PDA

View Full Version : Scavenger Hunt Competition

Mystyk
09-18-2015, 04:11 PM
starting a hide n seek competition at our club world for the hex of it :) there is a hidden information sign with a phrase/name/word/etc on it somewhere in the club...find it and leave what it says as a reply to this forum post and you will be declared the winner!! time stamp post will break any ties, arguements, etc

the grand prize for this time around......100k flux!!

if you are up for a challenge and some fun feel free to stop by and give it a go :) our club is called GANQsters, named after our local gaming shop GANQ - Geeks And Nerds Quarter

/joinworld GANQsters

there is only 1 information sign in our club btw, the rest are trove signs...gl, hf, and enjoy the hunt!! i hope to sponsor more of this activity in the future, the next will most likely be a cotton candy or somethin else sweet...see ya in game

EDIT: updated the submission process to be a PM to me, this will prevent post editing for time stamps...also, i assure you there is an information sign in the club, im not trolling or trying to get ppl into my club as numerous have suggested...there are a TON of amazing clubs sweeter than ours out there :) we dont need an ego boost or pat on the back...we are gamers, nerds, etc and enjoy trove...this is just a fun community event, so quit whining and enjoy the hunt :)

Now3852
09-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Just bookmarking this post, ill post the sign if I find it in a different post

Mystyk
09-18-2015, 05:28 PM
clarifying some questions/rules

a club member can not win - they dont know where its hidden anyway but i want it to be a community event :) our club is a small group of friends all from the same town, we just use trove to chill and hf

im the ONLY person who knows where its at, i will NOT give hints...plz dont ask

the competition will remain open until a winner is found - i will up the prize pool as i see fit to get more ppl looking :) ENJOY!!

Xeyla
09-18-2015, 05:32 PM
this is kinda like the Lotto now, isn't it? You are really sneaky, lol.

Mystyk
09-18-2015, 05:36 PM
except im not making money, haha...hmmm, might take donations on the next hunt :) we shall see...this is gonna be fun!!

Turntablist
09-18-2015, 05:37 PM
sneaky sneaky spot! hard to find it seems. Will try later

4ork3
09-18-2015, 05:47 PM
cool, ill try
pretty hard

TroveTrades
09-18-2015, 05:50 PM
So hard..............

Mystyk
09-18-2015, 05:56 PM
due to an oversight of being able to edit your post w/o a new time stamp im updating the submission to a PM to me via the forum...that should clear up any timing of entries that could arise :) thx to some ppl in game hunting for pointing that out

Bobfishkins23
09-18-2015, 06:15 PM
ive found some promising spots but no sign, hmmmmmmmmmm

Mystyk
09-19-2015, 01:25 AM
the hunt continues...numerous attempts, lots of rage, insanity everywhere...does it get any better??

Now3852
09-19-2015, 02:20 AM
does it get any better??
Yes, me finding it :) Still looking....

Xorman
09-19-2015, 03:42 AM
Lots of interesting things in your club world. I'm having fun exploring!

Xeyla
09-19-2015, 10:16 AM
I have found multiple hideouts today. I spent another 2 hours scouring your club world. I shall be back again later.

Now3852
09-20-2015, 01:30 AM
Still searching.
Found an underground river leading to an underground tree leading to a maze leading to a huge underground castle.... still no sign

CyborgFranky
09-20-2015, 03:05 AM
Wizard of Oz

Now3852
09-20-2015, 03:05 AM
Wizard of oz

CyborgFranky
09-20-2015, 03:07 AM
well played :D

Now3852
09-20-2015, 03:09 AM
You betrayed me!
I extremly dislike you :mad:

Now3852
09-20-2015, 03:14 AM
Welp I have learned to never help anyone ever again you wouldn't have found it without me showing you that one place!
SOOO mad right now!

PaulMafinga
09-20-2015, 03:19 AM
Looks to me like you guys need to share the reward.

Now3852
09-20-2015, 03:20 AM
exact same timestamp :mad:
i need to cool myself down...

CyborgFranky
09-20-2015, 03:40 AM
For 3 minutes, we were hunch buddies.
that means something.
so, since you were going to buy these, I will find them for you as a token of my thanks.
IOU (1) SL4 MD/ER ring
and (1) SL4 PD/ER ring
as soon as i get them, i will trade them to you.
hunch buddies 4 life.

Mystyk
09-20-2015, 09:36 AM
ding ding ding :) we have ourselves a winner...or two...however you 2 seem fit

as an official winner it is cyborgfranky as his PM that was sent to me was an hour and half ahead of yours, i will let you 2 figure that out

thx to all who participated and looked into the hunt!! im going to track down franky and hook him up with this reward then ill be posting some pics of how to get there :) it was a tough one, well done you two

Now3852
09-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Will be posting an Epic response for Mystyk and cyborgFranky in the next 24 hours.
Stay Tuned!

Mystyk
09-20-2015, 10:37 AM
linking a quick picture walkthrough, it required some tricks ;)

http://imgur.com/a/AXg2D

first is the entrance from the underground room through the waterfall
next is where you have to use fae trickster to blink through the hole
last is jumping up at the end of the tunnel to see the sign

again, i hope everyone involved had a great time :) i will continue hosting these events and finding some crazy hiding spots - i want it to be a challenge so expect more of the same!! if any of you want to help sponsor and donate some sweet prizes let me know...im not super rich by any means but i have a few things i dont really have to have, enjoying different aspects of the game (community) before becoming so rich not to care is where i want to be :) so giving back is the plan

so far i have a cotton candy, black scarab wall trophy, giant ladybug wall trophy, golden key...hmm, just whatever is laying around i feel like gettin rid of atm i suppose

thx again for a fun hunt, take care all

CyborgFranky
09-20-2015, 01:46 PM
What's your IGN?

Now3852
09-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Alright here it goes:

First to MYSTYK:

1. What do you mean his PM was and hour and a half ahead? We posted at the exact same time?
2. I actually got into the castle through the above ground castle and the underground tree, didn't know about that other entrance!
3. Really hope you do more of these scavenger hunts, they are so much fun! PLZ DO MORE!

Now, For CYBORGFRANKY:

1. I have to say I'm sorry for my response when you beat me to post the code on the forums by SECONDS! What was going through my mind at that time was that someone I had just helped and had befriended had turned on me, I almost cried realizing 100k flux had been ripped from my hands!
2. Are you serious about the rings? This makes me believe that there are some good players on Trove, for all I knew you could have just kept the flux! Thank you very much! You just turned my frown upside down :)
3. I'm sorry about how I responded and we can continue to be "hunch buddies"( inside thing), HOWEVER I think to avoid this happening again we should just tell each other where we think it ISN'T, not where we think it is :) lol
4. See ya in-game!

CyborgFranky
09-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Don't worry, we're still hunch buddies! :3
and yes I'm serious about the rings :D

Xorman
09-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Dang it. I found that spot days ago...need to be more careful looking for the sign next time.

Now3852
09-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Can you post here along with the new thread when you do a new scavenger hunt?
Juts in case I miss it