PDA

View Full Version : Updated - Server Stability Issues - 12/22/2015

Fasti
12-22-2015, 01:16 PM
http://webcdn.triongames.com/patcher/glyph-all/hotfix_trove.jpg

Update 2 - I've created a post regarding the recent downtime here (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?85789). Please take a look, when you get a chance. Thanks!

Update 1 - All servers are back online and working normally. We're increasing the number of players allowed in game as we go, so the queue should start to clear out much faster now.

Hey all,

We're taking a server cluster offline to address some errors it's running into. This means our remaining servers will need to work a bit harder, so there may be some issues for the next little bit (including queues).

I'll continue to post updates here until the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

baky456789
12-22-2015, 01:23 PM
Sigh, the servers will never get fixed.

nX_Chronic
12-22-2015, 01:23 PM
R.I.P. in peace.

Deciphyr
12-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Wonder how long it's going to take before the memes start.

EDIT: Approximately 13 minutes. Oh how I love this community.

CozyBoy
12-22-2015, 01:27 PM
trino pls y u do dis? i cri everytiem

killerpirate02
12-22-2015, 01:33 PM
the minute i get on the computer, the servers die. k. trove hates me. lol.

stmz
12-22-2015, 01:35 PM
this is getting old. having patron for no apparent reason. its just running out our time. its so dumb to even pay for it.

Kinoyo
12-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Just take the damn servers off for a day or two (while keeping "consecutive day" progress/patron frozen in the time being) instead of giving everybody false hope that is an estimated time before they can even play. Waiting a day for a definite solution is better than waiting for a few hours and "maybe" fixing it.

Deciphyr
12-22-2015, 01:44 PM
I've been stuck in this queue forever now, at a relatively low position. Starting to get a tad annoyed right now. My ore bonus ;-;

Lady Demise
12-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Hmm. Yes. Interesting.

LadyRose
12-22-2015, 01:51 PM
queing forever

TurionX82
12-22-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm in the queue of 1000+ ppl and all i wanna ask is if it is pointless to w8 cuz it got stuck or serves are open only for few hundred players or should i w8 in the queue? Like if there's any chance i get online today (to get my daily chaos chests we usually lose when the servers are down across server resets).

arkhunter623
12-22-2015, 01:52 PM
And to think I was saving up for a patron pass if I'm going to get one ill just buy it form someone for flux instead of wasting my hard earned cash on a game that they cant even keep running correctly THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS. I understand how frustrating it can be to keep a game working(don't try coding your own game it don't work). but it seems like trion has been promising server upgrades and fixes to this issue

HyperCyte
12-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Forever queuing

TurionX82
12-22-2015, 01:55 PM
I think i'll give it up for today and hope for the best that the servers will be somewhat stable later :/

Deciphyr
12-22-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm in the queue of 1000+ ppl and all i wanna ask is if it is pointless to w8 cuz it got stuck or serves are open only for few hundred players or should i w8 in the queue? Like if there's any chance i get online today (to get my daily chaos chests we usually lose when the servers are down across server resets).

I'd say just give up. I've been in the queue a good 30 minutes and I'm in position 100. Sorry to disappoint.

Architekton
12-22-2015, 01:59 PM
While you guys are waiting you could check out this cool videos I made about trove : P.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lwDN4YSfbw&list=PL1L_rCNvh-QMbAlmcC_yldVfdcORjoPnV

ThatRandomTurtle
12-22-2015, 01:59 PM
welp we are down again... or are we idk im stuck in the que... so do we have an estimate on when we might be back up to normal

Wingzor
12-22-2015, 02:00 PM
1000+ queue 30min.. uuuuhm, no. :P
Idk but I never had some much issues and stress for server on any online game till trove. -_- I hope this horror will end some day..

Wolfie13139
12-22-2015, 02:06 PM
K so I was in the game and asked for giant farm someone invites me and i get smacked in the face with a queue... so like wtf... I'm just about to be done with trove until they fix their **** and take their little ****ing queues off cause its getting really annoying.

