Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [WINGS] Sylvan Wings

wow great work. I love how unique the design is compared to the other in game wings. will there be any effects added? like maybe leaves or something that fall off as u glide?

Thanks. Yes, there are leaves falling, but it's hard to see in the pictures.

So I think I finally have the mod in a state I like. Here's a few screenshots.
    Pose

Flight

Close-Up on Back

And the mod should be available on Trovesaurus. Click here to see it.
    I would like to see this in game, but if it doesn't make it, it was still fun making this.
    Thank you for your suggestions and support. Happy 1 year anniversary, Trovians!

The wings look really good. Nice details and coloring. Hoping to see more in the future, keep it up
    Mastery Rank: 300+
    My Referal Link
    Use it and you'll receive a Class Coin
    My Referal-Code: RMHQ7ED6LJQNGYF3GJLT Redeem here

A version where the falling particles are also leaves would be pretty.
    My irl name is Leif (common in Finland, significantly less so in America) so this is double neato burrito to me. Hope the devs finish the "system for getting community stuff added more easily" quickly so we can see more quality cosmetics in the game.

Wow amazing job on these wings! It kinda reminds me when i was a child i actually thought i could fly with a pair of branches hahah.
    I hope we see these accepted and ingame.

Mastery 400

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkedSet View Post
    A version where the falling particles are also leaves would be pretty.
    My irl name is Leif (common in Finland, significantly less so in America) so this is double neato burrito to me. Hope the devs finish the "system for getting community stuff added more easily" quickly so we can see more quality cosmetics in the game.

There are actually leaves falling from the wings, that turn more orange and red when they fall. Is that what you meant?

Also, does anyone know the process for getting wings accepted into Trove, or does this post just wait here waiting for a Dev to possibly notice this and maybe accept it? Would posting a link to Trove Creations be a good plan? I tried submitting gear before(and failed to get it accepted), but I am new to submitting wings, so I don't know how it differs from submitting equipment.

Yes that's what I meant, I hadn't tested it when I made the comment, so I didn't realize they did that.

Wings are essentially "submitted" when you make the thread about them. If they get support from the community, they grow more and more likely to be considered by the dev team. Eventually, they'd contact you through a private message. So really you don't have to do much of anything from here, you could tell people about your wings to try and get more support, but you have to be sure not to be obnoxious or seem desperate.
    Even then, no guarantee that it will be accepted. Not that it's worth stressing over, if it happens it happens, if not then that's that.

OK thanks. Now that I know it's a matter of waiting and seeing, then that's what I'll do, I guess.

10.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #20
    Developers
    These are pretty great! I like their simplicity, and the changing colors of the falling leaves are a good creative choice. And I feel your revisions are really on point, too. If you wanted to polish them further, I'd suggest varying the sizes of the leaves on the branches, which would lend additional interest to your design. You may also want to experiment with a simpler shape for the leaves and see if you like that better. These are both very minor critiques, though.

We did tighten the restrictions on VFX submissions last year. Specifically, we disallowed new textures on VFX-based submissions, but it's a restriction I've considered lifting. These particular wings are simple enough that their textures wouldn't be much of a hassle. I usually do revise wings submitted by players, while trying to stay true to the spirit of their concept. This is to ensure that new wings conform to the style of the game.

So no worries, the devs have seen and liked your wings. Awesome work!