PDA

View Full Version : [Shadow Titan] Shade Hydrakken

FriedSushi
07-20-2015, 05:52 PM
= Shade Hydrakken aka Shadow Hydra =

http://i.imgur.com/mM8uo1B.png

http://i.imgur.com/f0L3MRh.gif

===========================================

You can vote for my Shadow Hydra and the other Shadow Titan finalists here!

http://surveys.surveyanalytics.com/a/TakeSurvey?id=3191435

Trionworlds Created Backstory: Although the Three Rulers of the Oceans claim dominion over all that is maritime, legends speak of a fourth ruler, patiently observing from the darkest depths. The existence of the Shadow Hydra lends credence to the existence of this mysterious Fourth, for no other Ruler of the Sea claims the multi-headed monstrosity as one of their own.

This idea exploded from my brain as I was thinking of ideas for shadow titans. I actually made the mount posted above (it's based on the raptor mount) and was going to post it soon for people to try out. But then, I thought, what if you could get the mount by killing a GIANT HYDRA beast. I'm going to make an actual model soon, but I wanted to throw this idea up there before I forgot to.

The beast would have 8 heads (equivilent to the amount of people in a shadow arena party) that would be attached to a singular body. The body could move around, but of course, it would be heavy and a little slow. All the heads would be facing different directions, so there was no place to hide from the damage. At the center of the body would be a giant green crystal that powers the beast.

EDIT: Thinking of placing crystals in each of the heads mouths, or somewhere on the heads so each head has a different ability.

Abilities:

Void Crystal: The hydrakken's gem absorbs all light in the tower, exploding it out in a powerful burst, blinding all Trovians for 5 seconds.

Corrupting Black Flames: All the hydrakken's heads charge up for a few seconds, turning the diamond purple. Black fire balls are then sent, all at once, to all corners of the room. If a Trovian is hit, the explosion upon impact poisons anyone nearby.

[Passive] Detach: When one head has taken a certain amount of damage, the head pops off and turns into a vile serpent, chasing down the player to last damage the head. The serpents possess their own individual colors, signifying certain abilites (random boss abilites, bees, knockback, healing towers, etc.)

Potential drops for defeating it could be massive amounts of tentacles, eyes, the normal stuff, but there's a rare chance of getting a Hydrakken seed. You would plant it, like any other plant, but it would take a full 24 hours to grow. Once it's fully grown, you can harvest it and get a Hydrakken Wyrm. You can use it to get the Hydrakken Wyrm ally. Similiar to the dragons, it takes four of the wyrms to grow into a Shade Hydrakkenlyte, the mount version that I have posted here:

http://i.imgur.com/YNMP2gA.png

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?36098-Mount-Shade-Hydrakkenlyte

============================================

Let me know what you guys think and about the skills. I'm still a bit undecided on the skills, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

BlueSparrow
07-20-2015, 05:54 PM
FiredSushi i love all your mods. It look's all so well designed and so good. Keep up the good work, this mounts look soo BSHASS awsomee

FriedSushi
07-20-2015, 06:00 PM
FiredSushi i love all your mods. It look's all so well designed and so good. Keep up the good work, this mounts look soo BSHASS awsomee

Thank you! I'm excited to make a model for it just to show you guys what I had in mind. might take me a bit though.

BlueSparrow
07-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Thank you! I'm excited to make a model for it just to show you guys what I had in mind. might take me a bit though.

Take your time, your mods are well worth it :D

FriedSushi
07-20-2015, 08:54 PM

Here's the progress so far! Still working on it but hopefully this gives you guys a better idea of what I was thinking.

GQuake
07-20-2015, 09:00 PM
I would honestly LOVE for this to be added ingame, even if this doesnt make it as the titan, Trion make it as maybe a different final boss for the shadow arenas? as this would have a 10% chance of spawning instead of that colossus? This would be the best titan honestly, and would add a bit more of a challenge, even to radiant players, as What im seeing at the moment, most players with radiants have no trouble in uber 6, at least thats what ive collected so far, correct me if i'm wrong, to put things short: TRION ADD THIS!!!!

Monkeyman
07-20-2015, 10:50 PM
This looks awesome :D, but maybe add some wings? For cosmetic purposes.

IllusI0nIst
07-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Nice Hydra Shdow Thing :D

Moose__
07-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Games over, sushi wins.

99attack
07-20-2015, 11:39 PM
You have all the support from me. Hydra's are one of my favorite mythological creatures, and to be able to fight one in trove would be flat out amazing.

FriedSushi
07-21-2015, 08:26 AM
This looks awesome :D, but maybe add some wings? For cosmetic purposes.