Edwardgami
12-22-2015, 02:06 PM
ques arent working

CCnowhere
12-22-2015, 02:10 PM
I was waiting for 20 minutes, and finally got under position 500, then the servers booted me and I'm back to the end of the line... I'm over this game for today...

Herschel
Hey all,

We're taking a server cluster offline to address some errors it's running into. This means our remaining servers will need to work a bit harder, so there may be some issues for the next little bit (including queues).

Thanks!

Server Status??

rtwillmott
Hey all,

Thanks!

Am I going to get my patron status extended? I just bought the starter pack today and server went down within 10 minutes of purchasing it...

Sydzzle
12-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Isnt it time to invest in better servers? new stuff is cool but unstable servers makes the game ****ty.

In the beginning i had respect for the downtimes, its hard work to gettin fixed, but now its gettin same sh*t different day style.

cheezyman1
12-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Fasti, plz get rid of queue. I got in and then I got a message that said something like The Server is having trouble logging you in. Please try again. Now I have been waiting like 30 minutes to get in!!! You guys took the servers down 3 times yesterday to fix this problem and I see that you are not even capable of fixing problems when you take the server down to address them!

IntactBurrito
12-22-2015, 02:12 PM
this is getting old. having patron for no apparent reason. its just running out our time. its so dumb to even pay for it.

Your money is going towards the people who work on the servers to (eventually) improve. I'm patron too, and I say it's worth it. The more money going towards the game, the greater chance we have of having 100% reliable servers.

Twisted_Code
Sigh, the servers will never get fixed.
Exibit A for why I will likely never spend much if any money on this game.

shadntheman
just leave the servers how they are like damn WE NEVER GET TO F U C K I N G PLAY CASUE OF UR B U L L S H I T WHEN WE PLAY THE GAME SURE THERE ARE A FEW LAGS BUT W.E THE GAMES NOT GONNA BE PERFECT LIKE DAMNN

KatanaMagic
12-22-2015, 02:15 PM
WHAT? AGAIN? I was just thinking about farming today..

Slaps4Days
12-22-2015, 02:18 PM
I can't even sell my 3 pentas or eyes so I quit le game for today bleh :P

Fancy McFancypants
12-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Take it easy guys, the servers are the best they can get....i mean how much can you possibly expect from a couple dozen potatoes???? nah really...take your time and get it fixed right guys, you cant rush perfection.

EDIT: could you at least perhaps bring up the PTS servers though?

UziEl
12-22-2015, 02:23 PM
this game server so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so soso so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD

greedyfarmer
12-22-2015, 02:25 PM
In queue, position over 9000. I just want to mine some ore and sell some stuff so i can get closer to the surestrike emblem

stmz
Your money is going towards the people who work on the servers to (eventually) improve. I'm patron too, and I say it's worth it. The more money going towards the game, the greater chance we have of having 100% reliable servers.

yeah, but when out of your patron 30 days 15 days servers are down. it doesnt seem like they are fixing the servers. you might as well say its a 30 day patron but only 15 days work.

Calamara
The servers are working unstable since release (Beta was more stable than this, and it was BETA...), the client crashes like 100 times a day for no reason and if players teleport in the game - how do we fix this?

RELEASE NEW CONTENT!!!

-irony off-

UziEl
12-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Queue postion " more then 5years"

Sydzzle
12-22-2015, 02:27 PM
The servers are working unstable since release (Beta was more stable than this, and it was BETA...), the client crashes like 100 times a day for no reason and if players teleport in the game - how do we fix this?

RELEASE NEW CONTENT!!!

-irony off-

Dont release new content but invest in better stable server!!!! ;-)

I cant do any with new content if the server crashed every other day.

dantemcnee
12-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Am I the only one with a 1000+ queue still?

BlankMoo
12-22-2015, 02:28 PM
And you would think, after so many downtime and maintenance within these past 2 days, the server would be fixed. They should at least let the people who pay $$ get priority into the server. Just a suggestion.

