+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you ever wonder why there are so many leechers in high uber:

If you can't kill mobs in the uber you're in then, umm, go to the next lower. It's what I any other non-lazy players do.

There is NO good excuse for leeching even though you children keep trying to invent new ones.

With gems now, there is. They're designed to be replaced asap. Every gem you have that isn't stellar is trash. The sooner you can get a better gem than what you have, the sooner you can make progress. Sending players to lower worlds, which already gave them trash gems, to farm for more trash gems, is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled View Post
    With gems now, there is. They're designed to be replaced asap. Every gem you have that isn't stellar is trash. The sooner you can get a better gem than what you have, the sooner you can make progress. Sending players to lower worlds, which already gave them trash gems, to farm for more trash gems, is dumb.

Seriously ... dumb?

Are YOU going to carry these people ?

I avoid them as the plague now ...
    Why you ask ?
    Some reasons:

Spamming friend invites whilst you mid fight, so they can leech, and ALWAYS find you on any day to do so ...
    You come out of a dungeon seeing 2-3 people sitting there like vultures .... just creeps me out ...
    Some mean well and try to help but die EVERY SINGLE dungeon and demand rez, thus slowing you down ...
    Don't die, but run as headless chickens all over the place making YOU chase the mobs, thus slowing you down ...
    Start inviting half their club/friendslist even beyond 8 people, putting YOUR and their drops at risk, defeating the purpose of the farm ...
    Start telling at you to move faster ... O.O
    The various insults they yell, when you think, I do not want this and move away from these indivuduals ... like they are MY responsibility??
    Cannot go pee, or get a drink (yes, am human, with human needs) without people getting upset, and again some dare to tell you to hurry or feel entitled to yet again toss in rude insults ....
    and more maybe, this is just off the top of my head ...

The sum of all above, made me NOT willing to carry strangers.
    I myself did not move to a higher tier map till I atleast could complete those dungeons myself. Do not see why others cannot do the same ...

Ofcourse I know all gems below stellar means at one point you will discard them, till then they are a means to an end.
    It is not some excuse to feel entitled to just skip some part of evolving thier character at the expense of other people, to the point they also feel they just can leech, be rude/insulting to thier carrier, if the carrier does not act as THEY please ...
    It is like the world backwards.

I do not feel I OWE anyone a carry except friends and club mates.

This game needs to have better drop/looting system before any new game features should be released. I mean come on, it sucks to lose your drops to leechers outside the dungeon even though you are contributing a chunk of damage/help to complete the dungeon. I understand they probably limited the loot distribution to only 8 people because they didn't want too many leechers to get drops but apparently it is backfiring and its affecting those that actually did help.

Trino plz take these suggestions seriously and stop coming up with the "New" mounts, dragons etc. Most of the time they are just re-skinned version of current mounts. There are clearly a lot more issues to solve before you introduce new things to the game. We need the QOL changes. Sure it may not affect everyone but just because it didn't happen doesn't mean the problem cease to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    It rolled health regen? are you seriously upgrading gems that don't have 3 stats already? the facepalming is real, where's picard when you need him.
    I admittedly do this as well. Not for all my gems, however since I dont farm much (i think the most I've ever farmed was 100 boxes) i just took the 2-stat ones and shrugged. As long as the stats line up I'm cool with missing out on 5 levels of stats for one of the gem stats. Once I am in u9 though, I'll be waiting for the perfect stellars. Right now I need to replace the one shadow I have with a radiant and the one HR gem with an MH gem.

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mandros View Post
    If you can't kill mobs in the uber you're in then, umm, go to the next lower. It's what I any other non-lazy players do.

There is NO good excuse for leeching even though you children keep trying to invent new ones.
    more XP, better gems ? Seems like a decent excuse to use. If I am able to leech from an uber but can't quite farm it myself, I will proudly leech off the zerg groups until I get the gear to fight myself. I'm in u8 now, but I can farm fine with my boomer without dying and such so now I just group with a couple buddies and head out. But once I hit U9, I can guarantee you right now that I'm gonna be leeching hard for my first couple gems. It's not that I wont fight with my bow from a distance, but for anything interior where the basic mobs can even kill me, no thanks ill wait outside.