That's possible! Since the mount I made has the fin bits I should add some implications that it has wings. The model I made in Qubicle wasn't quite done last night, so I'll work on it more today and finish it up! Thanks for the suggestions :D

TheUnknown
07-21-2015, 09:29 AM
This looks so well designed. I love your mods sushi.

MatthewRT2
07-21-2015, 09:46 AM
While I love the idea it isn't a hydra it's an exceedra my fav type of mythical beast.

If this gets accepted I hope they make it where heads start to fall off as you damage it

Hexer
07-21-2015, 11:35 AM
i saw this thread through "ohh a hydra would be nice" ...then i clicked the forum....and i was BLOWN away, that model you posted (even though it wouldn't be solid like that in game due to rigging joints most likely) looks PHENOMENAL and like some others said i feel like wind would give it some extra oomph to it maybe even a tail but overall you sure do have my vote if you get put in the polls

ZakT
07-21-2015, 11:41 AM
I absolutely love the detach idea, with them turning into serpents. The poison explosion is awesome too. Not to sure about how I feel about being blinded on my screen, but thats just me. I am so jealous of your modeling skills. I would love a model of my submission haha! Take a gander at mine and give your feedback as well?

+1 Sushi -- Great work!!

FriedSushi
07-21-2015, 01:02 PM
I absolutely love the detach idea, with them turning into serpents. The poison explosion is awesome too. Not to sure about how I feel about being blinded on my screen, but thats just me. I am so jealous of your modeling skills. I would love a model of my submission haha! Take a gander at mine and give your feedback as well?

+1 Sushi -- Great work!!

The blindness was sort of iffy on my end too, but I wanted the crystal to have some use to it other then just being a decorative thing. I figured a shadow beast should have a crystal that sucks in all light, right? Perhaps I'll rethink it somehow, but I think I'm pretty happy with the other skills. Thank you for the advice!

ZakT
07-21-2015, 01:47 PM
The blindness was sort of iffy on my end too, but I wanted the crystal to have some use to it other then just being a decorative thing. I figured a shadow beast should have a crystal that sucks in all light, right? Perhaps I'll rethink it somehow, but I think I'm pretty happy with the other skills. Thank you for the advice!

Maybe the crystal could cause an AOE petrify effect similar to a medusa? Then the little heads when they break off, some of them could learn the petrify ability and petrify single players?

Just an idea! Looking forward to see what you come up with!

FriedSushi
07-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Maybe the crystal could cause an AOE petrify effect similar to a medusa? Then the little heads when they break off, some of them could learn the petrify ability and petrify single players?

Just an idea! Looking forward to see what you come up with!

That's not a bad concept! Yea, maybe that would work too.

Zoe
07-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Ooo I like it :3 very cool

FriedSushi
07-21-2015, 06:13 PM
i saw this thread through "ohh a hydra would be nice" ...then i clicked the forum....and i was BLOWN away, that model you posted (even though it wouldn't be solid like that in game due to rigging joints most likely) looks PHENOMENAL and like some others said i feel like wind would give it some extra oomph to it maybe even a tail but overall you sure do have my vote if you get put in the polls

Yes! I believe I'll be adding another head for the tail as well. Not sure entirely where I'm going to plop the fins on it somewhere.

FriedSushi
07-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Ooo I like it :3 very cool

Thank you so much! I had fun making the model. I'm probably going to do a bit of art for it soon too just to illustrate some things :)

Phiase
07-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Sounds awesome! Love the model.

FriedSushi
07-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Sounds awesome! Love the model.

Thanks! Model took me a while. Unfortunately... I lost it in a tragic saving accident, so I'll probably get around to making some art for it soon.

FriedSushi
07-23-2015, 02:54 PM
You have all the support from me. Hydra's are one of my favorite mythological creatures, and to be able to fight one in trove would be flat out amazing.

Thank you! I was hoping it was Hydra enough, I didn't use alot of references.

FriedSushi
07-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Nice Hydra Shdow Thing :D

Thank you! I had fun making it :D

Glokar
07-24-2015, 01:40 PM
love the emerald in on the chest!

Laubl
07-24-2015, 01:40 PM
i want to fight this thing. RIGHT NOW!!! :D

its epic :O

FriedSushi
07-24-2015, 05:52 PM
i want to fight this thing. RIGHT NOW!!! :D

its epic :O

Haha thank you!I think fighting a Hydra brings back memories of like Hercules and all that jazz.