ComChien
12-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Can't get into club world =/

Fancy McFancypants
12-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Might as well meme while we wait.

PavyonFAresi
12-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

I'am waiting nearly one hour!!!!

CokeTV
12-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Gg hope they Fix it soon and Make Improvements to the servers!

Danszi
12-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Queue position 1000+ .. Not showing the time .. Im stucking here about 40-50mins. Srsly ... Just one word..-> Pathetic <-

JustAnotherRedShirt
12-22-2015, 02:36 PM
All these ungrateful people, making a ruckus about not being able to play their game on a weekday because there are issues being experienced by portions of the larger community. Selfish, really. Go do something else until the servers are back up instead of sitting here and complaining all the time. Fasti is a community representative, he gets information that he relays to us. We'll know when the servers are back up when he is told they're working alright. Those of you who haven't run a server of any sort have no room to complain about that which you do not understand, nor do you have the right to tell Trion how to do their jobs. Go smoke a cigarette or sip on your apple juice until the situation is resolved, rushing the job won't make it any better than it was.

vlam
12-22-2015, 02:37 PM
when trying to log in http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp349/enzymeF/Setup/GIFs/its-over-9000.gif (http://s426.photobucket.com/user/enzymeF/media/Setup/GIFs/its-over-9000.gif.html)

Hickori
12-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Buy a starter kit and the last 2 days icant play cause your maintance i hope i get 2 or 3 free patron days. Every time 0%bug restart game and login issues.
30 min queue with now time i will wait

Edwardgami
12-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Am I the only one with a 1000+ queue still?
me too :mad:

synthh
12-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Sad. I was queue position 500-ish, decided I'd had enough and stopped to see if it'd go faster, back to queue position 1,000+.
When are the devs gonna fix this ****? I've had enough...

Edwardgami
12-22-2015, 02:39 PM
And you would think, after so many downtime and maintenance within these past 2 days, the server would be fixed. They should at least let the people who pay $$ get priority into the server. Just a suggestion.

agreed, tho it would make it pay to win

littlebeanie
12-22-2015, 02:40 PM
how long will this take ;-;

Edwardgami
12-22-2015, 02:43 PM
agreed, tho it would make it pay to win

sorry... more like pay to play

vlam
12-22-2015, 02:45 PM
This game has the most server issues I have ever experienced from a game. And on top of that, its the first game I still love after a year playing it. Hope they get there sh*t done anytime soon. :)

HardLongLazer
12-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Trion for the love of everything in existence! If you, A company of a variety of games, CANNOT MAKE A PROMISE, without fulfilling it, THEN DON'T MAKE IT AT ALL, seriously! it's like you guys throw false anticipating hopes at people and then go " IT'S JUST A PRANK HAHAHA, MORE SERVER SHUTDOWNS COMING " . i've seen more than enough people loosing their progress due to server shutdowns and such. Maintain your promises or reward your community with an apology other than an "We're sorry, we're working on it". That doesn't make up for it ALL, the 21st of this month has been officially the worst time to be part of the game, or even play it, let alone make an progress! Has anyone noticed the server's history shutdown intervals? the game was up for a good 16 hours (not to mention it was down before that). Then followed by inconsistent ups and downs. The servers stood up for 25 - 30 and even 5 minutes! that's ridiculous Trion! Servers have been promised improvements but instead of taking 2 days to REALLY take a in-depth look into the coding You decide it's better for the players to be cut at such an unexpected rate that you cut progress from the players to a point where it becomes an annoyance. Confront the people that love and keep this game ALIVE, because as far as im concerned this game MUST be leaving some funds, enough to at least take a real good look into the stability of the servers. While we're on the topic of funds....Money, People are loosing their money which they spent with thoughts of being rewarded equally at the end of the day (not to mention the cash shop is full of prices that don't give something worth the value, in return.) The patron system is becoming more of a vacuum for money for the company, rewarding you guys but we're left here with Queues of up to 3 hours. unacceptable trion. Completely unprofessional behavior to your supporters, You guys send your admins to "update us" of the situation which to all veteran players comes to no surprise "Server instability" with a false Approximate time, i don't mean to bash as harshly on a rough estimate of when they're gonna be up, but at least be more engaging with your community and the way you communicate. Bottom line, Be more efficient with us, don't make the experience which for some is just starting, a nightmare. potentially loosing incoming future funds. Take more consideration to the way it's affecting US, Stand to your promises or keep delaying the inevitable; Negative player feedback. I am not particularly mad about the whole issue but it still hits me in all the wrong ways considering the love everyone has for this game, i'm just speaking for everyone that's lost something due to your oversight on the game lacking consistency. I understand the team for this game is small, but it's gonna come back to bite you when the community wont take any more of it, The game IT SELF is great! but the servers...ayy-ayay! Step up your game and stop it with the promises you cannot meet.~ A very annoyed veteran player. :p

