PDA

View Full Version : Stinky, The Cheese Giant

Badges
07-21-2015, 01:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WPQYN8n.png

Abilities

Stinky Slash - Basic medium damage attack.
Molten Cheese Breath (Frontal cone) - Channeled, Increased damage with each tick.
Macaroni Minions - Convert blocks touched to cheese blocks, slowing and/or rooting adventurers that step on them.

http://i.imgur.com/T6h5dDy.png

Stinky would have several difficulties, scaling from Brie to Parmesan.

Badges
07-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Added a bit more information post-feedback. Thanks.

Lore:
Stinky comes from the yet to be discovered Cheese Biome.
He decided to leave and make his home in a Shadow Cheese Tower.
Little did he know, adventurers would plunder his tower for loot.

A bit about the abilities:
Skills are all cheese related. If you were to go up against something massive and made out of cheese, it typically would use cheese to cause harm to you.
Stinky's basic attack is simply attacking with his giant hard cheese blade. His frontal cone breath attack would be channeled similar to Dracolytes flamethrower but do increased damage the longer you got hit with it. The breath attack would go hand in hand with the minions passive ability. The minions are going to leave trails of sticky cheese as they move around the room, which will slow adventurers causing them to become a prime target for the molten cheese breath.

How it fits with Trove:
Trove is a fun game that doesn't try to take itself too seriously.
In a game where there are giant candy towers, big grumpy mushroom people, and parrots with cannons, anything is possible.
Stinky the Cheese Giant would fit in quite well with the ridiculousness of this great game.

Who knows, maybe this could pave a path to encourage Trovians to seek out the long lost Cheese Biome for themselves in a future patch.

Badges
07-22-2015, 04:31 AM
Cheesy bump

Badges
07-22-2015, 07:08 AM
Another cheesy bump

Mwoon
07-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Stinky would have several difficulties, scaling from Brie to Parmesan.
Hehehe, I love all of this!

Badges
07-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Hehehe, I love all of this!

Thank you! While it's probably not what Trion is looking for, it was still fun coming up with this peculiar boss.

Badges
07-23-2015, 08:06 AM
Yet another cheesy bump

killerpirate02
07-23-2015, 01:30 PM
lol this is funny, i love this! i want this in the game right now XD

Badges
07-23-2015, 01:32 PM
lol this is funny, i love this! i want this in the game right now XD

Thank you! Honestly, why there still isn't a cheese biome yet is beyond me.
Fondue fishing pole? Yes please!

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/makingfiends/images/b/bc/Landofcheese.png/revision/latest?cb=20100508151603

Siimon
07-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Not a fan of the concept.

Could you explain the skills a bit more please & maybe the purpose it plays in Trove? >.<

Chebberz
07-23-2015, 01:51 PM

Could you explain the skills a bit more please & maybe the purpose it plays in Trove? >.<

Take over the world with cheese minions?

Siimon
07-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Take over the world with cheese minions?

Where did the cheese come from & who made it for what purpose? Is there anything similar to cheese in Trove atm?

Badges
07-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Background information:
Stinky comes from the yet to be discovered Cheese Biome.
He decided to leave and make his home in a Shadow Cheese Tower.
Little did he know, adventurers would plunder his tower for loot.

A bit about the abilities:
Skills are all cheese related. If you were to go up against something massive and made out of cheese, it typically would use it's cheese to cause harm to you.
Stinky's basic attack is simply attacking with his giant hard cheese blade. His frontal cone breath attack would be channeled similar to Dracolytes flamethrower but do increased damage the longer you got hit with it. The breath attack would go hand in hand with the minions passive ability. The minions are going to leave trails of sticky cheese as they move around the room, which will slow/root adventurers causing them to become a prime target for the molten cheese breath.

How it fits with Trove:
In a game where there are giant candy towers, big grumpy mushroom people, and parrots with cannons, anything is possible.
Stinky the Cheese Giant would fit in quite well with the ridiculousness of this great game.

