PDA

View Full Version : The Trovian Knights - Bugball Event

TheIgmo
12-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Happy holidays, everyone. The Trovian Knights is in the process of building our bugball arena, which will HOPEFULLY be done this coming weekend. I'd like to see if I can gather some interested participants for our first game, which will likely be streamed (link to be posted). Rewards will be provided to the winning team, tentative rewards are (and I'm happy to take suggestions on these):

Winning Team: 4 costume boxes, 300 eyes

Note that they will be divided equally between the members on the team, which is 1 or 2 players per team, depending on the number of people interested in participating.

Bugball Summary
- 4 teams, and 4 different colored goal areas (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow). Each team can be 1 or 2 players (all teams must have the same number of players, unless waived by the team(s) with less).
- Players will NOT be restricted by class or equipment, so bring any advantage you can with play-style/equipment. A class changer, personal chest, and rejuvenation station will be available on both sides of every goal, and a brief period will be allotted between rounds to change class, refill flasks, or swap equipment.
- A round consists of two sections: 1) A bugball is dropped into the arena, and knocking it into a goal will grant one point to the team of that color. 2) When a point is scored, a mushroom ball is dropped into the arena, and knocking it into a goal will REMOVE one point from the team of that color (minimum 0, no negative points)
- Purple "ball out" posts are located between goals at the edge of the arena. Knocking a bugball into one of these posts will not award points, but a new bugball will come into play (the round will not progress to the mushroom section). If a mushroom ball is knocked into a "ball out" post, the round ends with no points subtracted.
- The arena will include hazards such as spikes, lava, etc. I will likely move the respawn to the arena floor so players can immediately resume play, though depending on spectators behavior, this may not be viable -- if the respawn cannot be moved, I, or one of the other Trovian Knights members will resurrect players on the field or readmit them to the arena between ball drops.
- The game ends when one team has 3 points after the mushroom section of a round.

If you are interested in joining, please reply to this thread stating your intent to join. We can have a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 participants for this event, though we will create a standby list, as well, if interest in this event is high. Participants will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis, so sign up early to reserve a spot if you are interested. The planned time for this event will be Saturday, December 27th at 6pm EST (GMT-5), though I will make sure that this thread is updated, so if that changes I will make sure everyone is aware. There will be 15 minutes of "ready up" time before the game starts (6:15pm EST), to make sure all participants will have time to arrive (or standby players can fill any empty slots), change class/equipment if necessary, and get situated in the arena before the first bugball drops.

NOTE: There is NO ENTRY FEE for this event -- your time is valuable, and choosing to spend it in one of our events is all we would ever ask of other players.

I took some pictures of the arena so you can get a sense of what'll be involved: http://imgur.com/a/Ogjmq

TheIgmo
12-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Still looking for participants. The arena build is moving along, and should be done before the weekend is upon us.

Miya
12-24-2014, 04:16 PM
I will join ..

Tbh i tried to make an equal football tournament also but noone wanted to enjoy .. The community of trove is zombies atm , which can farm w.o sleep but can't afford some fun .

TheIgmo
12-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Excellent! Just need 3 more participants for the game! The arena is complete, and I had some folks in my friends list do a test run of the game, and they REALLY enjoyed it. Frantic, Fun, and very competitive. I added some "ball out" posts, which amend the rules with the following:

If a bugball is destroyed on a "ball out" post, no points are awarded, but a new bugball comes into play (the round does not progress to the mushroom section). If a mushroom is destroyed on a "ball out" post, no points are subtracted, and the game moves to the next round (a bugball is deployed, or the game ends if a team has scored 3 points).

The ball out posts are purple 1x1 columns, two blocks high, capped at the top with a non-glowing block (we experimented with 3x3 columns, but they resulted in too many ball outs).

Also of note, a scoreboard is located just below the skybox used to deploy the balls, and the locker room as been cut in favor of having rejuvenation stations, class changers, and personal chests on either side of each goal. Players are allotted a brief period between rounds to change class/refill flasks/swap equipment if so desired. I will edit my original post to reflect these changes, as well.

Sentium
12-26-2014, 04:02 AM
I will join.

TheIgmo
12-27-2014, 10:19 AM
We just need 2 more participants, and we can have the game! Or 6 more for more frantic fun! Any other folks interested in participating?

Edit: Also note that I made the goals slightly larger (one block higher) to help with speeding the match up a bit.