PDA

View Full Version : Terrifying Tyrannical Titan Pinata Strikes Back!

ZakT
07-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Pinata's have always been our Go-To Whack-a-mole in Trove and brought us so much JOY and PHAT LEWTS!

Now it's time for the Pinata's to take revenge and play Whack-A-Trovian!

NAME: Tyrannical Titan Pinata

DESIGN: Shadow Pinata covered in Q'bthulu eyes and some tentacles hanging down near its lower body. Same shape as the Pinata's we know and love but Deadly and Dastardly! Green glowing eyes of Q'bthulu and spikes on the bottoms of it's feet.

ABILITIES:
Shadow Grip - The Pinata throws out Q'bthulu tentacles in all directions capturing trovians (number to be determined) in a death grip draining life per second and immobilizing trovians from using abilities. It is the job of the other trovians to attack the tentacles and break out their fellow trovians.

Spike Stomp - The Pinata rears up on his hind legs and slams down on trovians with his spike filled hooves. Damaging players directly that he lands on and doing smaller AOE damage to surrounding players.

Pinata Party - The Titan Pinata lets out a large pinata-like cackle and throws miniature clones of himself out that have all the same abilities as himself but require less players to A. Break players out of their smaller tentacle death grips. The smaller pinatas also do the spike stomp so dealing with the adds is crucial to survival.

Loot: Very RARE drop chance for the entire Party defeating him to drop a Pinata of Q'bthulu Mount.
(Looks like the small versions that the giant pinata summons)
Rare Drops - Quad Forged Souls - Pentaforged Souls (Maximum of One a week per person)
Uncommon Drops - Shadow Keys - Shadow Caches - Shadow Level 3's
Common Drops Include - Eyes - Tentacles - Shadow Shards

PINATA for scale - much less summery and happy looking than this one :P
http://imgur.com/a/malXw

FAN ART!
Psypo - http://imgur.com/U2H4pil
Baracade - http://imgur.com/hypzZ7t
PinkyWonky - http://imgur.com/HKMMb0E
BlockOnDis - http://imgur.com/ubMBWq0
CheeseburgerSam - http://i.imgur.com/khSuz2J.jpg
Skilobyte - http://www.trovesaurus.com/link.php?id=339

Ivan2hip130
07-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Wow, very creative idea!

BlazenTorch
07-20-2015, 04:30 PM
I like this idea! And maybe for its reward, it has a rare chance of dropping the shadow pin mount :p

Moose__
07-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Very creative :D I love the first ability. reminds me of kromog and kormrok from wow

ZakT
07-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks :) I thought it wasnt to complex for trove but added some complexity to the fights and Pinatas are a staple of Trove, so it had to get its revenge. :) I think it should as a rare drop, drop a Pinata of Q'bthulu Mount. Shadow pinatas should be separate. :)

Jacket
07-20-2015, 04:52 PM
I love this idea the most B^)

Laharl
07-20-2015, 04:56 PM
YAY glad you went with this Zakt it looks awesome and I really want this to happen.

Old Nerd Reviews
07-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Sound cool!

ZakT
07-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks you guys :) #PinataKickingOurButtsHype

Nissalee
07-20-2015, 05:21 PM
I think I love this. It's the ultimate revenge for all the pinatas we've destroyed since the beginning.

Aviarei
07-20-2015, 05:24 PM
A giant pinata titan? Count me in!

http://i.imgur.com/lZAGHes.png

ZakT
07-20-2015, 05:26 PM
A giant pinata titan? Count me in!

http://i.imgur.com/lZAGHes.png

hahahaha just make it a shadow pinata and you've got the exact idea! :)

Ds7s
07-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Since that is my pinata used in the screen shots I think I have to be all for this idea :D

ZakT
07-21-2015, 08:29 AM
Since that is my pinata used in the screen shots I think I have to be all for this idea :D

It is indeed mandatory, plus we all know how much you like smashing pinatas :)

Siimon
07-21-2015, 09:20 AM
I would love to see a shadow Pitan~a! Great concept...

