+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinions wanted on two of my dungeons!

I think the Crowned Jewel is pretty easy to navigate, even without that tip. Once in the middle I would just look down the corridors, you can usually see one of the mini bosses and then you'll know that the other mini boss is simply on the opposite side. Then you just pick one of the other ways last or bomb down in the middle. Unfortunately groups will often rush to the main boss because they don't pay much mind to the layout, but oh well that happens with almost every dungeon. What I really like about it is that you sometimes fight the main boss underwater which is something that was not ever the case before, it's pretty cool. I've been calling it Atlantis. I just hope that the issue with the height will be fixed, since the water looks pretty silly, hehe.

Not much to say about the Regal Tower, other than that I think it's great. Straight forward and easy access, plus I'm a sucker for steampunk design! I've been calling it the Cog Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    The Crowned Jewel

It's a mess right now, you don't know where to go(i will try that tip you mentioned but still ), 'most' people when they see that dungeon we just jump into the water and rush to the 3 star boss down at the bottom.

The dungeon does look cool tho

The tower one is really nice ^.^
    Yeah, I could see people having some issues with it during challenges. Glad you like how it looks though :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibles View Post
    Regal Tower is currently my favorite to come across in both rush and solo play. I both like the ease of access to bosses as well as the overall design. I totally stopped and explored all the platforms and looked around the first time I came across it.
    Thanks! I totally should have put more to explore in that one but I made it pretty straight forward (I have hidden areas in a few of my dungeons xD). It makes me extremely happy that you stopped to take a closer look though

Quote Originally Posted by Pfiffel View Post
    I think the Crowned Jewel is pretty easy to navigate, even without that tip. Once in the middle I would just look down the corridors, you can usually see one of the mini bosses and then you'll know that the other mini boss is simply on the opposite side. Then you just pick one of the other ways last or bomb down in the middle. Unfortunately groups will often rush to the main boss because they don't pay much mind to the layout, but oh well that happens with almost every dungeon. What I really like about it is that you sometimes fight the main boss underwater which is something that was not ever the case before, it's pretty cool. I've been calling it Atlantis. I just hope that the issue with the height will be fixed, since the water looks pretty silly, hehe.

Not much to say about the Regal Tower, other than that I think it's great. Straight forward and easy access, plus I'm a sucker for steampunk design! I've been calling it the Cog Tower.
    Always cool to hear the names people come up with for my dungeons, definitely had an Atlantis inspiration for my Crown Jewel and the Regal Tower is seeped in steampunk so that’s an easy connection to make C:

Woo, glad to hear that someone didn’t think it was too overly confusing. At the end of the day I really like experimenting with slightly different layouts for each dungeon I make, I do think there’s a point where I can get too creative with the pathing but overall I do want to keep trying ‘slightly’ different things as to hopefully make the dungeon not feel like it’s the same path but with different paint.

Underwater combat was something I really wanted to explore with this one, from my experience with it while it’s not super exciting it’s also not super aggravating which makes me keen to put it in different designs for diversities sake. I like that it makes encounters that tidge bit different but also wouldn’t want it at every fight to say the least =P

I definitely will be working with more vertical designs in the future, I just think if done right they can be extremely epic. I just need to make sure I’m not too creative with jumping puzzles/stairs, I tend to try things that are ‘different’ there that end up being completely pointless and annoying xD
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

I LOVE that regal tower! FANTABULOUS job on its creation.
    There are two dungeons that blew my socks off and this was one of the two.
    I do not know if I have run into the other dungeon yet, so I will have to remember, red points towards the boss,.... or just hop down the water chute and kill the boss

But as with any dungeon, it just takes time to get used to knowing what to do and where to go.
    People have everything else memorized and hop about with bombs or dragons to clear quickly.

Remember to take a few minutes out of your crazy looting, and take a look at the new, beautiful creations that we have!

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    I LOVE that regal tower! FANTABULOUS job on its creation.
    There are two dungeons that blew my socks off and this was one of the two.
    I do not know if I have run into the other dungeon yet, so I will have to remember, red points towards the boss,.... or just hop down the water chute and kill the boss

But as with any dungeon, it just takes time to get used to knowing what to do and where to go.
    People have everything else memorized and hop about with bombs or dragons to clear quickly.

