PDA

View Full Version : Patch - Inactive Character Name Reset - 8:30 AM PST (4:30 PM GMT)

Fasti
03-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Hey folks!

On Tuesday Trove will go offline to roll out the Leader of the Block patch (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?92754) and to perform a reset on character names for players inactive since August 1st (http://www.trionworlds.com/trove/2016/02/26/inactive-name-resets-coming-march-7th/).

The downtime will be longer than usual as we run the name resets on the database. We'll bring the servers down at 8:30 AM PST (4:30 PM GMT) (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=8:30+AM+PST+March+8+2016)) and expected down time is 3 hours.

I'll keep this post updated if we come back online early, or need a bit more time.

Sheepski
03-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Hey folks!

On Tuesday Trove will go offline to roll out the latest patch and to perform a reset on character names for players inactive since August 1st (http://www.trionworlds.com/trove/2016/02/26/inactive-name-resets-coming-march-7th/).

The downtime will be longer than usual as we run the name resets on the database. We'll bring the servers down at 8:30 AM PST (4:30 PM GMT) (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=8:30+AM+PST+March+8+2016)) and expected down time is 3 hours.

I'll keep this post updated if we come back online early, or need a bit more time.

Thanks Fasti. Why the later start time than usual though?

shadowassasingod
03-07-2016, 09:47 AM
When will the patch notes be available?

DeusNeoMachina
03-07-2016, 11:18 AM
The latest patch I will translate in french the fastest possible :P

Fasti
03-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks Fasti. Why the later start time than usual though?

We're moving the start time back because there are a lot of moving parts with the name resets and everyone involved in the process will be in the office at the later time.

Patch notes are being finalized. We'll get those out as soon as possible. :)

Sheepski
03-07-2016, 02:06 PM
We're moving the start time back because there are a lot of moving parts with the name resets and everyone involved in the process will be in the office at the later time.

Alright great, thanks for the heads up.

Fasti
03-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Patch notes are added to the original post. Thanks all!

Tyreuzs
03-08-2016, 09:00 AM
LEADERBOARDS!!
https://media.giphy.com/media/5GoVLqeAOo6PK/giphy.gif

Chaos Chest Rotation:
- Wings of the Pegasus
- Skulking Skitterling
- SS Draconic
- Xero Line Wings
- Awesome Ball
- 25 Summer Pinata

ScepticMelon
03-08-2016, 09:05 AM
someone told me my draconus ship will be usefull when sailing on a lava sea in the mantle of power expansion. is this true/confirmed that only certain boats can sail in lava or am I getting too exited?

Sheepski
03-08-2016, 09:27 AM
someone told me my draconus ship will be usefull when sailing on a lava sea in the mantle of power expansion. is this true/confirmed that only certain boats can sail in lava or am I getting too exited?

Right now only that boat can sail in lava without taking damage. In MoP there'll be a whole world filled with lava - that much is confirmed.

Whether or not they give the lava sailing ability permanently or temporarily to other boats, or introduce new craftable boats for eg with that ability - that's unknown right now.

ScepticMelon
03-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Right now only that boat can sail in lava without taking damage. In MoP there'll be a whole world filled with lava - that much is confirmed.

Whether or not they give the lava sailing ability permanently or temporarily to other boats, or introduce new craftable boats for eg with that ability - that's unknown right now.

aha, thanks for clearing that up! and for the SS draconus fun fact ^.^

Jonikalus
03-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Good luck everyone on the leaderboards!!!! :D
http://images.memes.com/meme/914776
http://www.memes.com/r/2YPd

Diana_Hawk
03-08-2016, 09:38 AM
WANGZ!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/bravefrontierglobal/images/6/63/Temmie_intensifies.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151207203252

dioshadowfury
03-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Hey folks!

On Tuesday Trove will go offline to roll out the Leader of the Block patch (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?92754) and to perform a reset on character names for players inactive since August 1st (http://www.trionworlds.com/trove/2016/02/26/inactive-name-resets-coming-march-7th/).

question if people have been playing since august 1st will there name reset

Sheepski
03-08-2016, 10:08 AM
question if people have been playing since august 1st will there name reset

No. States on the announcement.

I am Lelouch
03-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Why are the downtimes always in the afternoon and not at night or in the morning like in every other online game ... so annoying

BlurryBlu
03-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Lol I came online about 3:30 to see the server online. I thought you'd already done the update haha
I was wrong

bblang2839
03-08-2016, 10:22 AM
So when do you think the servers will be up for us?

Feelthechill
03-08-2016, 10:30 AM
Why are the downtimes always in the afternoon and not at night or in the morning like in every other online game ... so annoying

Different time zones, Trove isn't like other games with completely different regions (They do the down time early morning for them (In NA)
Only reason it's in afternoon in places like where I live (England)

TylerTheG6
03-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Only got to play 10 mins of it and its down haha

Grimmix
03-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Different time zones, Trove isn't like other games with completely different regions (They do the down time early morning for them (In NA)

I wouldn't exactly call 8:30 AM "early in the morning".

He has a point. Most MMOs in my experience have done their patching in the midnight hours when the server population is most dead in their region (like around 3:00 AM). Not sure why patches are so often done when so many people in NA are up and about and playing.