I like how the first ability requires teamwork & also it's last skill making a boss fight turn into a party! >.<

+1

Sainguin
07-21-2015, 09:43 AM
I really like this idea. Like I've seen said above, this is like the revenge of the pinatas. All their slain brethren coming together to fuel this beast of destruction!

gamergold
07-21-2015, 10:08 AM
love it! very creative and genius

ZakT
07-21-2015, 11:21 AM
SMALL CONTEST
Paying
10k flux
5k flux
1k flux
respectively for the top 3 representations in some art form of my description of this titan boss!
I'm not artistic just creative and would love to have visual representation of my creation!
Thanks in advance!
Please Private Message me your submissions and I will post my favorite 3 (if I get 3) Easy flux for those with artistic talent!

ZakT
07-21-2015, 01:49 PM
Added the contest to the front page and made some edits as ideas flow.

Social_Penguin
07-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Sounds great extremely artistic would be cool to see a visual.

ZakT
07-21-2015, 03:30 PM
I agree! If only someone would participate in my contest haha!

ZakT
07-21-2015, 09:16 PM
No artists in the whole trove community? pssh thats hard to believe! Bring out your pencils/mice/paintbrushes/pens! I need you!

timeh
07-21-2015, 10:10 PM
1145Heres some art

ZakT
07-21-2015, 10:14 PM
1145Heres some art

thats not a pinata :P

Fonzy420
07-22-2015, 03:53 AM
Great... more bosses forcing you to use a party -.- why cant people keep in mind there are ALSO people that like to solo stuff... So that whole first ability is a B*tch in my eyes.

Cant you make ability 1 have a counter part for when a person is Alone.

ZakT
07-22-2015, 08:28 AM
These titan bosses are not meant to be solo'd. This is end game team content that Trion is looking for ideas for. Otherwise, yes I'd have a counter to it, if Trion says they are suppose to be solo'able, then I can alter it. From my understanding though, this is team content.

Reborn_Twilight
07-22-2015, 08:34 AM
Can we add this in the game now?? gahh I need to see this

ZakT
07-22-2015, 09:25 AM
Can we add this in the game now?? gahh I need to see this

Thanks! This seems to be the general consensus so far hehe. I'm happy people are excited about it. I hope it gets some dev love soon! <3

Halindrix
07-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Look, i don't see the point in this, there is nothing scary or fearsome about a pinata, not even a shadow one. The abilities are very difficult to implement and the grip attack is much too powerful.
I don't mean to sound like i am bashing this but i don't find the idea of fighting a giant paper mache donkey frightening, there's no good way to pull it off.

Fonzy420
07-22-2015, 10:03 AM
can you link me to where it says this isnt supposed to be Solo'able content? cause EVERYTHING else in the game is... As that is one of the things I like about this MMO... its one of the few that DOESNT force you in a group to complete everything :/

TheMasterPlays
07-22-2015, 10:18 AM
I like that idea, and what blazentorch said a rare drop would be awesome. Good job!

ZakT
07-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Look, i don't see the point in this, there is nothing scary or fearsome about a pinata, not even a shadow one. The abilities are very difficult to implement and the grip attack is much too powerful.
I don't mean to sound like i am bashing this but i don't find the idea of fighting a giant paper mache donkey frightening, there's no good way to pull it off.

I appreciate the criticism. It's not meant to be terrifying or fearsome, it's meant to be the Pinatas getting revenge for all the ones we've destroyed over the last two years :)
As for the abilities. I don't think they are hard to implement at all. The trove dev team has a lot more boss mechanic abilities up their sleeve than they have implemented into the game at this point and I felt the boss abilities were definitely within the spectrum of their abilities.

ZakT
07-22-2015, 10:32 AM
The First Submission for the little Art contest! Great work Psypo!
http://imgur.com/U2H4pil

ZakT
07-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Two submissions now! Woohoo! Loving the iterations!

