+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Costume, Dracolyte] The Herald's Herald

[Costume, Dracolyte] The Herald's Herald

The Herald's Herald

I've been trying real hard to come up with a skin I liked for the Dracolyte. I was stumped on what I could make, but then it hit me: Aren't Dracolytes dagon castors? Yet they resemble none of the dragons. So I thought it would be a great idea to make Dracolyte costumes after the dragons. Doing all the dragons would be quite a task, so I opted to start with the one I use on the Dracolyte - Fortras.

It comes with costume, pet, ult, bomb, and helm. It replaces the Level 10 Dracolyte costume and the Resolute Redsnout helm. Do note that the bomb will replace Starter, Level 10, and Level 20 bombs. You can get it here. Or on Steam, here.

I'm debating going through and making more of them. I'd probably start with Albairn, then do the Primordial dragons, and finally pick and choose my way through the remaining legendary dragons. I also think that this could be a neat community project where we modders could build the set together. I welcome all your thoughts on that. For now, please enjoy The Herald's Herald!

Version 2 Edits:

I like the Dracolyte and its dragon form, but i don't think the dragonling and bombs look 'fortras enough'.
    IGN: DatGuy80
    Mains: Shadow Hunter, Tombraiser
    I like trains

Senior Member MajesticButterfly's Avatar
    This is really good! Like ^ the Dragonling and bombs may need some tweaks in the general fierce or imposing design, it's kinda hard to explain but once you realize it would be easy to fix. The dragon mode and the costume looks amazing and I would definitely like it if you did more of these on the other dragons. Great work!

Don't really play Trove anymore...
    so yeh

Quote Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
    I like the Dracolyte and its dragon form, but i don't think the dragonling and bombs look 'fortras enough'.
    I cant say much on the bombs (yet) however I am also making a dracolyte costume at the moment and it is definitely a challenge to make anything look perfect on the 3 voxel wide wings or the body in general. I think what was done was about as good as it gets

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

I took another look at the pet and you all were right, there was a bit more I could do than just recolor it. Below is what I came up with. I'm still looking at the bomb. I'm not sure what to make of it. I am fairly certain that I don't like the big sphere, but not quite sure what to turn in in to.

This is what I finally came up with for the bomb replacement. Version 2 has been updated to include the new ally and bomb models. It has been added to the download page. Enjoy.

Good mod, but personally I preferred the old 'dragon holding an orb' Burnt Offering over the mod's 'big pot of lava' Burnt Offering.
    ~~IGN: Spirare~~
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 22,085 | Mastery: 374 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/38 | 3/3 ~~

yes.. LITERALLY YES I MUST HAVE IT

Inception
    PQL9YK6J2H6GQWPXH7XW

OMG YES!
    this is by far the best of the best the dracolyte can have. I havent been able to get Fortras, so this would so make up for that sadness.

+ Reply to Thread