Nunia
03-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Because Trion has close to 'normal' business hours? And probably work with the assumption that the players work then also or are in school..

Trojan2
03-08-2016, 10:43 AM

Its 8am-1100am here (in canada which is an hour ahead) its still a very inconvenient time 95% of other games start their updates 4-6am pst. Trove has always chose the most inconvenient time for their updates and have never given a reason why

CrazySonaR
03-08-2016, 10:46 AM
plz put the servers back online...im getting serious withdrawal signs here hahahahahahaha

SuperBobKing
03-08-2016, 10:47 AM
The reason is because 4-6am isn't normal working hours. There isn't any reason for them to explicitly state that.

ExtrysGO
03-08-2016, 10:54 AM
a little cuestion,
will you add sound to dubomancer?
:confused: :o

Skol
03-08-2016, 10:56 AM
My god, offline hours for Europe is awful :'(

Ghostbear
03-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Mmmm Bet there also alot prep in the background for the Mantle of power addon xD

Keep up the good work!

Custom
03-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Its 8am-1100am here (in canada which is an hour ahead) its still a very inconvenient time 95% of other games start their updates 4-6am pst. Trove has always chose the most inconvenient time for their updates and have never given a reason why
Like he just said, it might be an inconvenient time for you, but may be convenient for people in other time zones.
You can't please everyone unfortunately!

Skol
03-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Like he just said, it might be an inconvenient time for you, but may be convenient for people in other time zones.
You can't please everyone unfortunately!

Actually, 3 AM PST would be the best (pleased the most people) regarding played areas around the world ;-)

Sheepski
03-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Actually, 3 AM PST would be the best (pleased the most people) regarding played areas around the world ;-)

Except the most important people - the devs who have to implement it.

If they did updates every 3 months or something, you could understand them working through the night but not when it's every week.

Besides, you forget about the fairly large Asian market where 3am PST is prime time.

BlacklightningZ
03-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I've been waiting the Whole time, how much left?, to wait

Skol
03-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Except the most important people - the devs who have to implement it.

If they did updates every 3 months or something, you could understand them working through the night but not when it's every week.

Besides, you forget about the fairly large Asian market where 3am PST is prime time.

Lol, it doesn't requires the whole company to work just to run a prepared update ;-)

And asian market is not that much actually, that exactly why 3 AM PST would pleased the most people ^^ But whatever, will happend on day, like other mmorpg :)

Srplayer
03-08-2016, 11:37 AM
3217 y esto en que afecta al rey de las lolis?

Sheepski
03-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Lol, it doesn't requires the whole company to work just to run a prepared update ;-)

And asian market is not that much actually, that exactly why 3 AM PST would pleased the most people ^^ But whatever, will happend on day, like other mmorpg :)

As quoted by Fasti - they do require people in the office. And if you think it's acceptable for even 1 person to have to work at 3am PST just because you don't want to suffer an hour's usual down time then you're too short sighted lol.

Trojan2
03-08-2016, 11:41 AM
idc what time zone youre in... its been 3 hours

Qazaru
03-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Isn't it done soon? I thought they'd tell us if they needed more time

Skol
03-08-2016, 11:44 AM
As quoted by Fasti - they do require people in the office. And if you think it's acceptable for even 1 person to have to work at 3am PST just because you don't want to suffer an hour's usual down time then you're too short sighted lol.

Wow, don't rage :D I was speaking about general stuff, not that particular case, thank you I already read that.
I'm not just waiting to play like some others :) I originaly just mentioned that downtime hours was awful in Europe starting 8:30 AM PST, keep that in mind ;-)

EDIT: By the way, regarding the "one man working" at 3 AM, just look how mmo works in others companies, this is not the way you think obviously :D

Trojan2
03-08-2016, 11:44 AM
theyll udate in15 minutes "sorry we need 10 more hours" lol were you here when we they had a 18 hour downtime?

Sheepski
03-08-2016, 11:46 AM
idc what time zone youre in... its been 3 hours

It has been 2 hours and 15 minutes.

dydyLTU
When will it end?

omnom1324
just going to get candy barbarian

omnom1324
03-08-2016, 11:47 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

Sheepski
03-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Wow, don't rage :D I was speaking about general stuff, not that particular case, thank you I already read that.
I'm not just waiting to play like some others :) I originaly just mentioned that downtime hours was awful in Europe starting 8:30 AM PST, keep that in mind ;-)

I'm not raging, but it's an argument as old as time (well as old as online games): "they should update when I'm not playing" as the fundamental essence of the argument. 3am PST is in this situation when the NA market isn't playing, largely, and NA night time is the usual argument on these forums. Yet whatever time you have the update, it's going to be some people's prime time. Unless 1 market is vastly larger than all others, which NA isn't as far as anyone actually knows, then it wouldn't be beneficial to require developers and the tech people to work through the night to implement and ensure the servers are working etc.

In short, if you're going to stop 1 of 3 groups of people from playing, you might as well choose the one that means you can update at a reasonable hour for the people working and doing it.

Skol
03-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Totally aggree ! :-)

Rayed
03-08-2016, 11:57 AM
It always goes offline when I am free to play....

TheKingaDragon
03-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Know what you mean dude

TheKingaDragon
03-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Servers are back up again! :3