PDA

View Full Version : Not a Boss, just a Mechanic;

Mandibles
07-22-2015, 03:24 PM
I cant really think of an entire boss but maybe someone could use this mechanic I'd like to see in one of their designs.

I'd like to see a mechanic where either the boss splits up into 12 enemies, or it starts as 12 smaller enemies and they move towards the center of the combat room and merge.

Potentially people could make the boss easier by killing off some of its smaller parts, but the real rewards would be from allowing all 12 minions to merge into a superboss.

Maybe each minion does a different type of damage or attack, so if a team is having problems winning,t hey could kill off a specific minion to allow for boss rushing when beating the superboss isnt the target goal (like during challenges).

Just a thought. :)

Milambit
07-22-2015, 03:26 PM
That's pretty cool actually... Like tomb-raiser minions but in enemy npc form.

Cool idea!

DigiFormer
07-22-2015, 03:32 PM
That's pretty sweet draw it out and I'll totally reccomend it

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Boneweaver, Lord of the Tomb

Boneweaver is a disgruntled Tomb Raiser who is angry at players whom he believes are stealing his glory.

Boneweaver is a fight consisting of 3 phases each with 3 abilities.

Form 1 Swarm:
Boneweaver summons a dozen giant bone spiders to his command. These spiders slowly lose health. When they get to 50% health they go to the center of the room. When 6 or more spiders are together in the rest quickly head to the center and center they merge. The merge has 10% more hp for every remaining spider over 6 who survives.

The swarm has 3 abilities while active.
1) Webbing - a Spider can cover a trovian in webbing slowing him and lowering his attack speed by 50%. This also removed the ability to jump for 10 seconds.
2) Poison Bite - Spider bites remove all health regen and deal 1% health damage per second for 10 seconds this stacks up to 5 times (5% per second for 10 seconds).
3) Spiderlings - The Spider calls bone spiderlings which swarm an area dealing damage to all traped within the swarm.

Form 2 Collosssus: After the Merge The spiders become a Collosal Bone Spider with Boneweaver visible in the head of the spider.

The collosus has 3 abilities while active.
1) Petrifying web. - a web burst is launched towards an area, players caught within the webbing are debuffed with 25% less damage/atk speed/movement speed per second and are lowered to 1 jump. This lasts 15 seconds and can stack 3 times (75%)

2) Paralytic Bite - The collosus strikes a trovian dealing moderate damage and they are immobalized and take 5% damage per second for 10 seconds.

3) Skewer - The collosus deals damage to any trovians who are caught under its feet while moving. This deals 1% damage per second for 5 seconds.

When the collosus is defeated phase 3 begins...

Just when you thought it was over, Boneweaver calls upon the bones of the defeated spiders and trovians around him and transforms himself into a collosal Tomb Raiser.
Ability 1 - Call bone spider. Every 8 seconds, Boneweaver calls a Ggiant Bone Spider. These must be quickly killed before they overwhelm the team.

Ability 2 - Summon Collosal Weaver. - Every 60 seconds, Boneweaver Summons a Collosal Weaver. The strength of the weaver is dependant on the amount of remaining bone spiders. The spiders are all destroyed when this is cast similar to the Tomb Raiser Giant.

Ability 3 - Bonecaller - Boneweaver channels damage on the nearest trovian dealing damage to him and any nearby trovians while healing any bone spiders or collosal weavers nearby.

Mandibles
07-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Boneweaver is an awesome idea but I think I'd add the Gravity effect to the spiderlings in first stage otherwise people could just keep jumping to avoid any of the effects. (Maybe more incentive to kill the spiderlings too) ... Unless maybe the Webbing specifically targetted jumping players and rooted them tot he ground for a few seconds?

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 04:19 PM
There we go =) Now Webs remove jump =)