Quellv
07-22-2015, 02:57 PM
I'm just going to touch on Halindrix's comments. I see how fighting a shadow pinata can be fun and entertaining, but as a boss that is the sum of two years of work? A pinata is a little.. Underwhelming. And a shadow titan should be fearsome and a challenge to fight. I definitely enjoy the idea, but not as the highest tier boss in the game

Phiase
07-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Love this idea! Everybody loves pinatas, time for a pinata we'll want to hate.

ZakT
07-22-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm just going to touch on Halindrix's comments. I see how fighting a shadow pinata can be fun and entertaining, but as a boss that is the sum of two years of work? A pinata is a little.. Underwhelming. And a shadow titan should be fearsome and a challenge to fight. I definitely enjoy the idea, but not as the highest tier boss in the game

I think it will be a challenge to fight, but when has trove been "serious or fearsome" ever? We fight cupcakes in gumball machines lol...

ZakT
07-22-2015, 04:26 PM
http://imgur.com/HKMMb0E

Awesome third rendition by BlockOnDis

PinkyWonky
07-22-2015, 04:36 PM
http://imgur.com/HKMMb0E

Awesome third rendition by BlockOnDis

Boop Boop I think you got some names a bit mixed up, that one is made by me pinkywonky ;D

BlockonDis
07-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Yeah that one is not mine xD But very good drawing Pinky.

ZakT
07-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Yeah that one is not mine xD But very good drawing Pinky.

Oops my mistake haha! I did mix them up! Thanks for catching that. Submitting your submission now block! :)

ZakT
07-22-2015, 08:55 PM
All submissions must be in by 7/24, Prizes go out 7/25!
Thanks to all who have submitted. I've enjoyed seeing your renditions of my creation thoroughly!

Nightsshade
07-22-2015, 09:00 PM
I hate you Zak - 1st post i saw was yours and its the only thing i saw that fits the trove theme as much as my Cerberus (3 headed dog) Pember. Hope both of us end up in the finals =)

ZakT
07-22-2015, 09:18 PM
I hate you Zak - 1st post i saw was yours and its the only thing i saw that fits the trove theme as much as my Cerberus (3 headed dog) Pember. Hope both of us end up in the finals =)

There's finals? I didnt even know it was a contest, just thought they wanted ideas :P

Nightsshade
07-23-2015, 07:04 AM
The time has come, Trovians! We’re asking that you use your devious minds to create something new, something big, and with a temper; a Shadow Titan!

Think outside the box, then get back in the box and think about why cats loves boxes so much. I mean, there is nothing going on in that box, cat, what’s the appeal!?!?

Here’s how this works:
Take some time and think about the kind of Shadow Titan you'd like to see knocking your block off. What should it look like? What is it's name? What three abilities should it use?
From now, through the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) Friday, July 24th, post your ideas in this subforum. Create a new thread for each boss idea. Feel free to hop in and post in support of an idea, whether or not you have posted your own concept.
We’ll go through your ideas and pick some top contenders, then give you the chance to vote for a winner next week (more info to come)
Whichever tyrannical, terrifying Titan you select will be in game and pwning face in before you know it

Keep in mind that there may be some elements we're not able to put into game, so while you'll pick the winner, some elements may have to change a bit to better fit the game.

ZakT
07-23-2015, 08:22 AM
The time has come, Trovians! We’re asking that you use your devious minds to create something new, something big, and with a temper; a Shadow Titan!

Think outside the box, then get back in the box and think about why cats loves boxes so much. I mean, there is nothing going on in that box, cat, what’s the appeal!?!?

Here’s how this works:
Take some time and think about the kind of Shadow Titan you'd like to see knocking your block off. What should it look like? What is it's name? What three abilities should it use?
From now, through the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) Friday, July 24th, post your ideas in this subforum. Create a new thread for each boss idea. Feel free to hop in and post in support of an idea, whether or not you have posted your own concept.
We’ll go through your ideas and pick some top contenders, then give you the chance to vote for a winner next week (more info to come)
Whichever tyrannical, terrifying Titan you select will be in game and pwning face in before you know it

Keep in mind that there may be some elements we're not able to put into game, so while you'll pick the winner, some elements may have to change a bit to better fit the game.

