PDA

View Full Version : [Shadow Titan] Seņor Helado (Ice Cream Bandit Boss)

FriedSushi
07-22-2015, 03:13 PM
+= Seņor Helado =+
Candorian Shadow Titan
======================================

http://i.imgur.com/kEB6Dzp.png

======================================

I wasn't completely satisified with my last Shadow Titan idea that I had to come up with another one that was closer to my heart. I don't think I could have let this idea go, since I basically live in Candoria. So, I was brainstorming ideas and the idea of the sombrero came to mind. A sombrero keeps the sun off yourself, making a shadow to protect yourself from the light. Thus, Seņor Helado came to be. His name literally means Mr. Ice Cream in spanish.

Seņor Helado is the revenge-seeking twin of Eis Crom, the ruling god of the Candy Barbarians. He wishes only to smite all the sweets-sucking, dessert devouring Trovians who dare lay hands (or mouths) upon the nation of Candoria, and he's back for revenge!

================================================== =========

Scenario: When the Trovians arrive in the Shadow Tower, a "seemingly" innocent GIANT ice cream sundae is in the center of the arena. To activate the boss, players much collect churros from Churro Bandits that will start spawning as soon as they approach the sundae. Once they collected 50 churros between all of them, they must be placed in the small sombrero beneath the sundae. Once completed, the sombrero will grow in size, hopping onto the ice cream sundae, awakening Seņor Helado from his slumber, scoop by scoop.

To fight the giant ice cream bandit, players must attack each scoop. Once the bottom scoop has taken a certain amount of damage, it will melt into the arena floor and spawn a few ice cream blobs. Also, after the bottom scoop is destroyed, he cannot perform the Churning Churros attack. After destroying the bottom and middle scoops, the head and arms will be left. He will hop around much faster then before, using his arm as leverage. The fight will be over after the top scoop has been destroyed, leaving only the hat to crumble and the ice cream on the hat to melt away into the floor.

http://i.imgur.com/IKl1UNd.gif

Abilities:

Churning Churros: Helado's bottom ice cream scoop spins like a whirlwind in a wide radius for 5 seconds, knocking back any Trovians caught in the sugary swirl.

Cha-Cha-Cha-Cherry Bombs: Helado goes into a full on dancing fiesta, scattering cherry bombs and dropping ice cream blobs and churro bandits on the ground beneath his sombrero. Cherry bombs will explode upon hitting the ground.

Ice cream blobs will attack players nearby. They are slow but persistent. On rare occasion, the blobs will freeze the player momentarily.

Churro Bandits are quick, but don't have alot of health. They will pour puddles of hot chocolate on the ground to try to slow the player down even more.

Cheating Bites: Helado takes his spoon and scoops some of the ice cream from his nearby minions, healing himself a bit. The healing does more depending on the amount of ice cream blobs nearby.

Tell me what you guys think! I've spent quite a bit of time thinking out the design on this guy and the skills. Still, I'd love to hear some feedback, thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/BXKQx80.gif

FriedSushi
07-22-2015, 06:10 PM
HE SEES YOU!

http://i.imgur.com/2WW06qL.png

ZakT
07-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Haha this is fantastic in a fun quirky sorta way. Definitely more your style, although I love both your submissions :)

Celeress
07-22-2015, 06:12 PM
lol, love it!
Better crush those ice cream blobs to prevent Helado's healing!

FriedSushi
07-22-2015, 06:14 PM
lol, love it!
Better crush those ice cream blobs to prevent Helado's healing!

Yes indeed! I'm sure we all know how annoying those healing towers are... I wanted that sort of idea behind it. Thanks Cel!

Celeress
07-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Yes indeed! I'm sure we all know how annoying those healing towers are... I wanted that sort of idea behind it. Thanks Cel!

I haven't looked through too many of these titan suggestions so I don't know what people are suggesting, but abilities that involve the players having to react especially in order to prevent healing (Which is like, the bane of boss fights) is pretty cool. It keeps people involved and IMO makes fun boss fights so I think taking that idea from the healing towers was pretty smart.

Quick question though, will Helado's healing be based on just the number of ice cream blobs that are currently running rampant, or would it be based on their health? So example; he heals less from a bunch of really damaged blobs vs. a few healthy ones. Then in case people can't completely kill all the blobs, they could at least lessen the amount he heals

Siimon
07-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Very original & fits perfectly in Trove.

+1
Great concept~

FriedSushi
07-23-2015, 09:14 AM
I haven't looked through too many of these titan suggestions so I don't know what people are suggesting, but abilities that involve the players having to react especially in order to prevent healing (Which is like, the bane of boss fights) is pretty cool. It keeps people involved and IMO makes fun boss fights so I think taking that idea from the healing towers was pretty smart.

Quick question though, will Helado's healing be based on just the number of ice cream blobs that are currently running rampant, or would it be based on their health? So example; he heals less from a bunch of really damaged blobs vs. a few healthy ones. Then in case people can't completely kill all the blobs, they could at least lessen the amount he heals

Well to keep it uncomplicated, I would think the number of ice cream blobs would be easier to calculate, but I guess it all depends on the devs really. Perhaps it would just depend on the amount of health that the ice cream blob that Helado scoops up. Not sure yet I suppose, honestly this is the first time I've though about boss skills and how it'd actually function in game.

FriedSushi
07-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Very original & fits perfectly in Trove.

+1
Great concept~

Thank you! I tried to make the figure as simple as I could without going completely simple. I'll try to do some more doodles of what the attacks look like I'm imagining.

FriedSushi
07-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Haha this is fantastic in a fun quirky sorta way. Definitely more your style, although I love both your submissions :)

Yes, I think it is more my style... seems like I'm always trapped in Candoria haha. Thanks!

FriedSushi
07-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Might be doing some sample sketches of the boss attacks today before the entries are over!

http://i.imgur.com/KByMc1l.png

Ellark
07-26-2015, 10:53 PM
Don't beat him, eat him!
Great work, though! plusupport

AlecoX
07-27-2015, 04:58 AM
Hahahah
The ideas Sushi the Ideas!
Make a sushi boss
For treasure isles :3

FriedSushi
07-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Hahahah
The ideas Sushi the Ideas!
Make a sushi boss
For treasure isles :3

Sushi boss? Lmao, that would be hilarious, it's a bit late now though, I'm pretty sure they aren't accepting anymore ideas because it ended on Friday the 24th

1nhum4ntv
07-28-2015, 03:25 PM
As always, it looks great. I like this idea more than the dragon one too.