ArcitcCJhiller
07-24-2015, 08:43 PM
Lemme tell ya, this is awesome. I would absolutely love to slay a few of these someday maybe. Out of curiosity though, what program did you use to construct him?

FriedSushi
07-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Lemme tell ya, this is awesome. I would absolutely love to slay a few of these someday maybe. Out of curiosity though, what program did you use to construct him?

I use Qubicle 1.6! It was kindly given to me by a fellow modder friend of mine. I definitely recommend it!

Jboundfly
07-25-2015, 02:29 AM
Sushi wins end of storyy lol

ZevalhuaBWZ
07-25-2015, 03:45 AM
Question,where do you get your BF Profile Pictures and Signature GIFs? I would like to use them (BF as in Brave Frontier)

Also, to @FriedSushi HYDRA BOSSFIGHT. YASSS

Sushi wins end of storyy lol
Truth

FriedSushi
07-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Question,where do you get your BF Profile Pictures and Signature GIFs? I would like to use them (BF as in Brave Frontier)

Also, to @FriedSushi HYDRA BOSSFIGHT. YASSS

Truth

I'm excited for the voting that should be coming up soon! Hope to see some of the awesome ideas peeps have been coming up with.

ZevalhuaBWZ
07-25-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm excited for the voting that should be coming up soon! Hope to see some of the awesome ideas peeps have been coming up with.
Do each head breath a unique flame? Also, I'm getting house of the dead 2 vibes from the heads detaching part. A boss in that game does that. It also has multiple heads.It's also a snake hydra. IS THAT WHERE YOU GOT THE IDEA?

FriedSushi
07-25-2015, 02:10 PM
Do each head breath a unique flame? Also, I'm getting house of the dead 2 vibes from the heads detaching part. A boss in that game does that. It also has multiple heads.It's also a snake hydra. IS THAT WHERE YOU GOT THE IDEA?

I actually have no idea what you're talking about, never played the game XD. And in my mind, I imagined they would breathe whatever flame matched their tongue color, so it would be sort of... rainbow colored HAHA.

ZevalhuaBWZ
07-26-2015, 05:28 AM
I actually have no idea what you're talking about, never played the game XD. And in my mind, I imagined they would breathe whatever flame matched their tongue color, so it would be sort of... rainbow colored HAHA.
There's actually a boss in that game,where in a stage,you fight it's heads as one giant hydra-snake,then when you lower it's health low enough,they seperate into different head/snakes, just like your hydrakkelyte! :D

Read this page to find out what I'm talking about: http://houseofthedead.wikia.com/wiki/Tower

FriedSushi
07-27-2015, 08:32 PM
There's actually a boss in that game,where in a stage,you fight it's heads as one giant hydra-snake,then when you lower it's health low enough,they seperate into different head/snakes, just like your hydrakkelyte! :D

Read this page to find out what I'm talking about: http://houseofthedead.wikia.com/wiki/Tower

Very interesting! I can see where you might have gotten the idea how I might have thought of the Hydra. That thing's pretty cool!

Shiro_kun
07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Looks dope, keep up the good work. :)

Cooktah
07-28-2015, 04:52 PM
This is great, i love it, definitely should be added! Nice Job Sushi!

Nezo
07-29-2015, 07:29 AM
I want this more than I have wanted anything in the game, the boss and the mount both.

Slinslope
07-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Nice! Hope it's implemented into the game. :)

Rolexboy
07-31-2015, 11:05 AM
Very nice idea, voted! :)

Skyspanner
07-31-2015, 11:15 AM
This is a really good idea and it seems very well thought out, I could see it fitting into Trove quite nicely. i hope it gets put into the game :D

EDIT: You have my 'vote'

guy1345
07-31-2015, 11:47 AM
best dungen

Jad9
07-31-2015, 12:08 PM
You got my vote, I originally made another thread trying to find out where to vote for you, apparently I just had to do it here lol. You should read this @FriedSushi http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?41059-VOTES!-Where-do-we-put-them&p=265030#post265030

Bim
07-31-2015, 12:09 PM
You have my vote too.

Other bosses are way too common. Yours is the most original (even if the hydra is not original) ^___^b

Good luck, I'm with you!

judsonmcmahon
07-31-2015, 12:26 PM
I love the hydra and as soon as i saw this i wanted to battle it. You have my vote

FriedSushi
07-31-2015, 01:14 PM
WOW Thank you all for the support, this is a great honor to have been put in the final four. I'm going to be updating the thread a little today, and add some art as I get it done! (because I was working on it then I took a break)

Again BIG thank you to everybody!