In addition, anyone who complains that "well you're not actually playing the gaaaammeee", I am. Because the game has much more to it than PR, and I personally don't rage about gems because I dont farm my life away grinding 1.2k boxes a day for that "perfect gem".

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

So, another excuse for leeching.
    If you cannot even survive in that Uber, go to lower one.
    If you want to get better loot in high Uber world, plz HELP the farming team.
    For example, if you are CB, use your ult for boosting up others. Higher attack speed DID helps a lot for others.
    If you are BR, also use your ult for support. The (pysco) chicken can even block the laser attack from mobs. ( The chicken did a really good job for me to soloing weeping propet ultra mode)
    I am sure you can do so much support for teams ,without just standing around the dungeon, JUST STANDING.
    It is a gem expansion for trove. It does not expect you can get anything in 2 months.

Personally don't mind people leeching if they do something, at least try to help in some way or another. When everyone jumps up in uber worlds its usually that you are weak so I can understand. But do something like what above post said, even using your bombs to break in the dungeon will show appreciation and help to a party.

About the gems you get, any 1 star without HR you should really be upgrading, U9 stellar gems included. If you wait around for the perfect gem you will stay leeching forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    It rolled health regen? are you seriously upgrading gems that don't have 3 stats already? the facepalming is real, where's picard when you need him.

Do 3 stat shadow gems even drop prior to u9? It certainly seems like the radiant gems are capped at 1 stat and no stars at u8. All I know for certain is that out of the 2100+ u8 gem boxes I've opened this week two of them were radiant, three were 2 stat one star shadow, and two were 1 stat 1 star shadow... the rest were collector fodder.

Ideally I'd only upgrade 3 stat gems but if I had waited for perfect gems before moving on to the next world I'd still be farming u6. Sure I have a truck load of HR I really wish I didn't have but I also have double the PD / MD because I upgraded to the highest tier gem available.

As for leeching, I really don't have a decent response to the problem. I kind of wish they'd reduce the max population for adventure worlds, it would certainly help with lag. Club based private worlds similar to the Sky portal would be a mixed blessing as well, the leechers could be moderated that way but it would cause a real hit to the Massive part of MMO. Reducing the reward foot print range and removing the 8 person reward cap might help... but then you would just see more people running around the boss rooms. All I know for certain is that it stinks when you get nothing from a dungeon you cleared alone because the unwashed masses are hovering.

Quote Originally Posted by Eww View Post
    As for leeching, I really don't have a decent response to the problem. I kind of wish they'd reduce the max population for adventure worlds, it would certainly help with lag. Club based private worlds similar to the Sky portal would be a mixed blessing as well, the leechers could be moderated that way but it would cause a real hit to the Massive part of MMO. Reducing the reward foot print range and removing the 8 person reward cap might help... but then you would just see more people running around the boss rooms. All I know for certain is that it stinks when you get nothing from a dungeon you cleared alone because the unwashed masses are hovering.
    Or, give reward based on effort? Leechers would get nothing as they don't contribute.

To elaborate more:
    the 8 person limit would stay. What would change is the situation when there's more than 8 people. It's obvious that the ones that get reward should be the ones that did something. Different actions would contribute to your "score" and 8 players with the highest score get the reward. But the rewards would be given in 3 stages.

So, when chest is opened:
    -Out of all players in reward range, players rewarded are the ones that did the most damage to the boss, with score equal to their damage.
    -If less than 8 players did damage, then the supporter ones are chosen. Amount of healing or applied buffs contribute to your score.
    -If less than 8 players did damage/support, score for the remainders is calculated from their distance to the boss.

Examples:
    > 8 people went to the boss and they all did some damage. Meantime, 5 leechers standing on the dungeon won't get their rewards (loot ofc)
    > 5 people went to boss, but only 4 did damage. These 4 people are guaranteed to get rewards. That one person didn't manage to do damage (somehow), because he is too weak. He threw an Ice Cream, which missed the boss, but other players got the buff. So he gets reward. Rest of loot goes to leechers, particuarly the ones being lucky to stand closest to the boss.
    > 1 pro player clears dungeons like mad and the rest of group fails to keep up. 7 other people go inside dungeon, but it's completed when they are in the middle. They get reward, because they were closer to the boss than leechers on top of the dungeon.

That sounds fair, doesn't it? I actually suggested something similar once.

+ Reply to Thread