PDA

View Full Version : Pemberus, Guardian of the Underworld

Nightsshade
07-20-2015, 07:20 PM
http://orig03.deviantart.net/c6aa/f/2008/201/1/c/skullboy__boss__cerberus_by_metaknightmaregirl.png

Pemberus, Guardian of the Underworld takes a classic giant monster/guardian and puts a trove spin on it.

NAME: Pemberus (or Pemberus, Guardian of the Underworld)

Design:
A Pember Cerberus, 3 unique Pember heads on a giant Pember Body.

The 3 Heads would be highlighted with the color of their respective fires, Red/Green/ and Blue. If possible the lava pools from the breath attack would match the color of the head they originated from.

Active Head: Every 30 seconds(minute - depends on how long fight is meant to last), the dominant head changes, It gets a bonus to damage and attacks faster. There is a shared health pool between the 3 heads, but only the active head can take damage/has a visible health bar. This forces the team to swap what head is focused on regularly but they still have to avoid attacks from all 3 and respond to the environment changes which he causes.

ABILITIES:
Three Headed Bite - Three Headed Bite - The head puls back, then strikes all in front of it for high damage (similar to giants thrust attacks) Each head will process their strike seperately. The bites put a dot on all players it hits and proceeds to heal Pemberus for the next 10 seconds for 1% of its max health per player hit per second. (this is that skill you avoid no matter what =P)

Hot Pepper Breath - Pemberus swallows a spicy habanero, His 3 heads each breathe a cone of fire out, The flames persist at spots leaving pools of lava (Red green and blue lava). Lava from 2 differrent heads that connect will cool leaving blocks in a 3x3 radius. (yes, this will get pretty crazy over time - thats the point )

Pemburst- @75, 50, and 25% Pemberus creates a large burst in a radius around itself (like Pembur's jump) as it jumps towards the most distant trovian (in a set radius) - alternately it could jump right left or forward based on its dominant head. When it lands a second burst explodes out from its new location. These bursts destroy all traces of lava and extra blocks in their radius. After a Pemburst, the Pemberu's heads all gain an enrage increasing damage and attack speed by 10% for the remainder of the fight. These stacks are not removed if pemberus heals.

Special effect and strategy, Pemberus continuously has lava flowing from his body making the terrain more and more difficult to traverse. Pemberus moves slowly but his feet leave pools of lava in their steps. Players must try to get the Breath pools to connect causing a new layer of blocks to stand on. They keep this up until the pemburst which clears the zone but then makes Pemberus stronger making it more difficult to survive his next barrage.

Soft Enrage - This happens when the group fails to understand the fight - the buffs gained from Pemburst at 75/50/25 are permanent, If a group later heals pemberus above those markers with the bite, He will continue to get stronger and will eventually wipe the group.

Loot: Only loot suggestion is a chance for a mount of a scaled down version of the boss.

Just a note

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...r-The-Devourer has very similar ideas and we have borrowed from eachother - take a look at his too and tell him what you think =)

NiHZ
07-20-2015, 11:17 PM
I would pay to see a giant three headed corgi.

Nightsshade
07-21-2015, 02:00 AM
lol the moment i thought of it I thought it'd fit the game perfectly =) That and Pember has some of the more awesome effects of the mounts.

Cretoriani
07-21-2015, 05:58 AM
This sounds pretty neat

Jilu
07-21-2015, 08:14 AM
I do not like the idea of mixing the heads, instead it should be the same head three times but based on what realm it spawned in plus fitting body.
Especially because an undead part on an otherwise living creature is gross. Would not ride such as mount.

Other than this the cerberus is a brilliant idea!

Nightsshade
07-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Yeah was considering that too just wasnt sure if the same head might be boring... maybe 3 Pember variants? Same base with slight differences (Personalities)

Hexer
07-21-2015, 11:29 AM
maybe it can be 3 pember heads with 1 being the normal red pember, 1 being a blue color for the soul fire, and one being green for balefire...i think that could be a god idea

Nightsshade
07-21-2015, 10:28 PM
ooh i like that - editing the OT now =)

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 09:03 AM
added active head system

Kioya
07-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Very nice, Bump

Alphaneos
07-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Cerberus always a popular classic!
i do like the combination with pemberr
to bad its attacks are a bit like just standard damage not really anythig special there!

Please check out my ideas for titans to:
Mimickus The Everchangeling (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?33922-Mimickus-The-Everchangeling)
Kerbenrir The Devourer (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?32919-Kerbenrir-The-Devourer)
Cubeques The Square (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?33621-Cubeques-The-Square)
Grud the Walking Frotress (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?34075-Grud-the-Walking-Frotress)
Colossuz The Painweaver (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?32889-Colossuz-The-Painweaver)
Neon Terror (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?32964-Neon-Terror)
Teht The Black Widower (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?32891-Teht-The-Black-Widower)
The Wormholer (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?33626-The-Wormholer&p=218769#post218769)

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 01:27 PM
1000 words added - ok just a picture but theyre supposed to say 10000 words right?

@Alpha, i'll look at the attacks and some other ideas... I want to make skills that make sense to implement...

I figured the Bursts from the jump would take timing to dodge, Also the newer idea ofd the breath attacks being combined to create blochs which then help the players stay above the growing amounts of lava seemed unique. The Bite was meant to be its basic special - so really didnt want to do much there -- its the move that gets the lazy players who dont dodge it.

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 01:28 PM
I'm going to try to design it in my personal club tonight so there is an actual picture of what it would look like in game...