Siimon
07-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Grats FriedSushi

Woofbottoms
07-31-2015, 02:04 PM
I voted for yours friedsushi!

FriedSushi
07-31-2015, 02:23 PM
I voted for yours friedsushi!

Thanks alot my friend! It's greatly appreciated! <3

FriedSushi
07-31-2015, 02:30 PM
Little bit of art for you guys!
It's nothing fancy, just did a bit of gradient tool and cropping to make this. I have one I'm digitally painting that will probably take me longer, but there ya go!

http://i.imgur.com/mM8uo1B.png

phoenixburn
07-31-2015, 03:18 PM
I would be very happy to see this in th game. I had a similar idea but did't put so much work in it as you. Good luck.

Aiden Corvas
07-31-2015, 04:06 PM
Very nice..

ProAlphaGamer
07-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Sushi, that is very creative, this going to be a fun boss to fight! Also good luck! Hope you win sushi, by the way votes for you :D

Faraoh
08-01-2015, 04:30 AM
I think your entry deserves to win the most. I voted for yours, hope you win!

Keigo
08-01-2015, 05:38 AM
Imma have to Disagree and say the the strongest emotion is Love, not to sound cheesy or nothing, Love would make a lot more sense. Because people over come fear allll the time, so there is no way it's the strongest kind of emotion, But Love? True Love for something or Someone...it conquers ALL!

Keigo
08-01-2015, 05:42 AM
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Imma have to Disagree and say the the strongest emotion is Love, not to sound cheesy or nothing, Love would make a lot more sense. Because people over come fear allll the time, so there is no way it's the strongest kind of emotion, But Love? True Love for something or Someone...it conquers ALL!

Keigo
08-01-2015, 05:49 AM
I Believe That this Shadow hydra and/or the Bubblegum Titan would make this game soooo much better, one of those 2 derserve to win

FriedSushi
08-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I Believe That this Shadow hydra and/or the Bubblegum Titan would make this game soooo much better, one of those 2 derserve to win

I'd love to see any of them in game honestly! The Shadow Tower idea is a great one, it'll be a nice change from the normal shadow arenas

TheNamesTim
08-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Give this thing some wings and a tail. :D

Trex1403
08-01-2015, 06:44 PM
cool i like the idea and the look of it

PolloSempai
08-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Omfg this is the mother**** best boss

Diamond_Dueler
08-02-2015, 12:32 PM

Thanks for derailing the thread!

ERROR 404: TOPIC NOT FOUND

Not gonna go further

Artorius
08-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Looks like a fun boss to fight against, fits the theme too :D

Just some ideas:
-Moar lasers
-An melee attack like a poisonous bite or tongue lash
-Summoning a tidal wave
-Getting more aggressive the less heads he has (mov. spd, atk. spd, abilities cd, etc)
-Poison breath
-Sprouting tentacles or snakes from the ground
-Flooding the environment with damaging water after a certain point and only have some areas to stand on

Alphaneos
08-02-2015, 01:25 PM
My favorite is the The Corrupted Selenine (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?35161-Shadow-Titan-Concept-oaths-to-the-Queen) because its lore fits best in the next big update of trove!
this is not a bad titan idea but its still my least favorite i doubt it can give me the fight i would expect from a hydra especially if they keep themselves on FriedSushi idea for it(no offence intended).
that crystal thing is nice but it doesn't particularly fit the hydra concept in my opinion

DavidTMZ
08-03-2015, 05:15 PM
ommmg the mount *_* amazing fried

FriedSushi
08-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Looks like a fun boss to fight against, fits the theme too :D

Just some ideas:
-Moar lasers
-An melee attack like a poisonous bite or tongue lash
-Summoning a tidal wave
-Getting more aggressive the less heads he has (mov. spd, atk. spd, abilities cd, etc)
-Poison breath
-Sprouting tentacles or snakes from the ground
-Flooding the environment with damaging water after a certain point and only have some areas to stand on

All of these great ideas! Since it has a water based element, I think a tidal wave would make alot of sense. I don't know about the lasers xD It would be funny at least! Perhaps making the floor turn inot a sea of regret for a period of time and only allowing a few tiny places to escape it.