Ahh, so there is :P I was just excited to potentially have an idea in the game. Well I hope the devs like it! :)

ZakT
07-23-2015, 11:15 AM
One day left for any final submissions for the small art contest!

Siimon
07-23-2015, 01:31 PM

I really hope they wont put such a main stream boss idea as Cerberus (Pemberus) in this wonderful game.

P.S. But I believe it could maybe* be a boss in the underground biome. Just an opinion.

ZakT
07-23-2015, 01:36 PM
I really hope they wont put such a main stream boss idea as Cerberus (Pemberus) in this wonderful game.

P.S. But I believe it could maybe* be a boss in the underground biome. Just an opinion.

Doesn't really seem trove's style in my opinion either, but we'll see. Hopefully we hear from the devs tomorrow in the stream :)

Siimon
07-23-2015, 01:50 PM
I didn't want to say it sooner with all the hype & stuff but your pinata titan is probably the best idea so far imo ...but I kinda disagree mixing Q'bthulhu with pinatas. Personally, I fell in love with your concept but i would change some skills & the appearance.

Like you said, we'll see what the devs think & decide. ^.^

ZakT
07-23-2015, 01:54 PM
I didn't want to say it sooner with all the hype & stuff but your pinata titan is probably the best idea so far imo ...but I kinda disagree mixing Q'bthulhu with pinatas. Personally, I fell in love with your concept but i would change some skills & the appearance.

Like you said, we'll see what the devs think & decide. ^.^

I just mixed them since it was suppose to be a shadow titan :P Q'bthulu could have potentially influenced a pinata to choose the dark side :P

ZakT
07-23-2015, 04:52 PM
I like that idea, and what blazentorch said a rare drop would be awesome. Good job!

I like the idea of a rare drop, just not a shadow pinata. I listed all the loot ideas I had, on my front post.

Nightsshade
07-23-2015, 07:31 PM
After reading some of the responses I really think people are missing the light hearted nature of trove... Nothing in the game should really be fearsome... at least on ths surface. After the Pinata or Corgi wrecks your group a few times you might think differently =P

OfficerPaincakes
07-23-2015, 07:34 PM
I really hope your shadow titan idea is the one they go with because one a pinata wreaking having on people and destroying everything in site is humorous and two because its a ****ING PINATA i mean come on who doesn't want to fight a pinata. Anyways great idea and if community gets to vote for the winner you already have my vote :D

ZakT
07-23-2015, 08:41 PM
After reading some of the responses I really think people are missing the light hearted nature of trove... Nothing in the game should really be fearsome... at least on ths surface. After the Pinata or Corgi wrecks your group a few times you might think differently =P

I agree 100% and am ecstatic to hopefully get to fight this monstrosity of party poppingness :)

Magma_Guard
07-23-2015, 08:48 PM
I Don't really like this idea, turning cute piņata's to Horrifying monsters is similar to a horror game's path, i mean, all the Pictures show a piņata, infested with Eyes and tentacles, i don't know, its just, Disturbing, but that's just my 2 cents. :)

ZakT
07-23-2015, 11:02 PM
I Don't really like this idea, turning cute piņata's to Horrifying monsters is similar to a horror game's path, i mean, all the Pictures show a piņata, infested with Eyes and tentacles, i don't know, its just, Disturbing, but that's just my 2 cents. :)

Q'bthulu has been terrorizing the pinatas and one large one is corrupted, maybe by killing him, we are really saving him from Q'bthulu :P

GogestickCJ
07-24-2015, 12:21 AM
Personally when I first heard the word "Shadow Titan", an evil piņata was the last thing that came to mind...

It is an interesting idea though, and given the amount of traction this thread has been receiving I would find it surprising if this idea didn't at least make it to the voting stage. :P

Psypo
07-24-2015, 05:02 AM
I really think this idea is good, turning something which is commonly seen and joked about, even rode and turning it into a large scale boss, also the abilities seem fun to play around and the image of a piņata attacking a large party of people just seems really enjoyable!

