PDA

View Full Version : Unsure if this is an intended feature or not...

Medineer
04-20-2016, 03:26 PM
This is regarding the Stinging Curse gem. I'm unsure if it drawing from phys damage is intentional or not.

Time: Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Context: I put a Stinging Curse gem on my Tomb Raiser to see what it would do.
Expected: A damage over time effect that would draw from my magic damage.
Observed: It does what it says, but it seemed to stack 5% of my physical damage each time it activated instead? :/
Reproduction:
Get Stinging Curse gem.
Put it on a magic class.
Hit an enemy.
See the numbers that suggest it drawing from physical damage.
Screenies:
http://i.imgur.com/dJiWMv6.png

60/1212 = 0.0495..., which is about 5% each proc.
153/3073 = 0.049788..., which is about 5% each proc.

Dev confirmation would be nice. :D

Medineer
04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
The same circumstances above seem to happen with my pyrodisc gem as well except it's 75% of my phys damage. Are these intentionally meant to be used by phys classes or...?

WhyFi
04-21-2016, 02:13 PM
The stack damage is supposed to start low.

The damage starts extremely low, but the more you attack a target, the higher the damage will begin to tick.

Medineer
04-21-2016, 02:35 PM
The stack damage is supposed to start low.

The damage starts extremely low, but the more you attack a target, the higher the damage will begin to tick.

Yeah, but the highest i've ever gotten is around 800 or so damage per tick, which I don't think might be strong enough to be useful. That, and the possible fact that it might be drawing from my phys damage pool on my TOMB RAISER feels kinda weird to me.

Although if it is intentional, then either the gems themselves are supposed to be weak or they're supposed to be designed for phys classes if they exclusively draw from the phys damage pool of the class that uses it.

Either way it's kind of odd.

Failcakes
04-22-2016, 04:39 AM
OP is correct, it is currently scaling off of exactly 5% of your physical damage value, no matter what class you are playing.

Medineer
04-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Also, if this IS intended whoever designed the gems should fix the tool tip so it says the type of damage it's based off on so no one accidentally messes up on a setup like I have. The Soul Surge gem says the damage it's based off on in its tool tip, so why not Stinging Curse or Pyrodisc?