General_Lenny_Face
08-04-2015, 09:40 PM
I love this titan concept it is more complete than most other entries,well designed, skills are well thought out I just thought that the detatch skill could be replaced by a skill were if players were to decapitate a head the hydra would be temporarily stunned but when it relieved from the stun the missing head would regrow into 2 heads I though I would just put that out there but excellent Idea keep up the good work

MonsterBoys
08-05-2015, 09:27 PM
One day to go best of luck to you, and we should all do a shadow run together to fight the winners boss

FriedSushi
08-06-2015, 10:19 AM
One day to go best of luck to you, and we should all do a shadow run together to fight the winners boss

That would be pretty cool actually, I'd be up for it! :D

MonsterBoys
08-06-2015, 02:32 PM
That would be pretty cool actually, I'd be up for it! :D

Well Add me in game and we can sort it out when the update come. I have the keys so I will open

Drionid
08-06-2015, 04:44 PM
Best of luck Fried! May the best boss win ^^ ! And I like MonsterBoys idea too ^^ We could kick the winners as* together hahaha!!!

FriedSushi
08-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Best of luck Fried! May the best boss win ^^ ! And I like MonsterBoys idea too ^^ We could kick the winners as* together hahaha!!!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing ANY of them in honestly. My name is the same as it is on the forums, so you can add me if I'm not online and I'll try to add ya :)

Lava
08-07-2015, 09:52 AM
I voted for this because I LOVE hydra-like creatures. I hope this goes in game to fight it, as out of all the finalists, this is the one boss that sounds the most fun to play.

To all the haters saying: "ooh contest was rigged devs pick 1 of fav modders. i cant belive this." Jealous people are jealous. qq4u now please, don't hate so much. Did YOU put time into making several mods? I'm sure some did, but all? Nada.

/rant end

Paratrepic
08-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Congratulations for being the winner of the boss contest!!

MonsterBoys
08-07-2015, 01:57 PM
congratulations

Artorius
08-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Congrats on winning the contest :D

drakkk
08-07-2015, 04:29 PM
i was thinking of something like this but you did it 50 times better! this looks lie it would be fun to team fight

Kaneisvan
08-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Congrats !

I'll be looking forward for serpent , especially it's two headed mount <3

roice
08-07-2015, 04:47 PM
wonder if the mount got in too

Leucien
08-07-2015, 09:29 PM
While the Molten Terrasque was my top pick, i'm glad this got the slot, Fried. Just one question, though; Any chance you can get on designing weapons revolving around it, as a sort of 'Shadow Titan Style Surprise' drop?

99attack
08-07-2015, 09:53 PM
The fact that this won made me friggin happy.

Neft
08-07-2015, 11:50 PM

this as a boss?

http://i.imgur.com/Kzv6did.gif

Freejack
08-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Congratz!! I look forward to slaying your beast. Sounds like quite the challenge.:cool:

Stinger
08-08-2015, 03:38 AM
Congrats Sushi!!

Rolexboy
08-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Congratulations man! Can't wait to kill this boss! :3

Drionid
08-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Congratz on the win!

FriedSushi
08-08-2015, 01:03 PM
While the Molten Terrasque was my top pick, i'm glad this got the slot, Fried. Just one question, though; Any chance you can get on designing weapons revolving around it, as a sort of 'Shadow Titan Style Surprise' drop?

Actually, that's a cool idea! I'll have to see what the devs have planned and see if they'd be willing to take a set of themed items or not! Thank you for the awesome idea!

PiggedyFumperBumper
08-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Would this replace the Shadow Giant thing that spawns ever 15 minutes or so?

Maxxist
08-08-2015, 04:43 PM
As someone who loves mythology, you had my vote, and I'm happy to see that you won.

Leucien
08-09-2015, 05:12 AM
Would this replace the Shadow Giant thing that spawns ever 15 minutes or so?

No, this is for the Shadow Tower; a four boss raid of sorts.

Leucien
08-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Actually, that's a cool idea! I'll have to see what the devs have planned and see if they'd be willing to take a set of themed items or not! Thank you for the awesome idea!

I hope they do, 'cus you work some serious magic with the creative half of it. Another suggestion'; You offered an idea for a mount related to it, why not suggest a mount based off of each Shadow Titan they create, with a second, more badass form((Example would be three heads, instead of two for this mount you worked on)) coming from crafting the base mount, and upgrading it through a rare drop from either that boss, or the final boss?

PiggedyFumperBumper
08-09-2015, 07:14 AM
DAYUM!
That's what the clubbies were talking about when they said shadow tower ._.

C_tAP
08-09-2015, 07:57 PM
It looks great, no surprise in it winning.
I have to say it resembles Orochimaru from Okami

D0vah901
08-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Look forward to facing this, fits in well in the game

bidonna
08-12-2015, 05:06 AM
ok that's what i call a mount

TheCyanAndroid
08-13-2015, 07:08 AM
I am so GODAMN happy this is a thing.

BornThisWay
08-13-2015, 07:47 AM