Who knows, maybe this could pave a path to encourage Trovians to seek out the long lost Cheese Biome for themselves in a future patch.

Siimon
07-23-2015, 02:42 PM
lol... first thing that comes to my mind is "What happens if the players decide to cheez the cheese?".

I'll explain myself... With the current skills he has, players could simply use any range class & just jump over it while doing damage until it dies.

P.S. While not being a fan of the concept myself, I think your idea is very creative & unique. ^.^

Badges
07-23-2015, 02:46 PM
lol... first thing that comes to my mind is "What happens if the players decide to cheez the cheese?".

I'll explain myself... With the current skills he has, players could simply use any range class & just jump over it while doing damage until it dies.

P.S. While not being a fan of the concept myself, I think your idea is very creative & unique. ^.^

The minions could also potentially shoot cheese out at range. The floor cheese doesn't have to just slow. it could prevent jumping or root temporarily.
Jumping will always be trivial in any boss fight, hence why you won't generate energy while jumping.

Badges
07-23-2015, 05:42 PM
The feedback is appreciated regardless.

Badges
07-24-2015, 06:18 AM
Bumping again

GogestickCJ
07-24-2015, 06:27 AM
As a titan for the Shadow Tower, it could work I guess.

But as a boss on it's own, especially in a "cheese" biome, I think that it'll be great!

The artwork is nice too!

Edit: Perhaps you could darken his colour scheme a little so that it fits more into a Shadow theme? Like make him moldy... Or made of blue cheese?!?

Badges
07-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Perhaps you could darken his colour scheme a little so that it fits more into a Shadow theme? Like make him moldy... Or made of blue cheese?!?

That's a possibility.
I was trying to avoid the boring/serious dark theme from shadow arenas to be honest.
I imagined Stinky's tower to be brighter, more exciting, and smell of cheese.

GogestickCJ
07-24-2015, 07:05 AM
That's a possibility.
I was trying to avoid the boring/serious dark theme from shadow arenas to be honest.

Yeah... His design as it is now is nice, it'll be hard to modify him without detracting from his original design...
We'll see what the mods think of it though, good luck to you!

Badges
07-24-2015, 07:41 AM
Yeah... His design as it is now is nice, it'll be hard to modify him without detracting from his original design...
We'll see what the mods think of it though, good luck to you!

Thank you!

Badges
07-24-2015, 12:25 PM
bump for more attention :)

Alphaneos
07-24-2015, 12:45 PM
This is a funny idea!

Badges
07-24-2015, 02:25 PM
This is a funny idea!

I'm glad you agree! :)

Alphaneos
07-24-2015, 06:47 PM

Its funny!, but he has a point it doesn't fit any of Troves biome and i can't call it really shady unless the cheese is going over it expiration date!!!

Badges
07-25-2015, 05:01 AM
Its funny!, but he has a point it doesn't fit any of Troves biome and i can't call it really shady unless the cheese is going over it expiration date!!!

From earlier posts. :)

How it fits with Trove:

Badges
07-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Bump for any last minute views

Stoss
07-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Sorry but I find this too gimicky; I can barely tolerate Candoria which is at least varied and colourful, there is simply not enough you can do with cheese, maybe some sort of weird mini-game or something, but yeah, this idea is too childish and.. dare I say, cheesy for me. :P

Badges
07-28-2015, 04:12 PM
but yeah, this idea is too childish and.. dare I say, cheesy for me. :P

While I'm all for criticism, I think you may have forgotten what game you're playing. :)

Stoss
07-28-2015, 04:27 PM
While I'm all for criticism, I think you may have forgotten what game you're playing. :)

I don't think so as I also pointed out another biome that I find cheesy and not to my taste.
This is purely my opinion and I am not devaluing the quality of your idea, it's just my opinion on the concept of a land based solely on cheese :P