PDA

View Full Version : Account reset

Joolean
09-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi, so I was playing in the uber 1 zone and decided to teleport back to the hub. When I got back my character level had been reset back to 1, all my stuff was gone and my cornerstone was back to the default starting cornerstone. I tried relogging a few times but it seems my trove account has been reset. Apparently this also happened to someone else. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone knows a solution. Thanks.

Cranium
09-30-2014, 06:03 PM
ouch? that is all that come to mind. seems like a fairly impossible thing to have happen to someone. I think others would of been reporting this if it was something that actually happened

Joolean
09-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Yea it's really weird. The other guy who it happened to posted it on the trove reddit page. He said he sent a report but they said it would take 96-120 hours for a response. After looking more at my account I noticed that my friends list and my cubits weren't deleted, but everything else was.

Subject
09-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Yea it's really weird. The other guy who it happened to posted it on the trove reddit page. He said he sent a report but they said it would take 96-120 hours for a response. After looking more at my account I noticed that my friends list and my cubits weren't deleted, but everything else was.

You should PM Avarem on Reddit for a faster response. I think he may be very interested to hear of this sort of bug, and if they have any sort of backup system in place, hopefully he can restore your stuff. That's really a bummer.

Subject
09-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Since I can't edit my old reply - thinking on it, did you by chance have a vulgar in game name, club name, or anything vulgar built on your cornerstone?

Magnall
10-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Hi, so I was playing in the uber 1 zone and decided to teleport back to the hub. When I got back my character level had been reset back to 1, all my stuff was gone and my cornerstone was back to the default starting cornerstone. I tried relogging a few times but it seems my trove account has been reset. Apparently this also happened to someone else. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone knows a solution. Thanks.

Yes, me too reset class and all items. I was gunslinger 20 lvl, and knight 14, but now 1lvl. I have 12 heal potions. This is only one I still have. I was playing in the U5 and too teleport to the hub, and BANG!. RESET. Home gone too.

Lantyssa
10-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Exact same thing happened to me.

I kept credits, my club membership (but lost my stashed card), and account-bound things like my raptor mount and pet. Everything else was as if I had just started the game.

CometofthePhantomile
10-01-2014, 03:23 PM
So all of these incidents happened from teleporting to the hub? This is very interesting. It doesn't seem like anybody will get their previous stuff back sadly due to the fact that these items can be lost easily, but the devs should do something about Cornerstones and character levels. It's almost like they aren't really as backed up as much as they should be. Until then, try not going to the hub as much........

Neft
10-01-2014, 11:07 PM
this would have to have something to do with how loading is set up, like for instance in another game when this happend it was because i was in a glitched sub server/world or whatever, they could of entered a hub right when it was resetting or the hub they entered might have been up for to long resetting everyone that entered but those that were in before it bugged would be fine.

it seems far fetched but option 2 is what happened more then likely, and you can say what you want, but ive actually seen glitches like this on games.

Magnall
10-02-2014, 04:38 AM
Surely we cannot count on the return of our stuff, but they should fix this bug, so other players would not become the same injury, or a second time to us!

Joolean
10-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Well I haven't done anything vulgar in game at all but it looks like this has happened to a couple others so hopefully it gets fixed soon. I sent a report but I'm still waiting for a response. It would really suck if we couldn't get our items back since I grinded all weekend for an infinity pwn-e on foot and got to level 19. I just finished my cornerstone before it happened too, lol.

Cranium
10-02-2014, 05:24 PM
I think subject may of been on to something, Are you guys avoiding his response?

Joolean
10-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I responded, lol. I haven't done anything vulgar, I barely even make contact with other players just been playing by myself. Hopefully they respond to my ticket soon I've been dying to play lol.

Neft
10-03-2014, 05:21 PM
well if the devs did reset your account they would need probable cause and cussing wouldnt do that, if it did i would of been reset like 100 times over by now, but if your cornerstone had ANYTHING that could be deemed as vulgarity/against the tos or the rules then its more than possible for it to of been reset without any warning

Lantyssa
10-03-2014, 08:08 PM
I doubt it was dev initiated. I had a bout of lag prior to mine, and thought maybe returning to the hub would help fix it. It took a long while to load, and when it did everything that wasn't account related (coins, promo skins, club membership) was reset.

Far more likely the pointer to our database entry got corrupted and reset. Having nothing to find, it treated us like new characters. (Maybe a flag like alpha->beta wipe got flipped on somehow.) Regardless it's a bug that needs to be quashed. As much as us losing a bit of work and peace of mind is unpleasant (though I do hope we get reimbursed once the rush from moving to this stage is over), it will be far worse if this happens to someone after months of effort.