Also some of the art is amazing, particularly the one by 'Psypo', his interpretation looks great! ;)

ZakT
07-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Personally when I first heard the word "Shadow Titan", an evil piņata was the last thing that came to mind...

It is an interesting idea though, and given the amount of traction this thread has been receiving I would find it surprising if this idea didn't at least make it to the voting stage. :P

Pinata is the first thing that always come to mind for me when hearing the word trove now. It is such a part of the game, with the poppables, the weapons,hats,mounts, Just need an evil Q'bthulu infested boss to round it out :)

Moose__
07-24-2015, 10:49 AM
im convinced this one is gonna win

mark mah words

ZakT
07-24-2015, 10:59 AM
im convinced this one is gonna win

mark mah words

I hope multiple "win" so to speak. I want variation of shadow titans to fight :)

Alphaneos
07-24-2015, 11:04 AM
I hope multiple "win" so to speak. I want variation of shadow titans to fight :)

yeah i also hope there will be more than just one titan entry's that's going to make it in game!
i have Seen/Created some pretty good ones but seeing the support this one has non of them stand a chance of winning!

ZakT
07-24-2015, 11:24 AM
yeah i also hope there will be more than just one titan entry's that's going to make it in game!
i have Seen/Created some pretty good ones but seeing the support this one has non of them stand a chance of winning!

Ive liked some of yours alphaneos! Im sure they'll use more than one idea :)

Alphaneos
07-24-2015, 11:33 AM
I think they have the idea of Creating our own method of dead from ghostbusters

and this idea is going to be our: marshmallow man!!!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg
Who could expect a Pinata to be a killer!! Wha, Ha, Ha!!!!

ZakT
07-24-2015, 01:54 PM
I think they have the idea of Creating our own method of dead from ghostbusters

and this idea is going to be our: marshmallow man!!!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg
Who could expect a Pinata to be a killer!! Wha, Ha, Ha!!!!

hehe the pinata is corrupted by Q'bthulu, I think he is good in nature, but under the influence of evil currently :)

ZakT
07-24-2015, 05:10 PM
7 hours left to get any final entries into the contest :)

ZakT
07-24-2015, 11:31 PM
Submissions are closed now. I'll post the winners tomorrow! Thanks everyone for your submissions. I've really enjoyed this event and all the submissions of bringing a visual to my creation!

See you all in the morning!

ZakT
07-25-2015, 07:35 AM
WINNERS SQUARE! (Can't have no circles in dis voxel type of game!)
PM ME YOUR IGN'S
PinkyWonky - 10k Flux
Skilobyte - 5k Flux
Psypo - 2k Flux
These contestants were chosen because they followed the prompt most closely and accurately visualized what I was looking for.
(I Bumped 3rd place to 2k Flux because I can't let anyone go unnoticed for taking time out of their day to create something for me)
Everyone that participated will get 1k flux!
PM ME YOUR IGNS for your reward and thanks for participating!

FriedSushi
07-25-2015, 10:31 AM
That's some wonderful art you got going there from your contestants, great job my friend. All the luck in the world to ya!

ZakT
07-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Thank you sushi :0 You as well. I hope to fight Senor Helado soon!

GreyZe
07-25-2015, 11:43 PM
"throws out Q"bthulhu tentacles in all directions capturing trovians" -cough- ****** -cough-.

ZakT
07-26-2015, 07:54 PM
"throws out Q"bthulhu tentacles in all directions capturing trovians" -cough- ****** -cough-.

Hehe sounds terrifyingly fun!

BiteMe
07-27-2015, 07:15 AM
This idea reminds me of Dragonball Z the part where Vegito is turned into candy! i think fighting this pinata would be how it feels like to be buu while fighting that piece of candy!!!

Laharl
07-27-2015, 02:08 PM
I want to go with the Pinata is ticked off that you keep killing its brethren and is trying to get revenge.