Remember to take a few minutes out of your crazy looting, and take a look at the new, beautiful creations that we have!
    Awesome to hear I blew your socks off, I always hope I do it for at least a few people =P

Super curious as to what your other favourite one is now though lol

Sometimes I spend far too long creating aspects of dungeons that most people won't really notice. For my City of Bones Shadow Dungeon I made a randomly generated city with little houses and what not that you only have access to after you complete the dungeon. Honestly it's not too special, just spent too much time making it random xD but yeah, awesome to hear that some people will take the time to see what's around c:

Well the other one that I really thought was unique and caught my attention, I am not sure of the name, but I will describe it the best that I can.
    I want to say that it was in the Fae or cursed vale, but I could be wrong.
    It reminded me of a huge 'room' that was like a living space. There was a desk, bookshelves, maybe a crib? etc... and the entire setup was 'spooky' as it made me think that I was Jack in the beanstalk, expecting a giant to pop out of somewhere. I did get a little confused in the design of this one (only because I ran across it while running in a group for gem boxes) so the wall had been blown out and we started in the middle of the dungeon, so I really did not have the time to enjoy exploring around the area, but most definitely want to get back and explore around that one in much more detail. But I think that the concept was to run about the shelving within the space and work towards the boss along the wall near the top.

It is really cool that the other one that caught my attention and that I like is one of your creations -- I never feel that I get to say 'thanks' to those who have the ability to build such cool things... so... thanks

Like most have said before me, I like the tower allot. Cluttered enough that I'm not just flying from boss to boss but open enough that classes that rely on mobility aren't choked into licking the bosses to death.

I'm sorry to say I don't even take the time to go after the three star boss in the Crown. It's not really even a matter of being confusing but rather an issue with the size vs number of bosses. There are several other 3 star dungeons that present the same issue for me so don't take my opinion personally. Regardless I have explored it a few times and it's easy to tell how much time and effort was put into it's design as it's very nice looking!

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    Well the other one that I really thought was unique and caught my attention, I am not sure of the name, but I will describe it the best that I can.
    I want to say that it was in the Fae or cursed vale, but I could be wrong.
    It reminded me of a huge 'room' that was like a living space. There was a desk, bookshelves, maybe a crib? etc... and the entire setup was 'spooky' as it made me think that I was Jack in the beanstalk, expecting a giant to pop out of somewhere. I did get a little confused in the design of this one (only because I ran across it while running in a group for gem boxes) so the wall had been blown out and we started in the middle of the dungeon, so I really did not have the time to enjoy exploring around the area, but most definitely want to get back and explore around that one in much more detail. But I think that the concept was to run about the shelving within the space and work towards the boss along the wall near the top.

It is really cool that the other one that caught my attention and that I like is one of your creations -- I never feel that I get to say 'thanks' to those who have the ability to build such cool things... so... thanks
    Sounds like you’re talking about Zevix’s Baba Yaga's Mysterious Little Cottage which is definitely awesome.

He put some really interesting generation wherein each of the corners spawns in a different corner in the house above which mimics the entire dungeon. Honestly it’s some of the best/creative generation out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eww View Post
    Like most have said before me, I like the tower allot. Cluttered enough that I'm not just flying from boss to boss but open enough that classes that rely on mobility aren't choked into licking the bosses to death.

I'm sorry to say I don't even take the time to go after the three star boss in the Crown. It's not really even a matter of being confusing but rather an issue with the size vs number of bosses. There are several other 3 star dungeons that present the same issue for me so don't take my opinion personally. Regardless I have explored it a few times and it's easy to tell how much time and effort was put into it's design as it's very nice looking!
    Thanks! Glad you’re digging running through the tower at the very least C:
    I definitely min-max some dungeons for sure so I can understand not wanting to trek through every dungeon out there.
    Also again it might be because I made it but I do think my Crown has some potential for pretty quick clear speeds. My methodology for clearing it is to look for the red side and then from there sink down to one of the mini bosses, clear that mini boss, run across to the other one and clear it, cut a hole in the glass and sink down to the boss. I’d be curious if that route would still make it take too long or not =P

Stedpai-chan <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2