Joolean
10-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Yea I don't think the devs did it and I've said nothing vulgar and my cornerstone isn't vulgar at all, it's just a weird glitch. Lantyssa if you find out anything can you post here so we know what to do? Thanks.

Another weird thing I found is that I had a diggsly pet before this wipe and now he appears sometimes when I enter club worlds, although he doesn't show up in my collections. I don't know if this is a separate bug or not but I just found it interesting.

GoodOldKingMaelstro
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Definitly not the devs.

Lost everything from pretty much the same thing. I've never typed a word besides "kk" and "hey, look a dungeon".

Just logged in, expecting to go to land of dead, and I'm in hub with nothing but my credits, lvl1 everything, and 12 potions.
They haven't replied to my bug report either, and it's been more than a few days. Indeed they might want to do something about this.

Avarem
10-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Hey guys - just stopping by to let you know that we're looking at this.

Magnall
10-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks Avarem for info. We know that test this bug, requires some time, but you know we're a little nervous. We are waiting for a response from support and did not get it, so we are feel ignored. We know that these are beta testing and you have a lot of work so we hope that everything will work out.

SilentStorm
10-06-2014, 02:26 PM
This happened to me, but this time when I logged in both of my characters reset one was a level 5 and the other was a 7

Nimble
10-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Just wanted to notify that this has JUST happened to me as well.
I worked my butt off today to get my Ninja up and made it to 15.5 roughly.
When i logged in just now, he was level 6 and my inventory is full of random green items...
(Nimble ingame)

Midnite860
10-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Sadly, I've been playing over this past weekend and when I go to sign on Monday night all levels back to 1 from 6-ish and all items gone including the blocks i got from a voxster pack. sucks.... I atleast kept my unlockable stuffs.

Garfrost
10-08-2014, 02:27 AM
For those affected, please look over here: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?589-Rollbacks

Note that mailing them will make you lose any progress you've made since you were rolled back.

Lantyssa
10-08-2014, 07:16 AM
I really hope they don't wipe everything. It's been over a week since I mailed them.

Garfrost
10-08-2014, 08:33 AM
If I understood Avarem correctly from what he mentioned to us then they'll simply roll you back to their last back-up before the data loss.

Lantyssa
10-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Yes, that is my concern. I did a lot in that day I lost, but I've had a week of stuff I've done since. (My ticket was on 9/30.) I'd be losing far more if I'm reset to that previous state.

Garfrost
10-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Yes, that is my concern. I did a lot in that day I lost, but I've had a week of stuff I've done since. (My ticket was on 9/30.) I'd be losing far more if I'm reset to that previous state.

May want to notify them of this before they do the restore pass. Otherwise I imagine you might just lose everything.

Nimble
10-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Why the effing cakeberry am I the only person incapable of logging in?
I'm even 1 of the 6% that had the rollback -.-
uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, rebooted computer, removed glyph, reinstalled it, rebooted computer again, and then installed Trove again.
Still doesn't work.

I launch the game from Glyph;
The game starts up as normal, but then gets stuck at the loading screen with a forest.
All i see is my fps@upper left corner, which is jumping between 110-111..
Could I get a hand here? I'm out of options and haven't been able to play properly, EVER SINCE THE ROLLBACK Q___Q <the issue started when i tried to relog after i saw i got rolledback>

Joolean
10-10-2014, 06:16 AM
So what I thought was going to happen happened. I got a ticket answered today 10 days after this whole thing happened to me. What do they tell me? They don't have back ups from before October the 3rd and can't restore my account. So because no one cared when this original account reset happened to us 10 days ago, and only thought to solve the issue this past Monday when a lot more people were rolled back, I now have to pay for it. In fact, they still haven't even replied to my original ticket sent 10 days ago, just to ones I sent on Monday. Basically my entire character was wiped, I waited patiently without doing anything for 10 days only for them to tell me they can't do anything. This has been a very frustrating experience.

Nimble
10-10-2014, 06:18 AM
So what I thought was going to happen happened. I got a ticket answered today 10 days after this whole thing happened to me. What do they tell me? They don't have back ups from before October the 3rd and can't restore my account. So because no one cared when this original account reset happened to us 10 days ago, and only thought to solve the issue this past Monday when a lot more people were rolled back, I now have to pay for it. In fact, they still haven't even replied to my original ticket sent 10 days ago, just to ones I sent on Monday. Basically my entire character was wiped, I waited patiently without doing anything for 10 days only for them to tell me they can't do anything. This has been a very frustrating experience.

I feel you :<
My poor diggsly has lost its owner as well Q_Q

Neft
10-10-2014, 10:50 PM
is this only affecting alpha accounts o.e?

GoodOldKingMaelstro
10-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Well.. No. It's been affecting all accounts.

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/yes-im-mad_o_1087197.jpg