Twisted_Code
12-22-2015, 02:48 PM
So just how long is this seemingly mile-long queue anyway? The client stopped counting after 1000, and I'd like to know if I should even bother keeping it open or if the strain on my system would do more damage in $ than it would cost to buy stuff with credits to make up for my missed game time (not that I would pay to do that after all this BS). I haven't even been able to complete the daily quest yet! WTF Trion Worlds!

Hickori
12-22-2015, 02:54 PM
The funny is, i am in TS3 with club and tehy got dc too. but they can reloge with no queue.......

baky456789
12-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Oh baby yes! It now says the EST Time Left!!! That means Trion is actually doing ''something''

Twisted_Code
12-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Trion for the love of everything in existence! If you, A company of a variety of games, CANNOT MAKE A PROMISE, without fulfilling it, THEN DON'T MAKE IT AT ALL, seriously! it's like you guys throw false anticipating hopes at people and then go " IT'S JUST A PRANK HAHAHA, MORE SERVER SHUTDOWNS COMING " . i've seen more than enough people loosing their progress due to server shutdowns and such. Maintain your promises or reward your community with an apology other than an "We're sorry, we're working on it". That doesn't make up for it ALL, the 21st of this month has been officially the worst time to be part of the game, or even play it, let alone make an progress! Has anyone noticed the server's history shutdown intervals? the game was up for a good 16 hours (not to mention it was down before that). Then followed by inconsistent ups and downs. The servers stood up for 25 - 30 and even 5 minutes! that's ridiculous Trion! Servers have been promised improvements but instead of taking 2 days to REALLY take a in-depth look into the coding You decide it's better for the players to be cut at such an unexpected rate that you cut progress from the players to a point where it becomes an annoyance. Confront the people that love and keep this game ALIVE, because as far as im concerned this game MUST be leaving some funds, enough to at least take a real good look into the stability of the servers. While we're on the topic of funds....Money, People are loosing their money which they spent with thoughts of being rewarded equally at the end of the day (not to mention the cash shop is full of prices that don't give something worth the value, in return.) The patron system is becoming more of a vacuum for money for the company, rewarding you guys but we're left here with Queues of up to 3 hours. unacceptable trion. Completely unprofessional behavior to your supporters, You guys send your admins to "update us" of the situation which to all veteran players comes to no surprise "Server instability" with a false Approximate time, i don't mean to bash as harshly on a rough estimate of when they're gonna be up, but at least be more engaging with your community and the way you communicate. Bottom line, Be more efficient with us, don't make the experience which for some is just starting, a nightmare. potentially loosing incoming future funds. Take more consideration to the way it's affecting US, Stand to your promises or keep delaying the inevitable; Negative player feedback. I am not particularly mad about the whole issue but it still hits me in all the wrong ways considering the love everyone has for this game, i'm just speaking for everyone that's lost something due to your oversight on the game lacking consistency. I understand the team for this game is small, but it's gonna come back to bite you when the community wont take any more of it, The game IT SELF is great! but the servers...ayy-ayay! Step up your game and stop it with the promises you cannot meet.~ A very annoyed veteran player. :p
*reads the beginning to get the basic idea and then decides tl;dr* I agree. I'm getting sick of the empty promises. Either fix the damn servers or let them run until they burn out and replace them. The up-and-down is ridiculous.