ZakT
07-28-2015, 08:53 AM
I want to go with the Pinata is ticked off that you keep killing its brethren and is trying to get revenge.

thats what my original reason for designing him was :)

ZakT
07-29-2015, 09:32 AM
This idea reminds me of Dragonball Z the part where Vegito is turned into candy! i think fighting this pinata would be how it feels like to be buu while fighting that piece of candy!!!

Haha YES! so much YES! :)

Siimon
07-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Sadly... can't vote on this awesome concept & none of the finalist are worth voting. :c

Still...
Good luck to the 4 finalists! :3

Alphaneos
07-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Sadly... can't vote on this awesome concept & none of the finalist are worth voting. :c

Still...
Good luck to the 4 finalists! :3

i agree i think they didnt look at the actual community's support for the ideas they picked at all!!!
i think they just picked the ideas they themselves liked best! thet Twitch stream got cut of for a moment so i didnt hear all 4 that where in the final cut but the ones i heard were not that great ideas in my opinion there are lots of better ideas on the forum! and i dont just mean my own ideas because of course i would like some of them better but i have seen at least 20 other ideas besides my own that where way better

Siimon
07-31-2015, 01:48 PM
i agree i think they didnt look at the actual community's support for the ideas they picked at all!!!
i think they just picked the ideas they themselves liked best! thet Twitch stream got cut of for a moment so i didnt hear all 4 that where in the final cut but the ones i heard were not that great ideas in my opinion there are lots of better ideas on the forum! and i dont just mean my own ideas because of course i would like some of them better but i have seen at least 20 other ideas besides my own that where way better

I believe they took many of our ideas but will modify too much of them to call it ours.

As for this thread... 2 possibilities... 1) They will implement it & didn't bother putting it in the finalists or 2) They don't want to go with this concept & are just ignoring the community wishes.

If I knew they wanted something "in a box" that doesn't leave the box & just copy/paste other games... I would have tried different concepts then what i came up with. It's just sad to see how much devs like generic bosses that are found in every mmo.

Resuming... Shadow Tower ---became---> Generic Tower. :3

EDIT: @Alphaneos: I also don't understand how & why they picked FriedSushi Hydra over the 2-3 others made. Her Hydra was better or something? Idk... & honestly will let this go since I don't like the direction took by the devs.

EDIT EDIT: I believe Lores played a big part in picking the finalists. This would explain why 1 of the same concept was picked over the others.

Alphaneos
07-31-2015, 02:10 PM
I believe they took many of our ideas but will modify too much of them to call it ours.

As for this thread... 2 possibilities... 1) They will implement it & didn't bother putting it in the finalists or 2) They don't want to go with this concept & are just ignoring the community wishes.

If I knew they wanted something "in a box" that doesn't leave the box & just copy/paste other games... I would have tried different concepts then what i came up with. It's just sad to see how much devs like generic bosses that are found in every mmo.

Resuming... Shadow Tower ---became---> Generic Tower. :3

EDIT: @Alphaneos: I also don't understand how & why they picked FriedSushi Hydra over the 2-3 others made. Her Hydra was better or something? Idk... & honestly will let this go since I don't like the direction took by the devs.

I think they where just looking for a generic trove boss with nothing new to add to the game, or to better put it a inside the box idea!
if they wanted it to be a inside a locked box idea with abilities that are already in trove or super easy to put in trove they should have said so! i could have come up with way batter ideas than this 4 they picked! but since they asked me to think outside the box,thats what i did! and i tried to create a titan as awesome as possible!
at this rate this Tower thing is just going to be a unfd-up version of Shadow Arena!

ZakT
08-01-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm just surprised I didn't get an honorable mention for almost hitting 10k views when second most viewed and responded on was only like 1500 at the time.. but oh well. I tried, I wish Sushi the best of luck, she is a friend and everyone that was going to tear the votes up on mine should vote for hers instead.

Alphaneos
08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
You still got the most replies!!!