PDA

View Full Version : Stricken, the Toxic Tower

Chosenwaffle
07-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Stricken, the Toxic Tower

Stricken is a stationary tower that spans the entire height of the room he is in. He rests in the exact center of the room. He consists of 4 layers of hatches around his body. The first layer is comprised of 4 large hatches, one on every side. The second layer consists of one large hatch on a random side. The third layer has a bunch of smaller hatches on each side. The top layer will have another 4 large hatches on each side like the lowest layer.

At the start of combat, the lowest hatches open causing a slow flow of toxic water to slowly fill the room (the room has platforms to retreat to if the toxic water gets too high.

Phase 1 (100%): The toxic water begins to rise slowly and every 10 seconds 4 toxic sludges spawn from the water and slowly (you can run from them) creep towards the nearest players to attack them. This first phase is to allow everyone to get into a good position and get ready for the next phase.

Phase 2 (80%): The large hatch on his second layer from the bottom opens up and Stricken starts to spin. This hatch produces a large toxic beam that slowly spins around the room forcing players to abandon their comfortable safe-spots to navigate the treacherous toxic wastes. The beam can be instant death or very high damage.

Phase 3 (60%): The many third layer hatches open up and a large number of small toxic sludglings fall from them into the toxic water below, they will have a small amount of health, but will do a decent amount of damage, requiring the adventurers to take them out quickly while still avoiding the toxic water and the toxic beam. More will spawn every 15 seconds.

Phase 4 (40%): The final layer will open up and start lobbing acidic projectiles at the party dealing sizeable AoE damage wherever they land. At this point, players are managing jumping from platform to platform, kiting or killing sludges, killing waves of little sludglings, and avoiding a spinning death laser.

The idea behind this boss is to force players to be constantly aware of their surroundings while still having a large central target to focus their attacks on. Teamwork and Coordination will be required for larger groups. I think this would be a lot of fun and would also lead to some humorous and chaotic situations.

Edit: Some MSPaint skills showing off some idea of what I'm talking about (don't judge me!) http://imgur.com/p2qdZ46

Chosenwaffle
07-23-2015, 07:08 AM
Can the trove team even do percentage based bosses? I'm just now realizing that this is probably a bit too complex! XD

Chosenwaffle
07-23-2015, 08:15 PM
any critiques?