Wingzor
12-22-2015, 02:55 PM
cya tomorrow trove, I dont wait for playing.

fix the servers pls.

Twisted_Code
12-22-2015, 03:03 PM
cya tomorrow trove, I dont wait for playing.

fix the servers pls.
looks like it's online without a queue (or at least, without a community to fill the queue. I can't tell which), although for how long no one knows with this company.

Wingzor
12-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Nah I dont try it anymore today. Yesterday and today was a bad day for trove and we have still ZERO information about the server upgrades.
As I said, I never had so much issues seen in any game, and I thought the blizz servers are crap (WoW, D3) ... But..
It makes me just sad and I cant do anything to get this server fixed faster.

CokeTV
12-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Its working now the Live servers going faster PTS is still down tho well for me

CostumeMaster
12-22-2015, 03:43 PM
PTS is still down ?
Hmm yeah all the servers are back online right??

Link2434
12-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Deciphyr, your sig is best sig EDDSWORLD FOR LIFE!

Mismis
12-22-2015, 05:06 PM
I am STILL getting logged into the hub when I've logged out in the club .

It's getting extremely frustrating. Will this ever be addressed?

Hareraiser
12-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Take it easy guys, the servers are the best they can get....i mean how much can you possibly expect from a couple dozen potatoes???? nah really...take your time and get it fixed right guys, you cant rush perfection.

EDIT: could you at least perhaps bring up the PTS servers though?

I think they mashed the potatoes instead of sticking them in the stew. Gosh, get it right, devs!

Also, fancy seeing you here. :3

FayMonsterDad
12-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Hey Fasti, are you at liberty to tell us precisely what's causing the problem? Is it a hardware or software issue?

CokeTV
12-22-2015, 05:37 PM
PTS is back up!!

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?85681-PTS-Maintenance-8-30-AM-PST-4-30-PM-GMT-12-22-2015

Herschel
12-23-2015, 07:08 AM
I would assume there is still a server issue, tried logging in only to be greeted by the 1000+ queue. So frustrated with you Trion, guess its off to the PTS until you get your **** fixed!

Kinoyo
12-23-2015, 08:05 AM
Trying to log in today, and I'm still waiting on a queue. I thought that **** got fixed yesterday? What is the hold up now?

I thought I logged in at a good time to start the 10 A.M. (EST) dragon cache challenge, but the queue is going to prove me otherwise.

Slaps4Days
12-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Queues are love queues are life.

Badges
12-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Unfortunately, most posts in server stability thread (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?78701) are ignored. Where is the Producer's Letter?

Herschel
12-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Unfortunately, most posts in server stability thread (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?78701) are ignored. Where is the Producer's Letter?

Agreed, its sad that the Community Representative cant even do the job that he himself said he would do.

"I promise to do all I can to be helpful."

Well right now, your failing at being helpful at all Fasti. No update on server status and when (approximately) the issues will be fixed. Being a gamer for a long time, this type of blatant disregard for keeping your community informed, is of no surprise to me, but what does have me baffled is how gaming companies still ignore their communities.

Nikhamelin
12-23-2015, 10:17 AM
Well right now, your failing at being helpful at all Fasti. No update on server status and when (approximately) the issues will be fixed. Being a gamer for a long time, this type of blatant disregard for keeping your community informed, is of no surprise to me, but what does have me baffled is how gaming companies still ignore their communities.

I think that it is frustrating for Fasti to give support on products like this.
It is hard to do a good job when you must justify something inexcusable. It's demotivating

Maledictam
12-23-2015, 10:22 AM
To be fair, Fasti probably has no clue what the eta is. If he did, he would say. I am sure those dealing with us would love to tell us that it would be up and running by next weekend, if they could. The person you should probably direct your anger to, is to their boss.