+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Suggestion] Resell button (sell the same item again)

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Resell button (sell the same item again)

Only over 300 more to sell. See what I mean?

It was suggested few times and I think it even got a topic, but it's lost now, so I'm making a new one. Basically, what I mean is to add a button that allows to resell stuff on the market. It claims the money and automatically puts the same item.

Quick mockup: (don't mind the font pls)

Some of things about resell that weren't suggested in past posts/topics:
    -It would appear only if you have the item and amount available.
    -It could take items from your personal chest, so if you have lots of items to sell, they don't need to occupy your inventory.
    -Reselling doesn't make your deal wait one minute to appear. It wouldn't make sense here.

You might tell that I could just sell in bigger quantities, but this way I would earn 5 times less (on Salvage). Resell button is a must, as people don't tend to buy a very big stacks of items. I had this problem when tried to sell my 200 Chaos Chests.

There was another suggestion to allow buying custom amount of items from given stack, but resell button is much easier to implement, so it would work for now.

2.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    We're not done working on the interface for all of our systems, including the Marketplace. I'm not sure if the resell button will be a thing but I'll definitely bring it up.

Another thing I'd like to see in the marketplace (if this doesn't fly with the devs) is the enter button working for okay/yes. I'd like to type the number I'm selling in, hit enter, type the price (and use tab to switch between total and per unit), hit enter, enter again to confirm the sale. Without having to take my hands off the keyboard to click. Sounds kind of minor but when I'm selling the same thing several times like you are it feels like it takes me forever just to update my marketplace listings.
    IGN: Scrunchi | Mastery: 300/300 | Console: PC
    Submissions in Game: Bright Idea
    Referral Link

The only reason you want this is to sell stuff at inflated prices. What you fail to realise is that if it was an easy way to list for inflated prices, the difference would be a lot smaller between bulk and non bulk items because more people would be doing it. So in the end you clog up the marketplace with singular items when people want bulk items without the high profit marginal benefit. So I'm going to have to disagree with your suggestion. There was a reason why "sort by unit price" became a thing, and that's because buying in bulk was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We're not done working on the interface for all of our systems, including the Marketplace.
    Are there any particular plans about markeplace you can share? Adding unit price was great, though there's still room for new features.

6.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrunchi View Post
    Another thing I'd like to see in the marketplace (if this doesn't fly with the devs) is the enter button working for okay/yes.
    That's a good call too. I'll add that to the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    Are there any particular plans about markeplace you can share? Adding unit price was great, though there's still room for new features.
    Not at the moment, no. We have some UI work being done right now that I think people will be very happy to see but it's the priority now so we may wait a bit for specific Marketplace changes. It is very cool stuff though and I'm excited to be able to talk about it.

Another thing that would be great is if they took a closer look at text focus. For instance, if you drag a stack of items over to sell it comes up with a dialog box asking you how many you want to sell. I should be able to immediately type in the quantity. Instead I have to position my cursor in the window, backspace out the number thats in there, and then type in the amount. When that dialog box comes up the number should be highlighted already so I can just key in the amount and it overrides what's there.

Then after my item is in the window, I again have to reposition my cursor down into the total price and key in an amount. The focus should go there automatically and using the tab key should send my focus to the next per unit box.

The same could be said for the Buy tab as well. When I bring up the Marketplace menu or click the Buy tab from the Sell window, the Item Name should be in focus with the text in the window already highlighted so I can immediately start typing my query and have it replace what's there already. Pushing Enter would then execute the query.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

As long as we're talking about market UI, I wish there was a buy order system for the market. Instead of just being able to sell X for currency. IE: You're buying 9999 Shapestone for 2 flux each, where several people can sell shapestone to you until you hit the 9999 amount.

Even if it was made simpler (IE: several people can't contribute to the order) it would be nice to be able to list that I want to buy X items for Z amount. (IE: 1k Shapestone for 2k Flux), even though I think my above suggestion is better.
    I think the weekly contests are unfair, see the thread HERE.
    Mastery Rank 200, PR 5500 Pirate Captain

+ Reply to Thread