be nice to add your own and add like a share button that creates a short url :

example : pfiffel.com/trove/damage/#300,DL,65223,997.9,84.2,20
    will become pfiffel.com/sd2dAx

edit: maybe fix the alignment here, the columns

IGN : Arion4K | Discord : Arion#9779 | Leader of Laezaria | Mastery rank 527

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    Great job, looks great, easy to use, good interface.

I would suggest implementing an easier way for people to share their stats.
    Either add your personal url shortener for the domain or use something like goo.gl

Would be nice to add your own and add like a share button that creates a short url :

example : pfiffel.com/trove/damage/#300,DL,65223,997.9,84.2,20
    will become pfiffel.com/sd2dAx

edit: maybe fix the alignment here, the columns

At the moment I like that all necessary values can be seen/edited in the URL directly. I'm not too much of a fan of URL shorteners, but I'll think about it.

I'm currently reworking/optimizing how abilities are displayed, I'll take care of the alignment in the process too.

Thanks for the feedback!

3.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #13

Super cool!

I'll have to check this out and play around with it.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Designer, Trove
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Excellent work on this. Very straight forward and easy to understand. Added it to my must have bookmarks. Definitely a thumbs up to you Pfiffel
    REFER-A-FRIEND: HEX2DGJ2MMRT7KT3W62L
    Under Mastery 20 use the code for a free class coin!

Update! This one took a lot of research, testing and time. Enjoy!

Here are some quick highlights of the new features:

Detailed ability info!

MH vs. %MH!

Added all existing Empowered Gem abilities!

And here is the changelog:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfiffel View Post
    Updated 2016-8-07:
    • Added Maximum Health, MH Bonus, Attack Speed and Cooldown Reduction input
    • Reworked ability list
      • Detailed information about abilities
      • Click the icons to show or hide information
      • Cooldowns consider cooldown reduction, attacks per second consider attack speed
      • Includes the in game description, additional info compiled by yours truly, mult/base/crit tables and much more
    • Added Empowered Gem abilities
    • Added MH vs. %MH focus calculations
    • Fixed class selection background issue with some browsers

It wasnt quite accurate with my LL, however, i think that may be due to the fact that most of my stats are pretty messed up and to me writinging the wrong things in the wrong places, it got my attack damage completly wrong,

Quote Originally Posted by Teodorp99 View Post
    It wasnt quite accurate with my LL, however, i think that may be due to the fact that most of my stats are pretty messed up and to me writinging the wrong things in the wrong places, it got my attack damage completly wrong,
    Make sure to enter your Base Damage, Mastery and Ally bonus.
    The rest will be calculated for you.

For the next update I'm planning to add some UI improvements that help players understand what to enter and where to find it.

yeah, those UI improvements will help, i had no idea what you mean with base damage, i just imputted my PD
    Edit 1: after using the info you gave me, it worked properly, rounded to about 5-10 points of damage. but it worked out everything decently accurate, althought it didnt work at first, i quickly realised i had to put in mastery too XD. it is good tho, Heres my LL if you want to see http://pfiffel.com/trove/damage/#274...14.5,166,0,0,0

I've been checking this out for my revenant (current stats), and I've noticed a couple of things:

1) Damage for Spirit Spears is wrong--in game they do something like five times what is shown on the calculator. (Maybe a result of the damage bug fix that went in last week?)

2) Info for Aegis Assault on the calculator says that it no longer taunts, but in-game it looks to me like it is taunting and that comment isn't shown on the tooltip for the gem.

I was also wondering, is the damage for Spirit Surge correct? I only have two of those and they're both TERRIBLE stats for my rev so I haven't equipped them, but I was hoping it would be useful--it seems like an empowered gem that is made for the revenant, but if the calculator is correct then the damage it deals is so small as to be worthless, especially if there's only a chance of a proc when I get hit. If those numbers are correct, then I suggest to the devs that the gem needs a hefty buff!

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckMonkey View Post
    I've been checking this out for my revenant (current stats), and I've noticed a couple of things:

1) Damage for Spirit Spears is wrong--in game they do something like five times what is shown on the calculator. (Maybe a result of the damage bug fix that went in last week?)

I was also wondering, is the damage for Spirit Surge correct? I only have two of those and they're both TERRIBLE stats for my rev so I haven't equipped them, but I was hoping it would be useful--it seems like an empowered gem that is made for the revenant, but if the calculator is correct then the damage it deals is so small as to be worthless, especially if there's only a chance of a proc when I get hit. If those numbers are correct, then I suggest to the devs that the gem needs a hefty buff!
    I think you didn't put in your MH correcty. I understand it's probably confusing that you have to input your base damage but not your base maximum health. The reason is more precise numbers for heals and MH scaling damage. I should maybe rethink that part, but I really should hurry with those UI improvements.

Double checked the damage multiplicators, they're correct. Once you correct your MH, Spirit Spears and Spirit Surge will also be corrected and show a lot more damage. Sorry for the confusion.

Also keep in mind that Spirit Surge will fire 5 projectiles at once!

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckMonkey View Post
    2) Info for Aegis Assault on the calculator says that it no longer taunts, but in-game it looks to me like it is taunting and that comment isn't shown on the tooltip for the gem.
    It does for me:

The "Additional Info" part will correct the in game description if there is wrong information in there. I also bumped my bug report again.

Maybe you were hovering the ability itself? In most cases that unfortunately still displays the standard ability's tool tip, even if you have a gem equipped and the special border is shown. They really need to sort that stuff out.

+ Reply to Thread