PDA

View Full Version : Discouraging new players buying Trove of Wonders: Increase price but keep droprate

Icrine
10-16-2015, 02:44 AM
In the long run, I hope that developers will increase the price of TOW to around 50 keeping loot tables the same flux:droprate. Reason being that new players, who should not be enticed into buying such an endgame item, may splurge in 10ks instead of saving up for items they really need. Gambler's fallacy is strong in trove, hence why I've been able to sell shadow caches 1:500, 1:600f + in recent three weeks (all to change with the marketplace) and I want to confront my sins by trying to make a difference for new players.

As a fairly new trovian myself, give or take 1.5 months, I've managed to reach mastery 200 and have about 3 sets of radiants only through harsh control and selling items I don't need. Trove of wonders is one such accessible which SHOULD NOT BE in the grasp of younger players. While everyone is entitled to buy whatever they want, having it at a 9999f borderline may cause new players to buy them without knowing what they stand for (seeing a golden ship will undoubtedly make you think you stumbled on treasure)

Do comment with your opinions if you disagree.

Essentially if 1 in 50 trove of wonders at 9999f each dropped a mount, I want the ratio to be 1 in 10 trove of wonders dropping a mount at 50000f each instead.

BASTIANxSTARK
10-16-2015, 02:47 AM
Uhm, are you going to sell/buy something? I think you're in the wrong part of forums. :P

Icrine
10-16-2015, 02:47 AM
bah, mispost. will get a mod :(