PDA

View Full Version : [bug] Combat sounds unaffected by volume sliders

rosetta
10-05-2014, 11:33 AM
When I play Trove the whole apartment building knows whenever I am fighting someone. The combat sounds are so much louder than any other sounds. I don't use headphones or cheesy laptop speakers, I have receivers and speakers that are dialed in properly and haven't had the knobs on them touched for years, and the levels are proper for any other game or media player. I usually turn sound effects down a tad in FPS games and keep the music cranked. Well, in Trove with the music at max and the sound effects and 20% or less I can barely hear my sword swing or the mining sounds or any other sounds but the combat sounds are STILL SOOOOO LOUD!!! Like rattle the windows and the plates in the cupboard loud.

It's hard for me to believe that everyone else uses weak, tiny speakers or laptops and no one has complained about this yet. It might be only for the Knight class, not sure. Maybe it's some incompatibility with my sweet ASUS sound card or because I run a 5.1 setup. But if a dev could check out the combat sounds, especially the sound when a mob dies I would be most grateful. I can post screenshots of all my level settings and give a DxDiag or any info you need, but this is a little crazy. Also I can't seem to find the bug report forums, which seems a little odd for a beta test, so please let me know if this is in the wrong place to post this on these forums.

Thanks in advance to any Dev that reads this! Really hope future patch notes have a line like: combat sounds are now affected by the sfx slider.

Grievous
10-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Please try tuning your Master Volume down, make it equal with the others for a normal effect or edit to your own likin.
The SFX and Music has nothing to do with the combat sounds I believe.