PDA

View Full Version : Khanlock the Mindflayer

Vredesbyrd
07-22-2015, 12:06 PM
http://s14.postimg.org/rcznwm1c1/khanlock.jpg

"Khanlock! Son of shadows, conqueror of the spirit, ruler in the ever growing darkness! I call to thee! Bestow thy grace upon me, let me be the one to cloud the light into dark!"

- Sephaetun, dark arts sorcerer.

LITTLE BIT OF LORE -

Khanlock is an ancient shadow titan from a different realm, a darker realm not known to most Trovians, where dark and chaos is the dominant ruler. Unfortunately Khanlock has been summoned to realms he could not reach by an evil sorcerer hellbent to achieve power, unlucky for the sorcerer, Khanlock does not take orders from mortals.

Sephaetun is quickly dispatched after he opened the rift between the realms, allowing Khanlock to achieve a vessel that he can take over and unleash chaos upon brave warriors who dare challenge the mighty Khanlock.

WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE? -

Surrounding the portal were piles of bones and old armor from fallen warriors. Khanlock was able to absorb and mold all of this into his armor suited for battle and to terrify. The human body is the host, but with all of this new "aquired" equipment, there isn't much human to look at anymore.

- Khanlock's back has multiple skeleton arms conjoined together to create bigger/longer arms, look like a giant bone spider on his back (8 arms total, 4 each side).

- General colors include black, dark purple, midnight blue, beige, dark gray.

- A dark hood is present where a face cannot be seen only two evil eyes.

- Multiple skulls fill the shoulder pads.

- Chest is made from multiple ribcages meshed together with chainmail.

- The rest of the robe covers the legs.

- A dark shadow follows and envelopes Khanlock.

WHAT ARE HIS ABILITIES? -

General Abilities - Khanlock does not wield a weapon other than the shadows and his bone armor.He has a regular shadow blast that is a PBAOE and he will try to claw players in close range with his back arms.

Mindflay - Khanlock slowly spins around while being raised from the ground, a shadow pool below him develops and pulls warriors in that are in close proximity and then pushes them out. Affected players will have a shadow surrounding them for 3 seconds that damages nearby allies greatly.

Spirit Bomb - Khanlock will start to raise his back spider arms into the air in sequence of 4 seconds (1 second for each pair of arms). Once the last pair of arms reach up he will push the arms forward faced, whatever direction Khanlock is facing when he lifts his last pair of arms he will blast a long range shadow attack where players have to move out of the way or be "1 shot" to 10hp.

Soul Eater - Khanlock will spawn 4 special adds, these adds will focus on a random player, if they are not DPS'd in time, whatever player they have targeted will lose control of his/her character and be transformed into a shadow knight for 5 seconds and attack other players. Players will not be able to attack/hurt the player affected by Soul Eater.

Foreboding Doom (ultimate or alternate skill) - Khanlock will take to the ground and pose as a spider with his back arms. A shadow circles Khanlock and slowly gets bigger with each second pulsing (4 pulses). Players caught in the pulse will become frozen and take damage from each pulse and ceiling debris until the phase is over.

Fight Strategy - Players ultimately will have to pay attention to Khanlock so they don't get stuck in most of his skills which can result in death or a wipe to the whole 'raid'. Mindflay should be able to be dodged at the right time for melee.

Raistmere
07-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Nice job on the boss description. I do like the power it has, yet it has no reason but to be summoned by the sorcerer to the other realm, then quickly destroys him like a pawn xD.

As for the abilities, I love the idea of creating actual mobs that matter. In many dungeons throughout trove, players can simply ignore mobs without any problems (except for you cannon...I hate you so much). In this case, players MUST kill the adds or else they will suffer more problems from the shadow knights. Would be interesting if the only way players can stop the shadow knights is to kill them, hence killing the player himself. This in return causes the party to lose players and eventually lose the RAID do to not working together. The shadows take no prisoners

Nicely done on designing the boss. I would love to fight this one day!

Good Luck Sorcerer!

Vredesbyrd
07-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Nice job on the boss description. I do like the power it has, yet it has no reason but to be summoned by the sorcerer to the other realm, then quickly destroys him like a pawn xD.

As for the abilities, I love the idea of creating actual mobs that matter. In many dungeons throughout trove, players can simply ignore mobs without any problems (except for you cannon...I hate you so much). In this case, players MUST kill the adds or else they will suffer more problems from the shadow knights. Would be interesting if the only way players can stop the shadow knights is to kill them, hence killing the player himself. This in return causes the party to lose players and eventually lose the RAID do to not working together. The shadows take no prisoners

Nicely done on designing the boss. I would love to fight this one day!

Good Luck Sorcerer!

Much thanks, I'd like an idea of mechanics where choice/skill matters a bit against a bigger boss in Trove. The sky is the limit depending on the power of the devs.

Vredesbyrd
07-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Not great with voxel editors, going to try to see if I can create a concept in one. :o

Vredesbyrd
07-23-2015, 04:11 PM
^
/10charizard

Vredesbyrd
07-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Up.

Curious what others think.

Vredesbyrd
07-24-2015, 11:33 PM
uppity
up
up

Vredesbyrd
07-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Like pulling teeth around here to get some feedback :)