Alphaneos
07-22-2015, 01:38 PM
1000 words added - ok just a picture but theyre supposed to say 10000 words right?

@Alpha, i'll look at the attacks and some other ideas... I want to make skills that make sense to implement...

I figured the Bursts from the jump would take timing to dodge, Also the newer idea ofd the breath attacks being combined to create blochs which then help the players stay above the growing amounts of lava seemed unique. The Bite was meant to be its basic special - so really didnt want to do much there -- its the move that gets the lazy players who dont dodge it.

I myself always get carried away making the attacks to unique and most of mine will probably never hapen as i invisioned in game but i think my swallowing people and killing it one head at the time idea for my version of Cerberus would go nicely with yours, and it would not be that hard to implement i think!

so what i actually whanted to say is feel free to take insperation from my ideas!
i did add some ideas to mine inspired by your to i hope you dont mind

Kerbenrir The Devourer (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?32919-Kerbenrir-The-Devourer)

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 01:40 PM
I just adjusted the skills so it is more involved. As far as the swallow - love it and I will be adding that to my pemberus's acive head bite =)

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 03:03 PM
I myself always get carried away making the attacks to unique and most of mine will probably never hapen as i invisioned in game but i think my swallowing people and killing it one head at the time idea for my version of Cerberus would go nicely with yours, and it would not be that hard to implement i think!

so what i actually whanted to say is feel free to take insperation from my ideas!
i did add some ideas to mine inspired by your to i hope you dont mind

NP looked at yours and stole a variant of a skill too =P

Alphaneos
07-22-2015, 03:25 PM
in my family they have a saying "beter good gejat!, dan slecht verzonnen!!" which is in Dutch!
Translated in English it mean something like this "better awesomely ripped off!, than badly made up!".

So i can hardly blame you for adding a good idea to your titan!!!
and it pays off i really like this revised edition!!!

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 03:34 PM
in my family they have a saying "beter good gejat!, dan slecht verzonnen!!" which is in Dutch!
Translated in English it mean something like this "better awesomely ripped off!, than badly made up!".

So i can hardly blame you for adding a good idea to your titan!!!
and it pays off i really like this revised edition!!!

Love the quote - and pretty much describes world of warcraft which became the biggest selling mo ever... so I can agree =)

Alphaneos
07-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Love the quote - and pretty much describes world of warcraft which became the biggest selling mo ever... so I can agree =)

The only thing you will have to be carefull with are all those copyright alerts going off!!!
lol

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Luckily im pretty sure any anciet greek copyrights on cerberus have expired =P

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Just a note

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?32919-Kerbenrir-The-Devourer has very similar ideas and we have borrowed from eachother - take a look at his too and tell him what you think =)

Alphaneos
07-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the referal!

Nightsshade
07-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Anytime, ty as well, i like both ideas - We probably dont stand a chance to the pinata lol but i feel like these are some of the more trovelike ideas here =)

Alphaneos
07-24-2015, 07:29 AM
i agree!, i think ours might stand a chance there are many versions of cerberus on the forum, our versions of it are just the best 2.
but i think only one of our ideas is going to get picked because they are so similar, or maybe they are going to mix our ideas taking the best stuff from both!
like Pemberus the Devourer of Souls and then take my Devour soul ability and your attacks and then each head a separate health bars :)

Mockrin
07-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Loving the idea.
Maybe if it died there was like a 0.001 chance he could drop a mount identical to the boss, but smaller of course.

Alphaneos
07-24-2015, 06:35 PM
Loving the idea.
Maybe if it died there was like a 0.001 chance he could drop a mount identical to the boss, but smaller of course.

yeah that would be awesome!, and maybe it can also have a slightly bigger chance to drom difrent pembers based on its difrent heads with difrent colored fire effects! ;)

Nightsshade
07-24-2015, 07:54 PM
ooh id love that 3 mounts and then a 4th rare or 4th craftable from the 1st 3 (so completionists would need 2 of each base)

Alphaneos
07-28-2015, 12:15 AM
Yeah that would be verry cool!

BiteMe
07-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Loving the idea.

yeah that would be awesome!, and maybe it can also have a slightly bigger chance to drom difrent pembers based on its difrent heads with difrent colored fire effects! ;)

ooh id love that 3 mounts and then a 4th rare or 4th craftable from the 1st 3 (so completionists would need 2 of each base)

This one is really simalar to that of Alphaneos, I really hope one of them makes it in the game and if it does i would really like to see those mounts as drops to!

Nightsshade
07-30-2015, 01:47 PM
yeah we each had our ideas for it and fed off eachother - different directions but same general concept

Alphaneos
07-31-2015, 10:54 AM
This one is really simalar to that of Alphaneos, I really hope one of them makes it in the game and if it does i would really like to see those mounts as drops to!
Yeah what Nightshade said!!!

yeah we each had our ideas for it and fed off eachother - different directions but same general concept
It started out with the same concept Cerberus and gave each other ideas for improvements!
and now they are pretty similar but dont get me wrong it are still completely different ideas ability wise!

BiteMe
07-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Yeah what Nightshade said!!!

It started out with the same concept Cerberus and gave each other ideas for improvements!
and now they are pretty similar but dont get me wrong it are still completely different ideas ability wise!

yeah i have seen that and i think the ability's from alphaneos are better only the 3rd ability could use some work! i just think Nightshades ability's make the battle field just to chaotic!
i do like the each head a diffrent color thing and then the sugestion from Alphaneos 3 difrent pembers as loot that you could craft into a 3 headed pember!