Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [WINGS] Sylvan Wings

[WINGS] Sylvan Wings

So, one day I decided to make something for Trove. Since I saw a lack of wings (which is completely understandable based on my experience), I wanted to make a potentially new set of wings. I chose branches, naturally. (Get it? It's funny because they're branches, and there in nature, and ok, I'm not funny.) Anyway, without further ado, I present the fruits of my labor: The Sylvan Wings! (also funny because fruits grow on branches, and I should stop before my puns kill someone.)

And here's a picture of them in action. Probably should have chosen a different biome that wasn't green, but whatever.

There are a few bu...glitches I need to work out. (no bugs, because they live in trees.) I want to make the branches opaque and make the leaves a little more leaf-y. However, I am a noob at this on so may levels, so I'm happy with what I have for now. I'll probably put this up on Trovesaurus and keep working out the kinks. If you have any suggestions, leave a comment. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Ignore this comment. I had an issue with picture links. I'm a noob.

That's a pretty set of wings. I'd just taking a screen shot from the back and zoomed in a little more. Other than that, I look forward to your further detailing.

Thanks. Good to know that I have a fan 3 minutes after posting.

Oh wow, those are a really nice wings
    Is really a nice concept to start, and since i haven't seen wings mod since Mew's one i really love that wings are still alive in the modding community
    I should do a wings i have in my mind since i started modding, but my Vfx skills are just trash xD
    Click me to see a cool mod --><-- Click me to see a cool mod
    Want a free class coin? Then click me! Wanna chat with me? Just click here! :3

Thanks. Yeah, I had no knowledge of VFX and PopcornFX until a few days ago when I started this, so that was a huge hurdle. Fortunately, there are people here who know what they are doing, and have posted tutorials that I have used. Just start playing around with stuff and eventually, you'll learn. This guide helped me get started: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...de-Basic-wings

Based on the fact that you had no previous knowledge of how to use PopcornFX I say you win! Great idea, great representation, but I do disagree with the statement that there's a lack of wings ^^ although a bit more of them doesn't hurt :P . All I'm missing is close up screenshots of the wings and maybe (if you can do it) try how it would look if you made the leaves on the wings change color over time (by change color I mean natural rotation of the leaf colors xD). I can't be-leaf you did such a good job!

All those puns . Anyways really like the concept of tree branches for wings. Also maybe it's just me, but in the second picture the branches seem a bit lighter. Maybe slightly darkening the branches might help, but still a great wing mod and nice work.
    Mastery Rank 200+
    Mastery Rank 20 or below and want a FREE Class Coin, then redeem my referral code: Here

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDerp View Post
    Based on the fact that you had no previous knowledge of how to use PopcornFX I say you win! Great idea, great representation, but I do disagree with the statement that there's a lack of wings ^^ although a bit more of them doesn't hurt :P . All I'm missing is close up screenshots of the wings and maybe (if you can do it) try how it would look if you made the leaves on the wings change color over time (by change color I mean natural rotation of the leaf colors xD). I can't be-leaf you did such a good job!
    Thanks. I had the idea to turn the leaves that fell into an orange-ish color, and I'm trying to do that right now as well as darken everything. Also, since I was a noob, I had to use the the mastery wings as a base, and I had to learn from toying around with the other wings in the folder. To say I did all of it is a bit of a stretch, but it is what is is, a mod.

Good news! I have a working mod up on Trovesaurus!
    https://www.trovesaurus.com/mod=2393/sylvan-wings
    If you're interested, check it out.