PDA

View Full Version : pls disable heart a phones and club phones

killerpirate02
07-01-2015, 08:39 PM
pls disable the heart-a-phones and club phones... people are making inappropriate club names and usernames :(

killerpirate02
07-01-2015, 08:39 PM
on the PTS anyway

ZerkReaper
07-02-2015, 06:53 AM
Yes please. People are seriously abusing it and spamming. Very frustrating.

val1407
07-02-2015, 04:59 PM
No, club phones are so fun <3

GreatGooglyMoogly
07-02-2015, 05:23 PM
If you dont disable them, please add an option to ignore all phone messages. Its making it impossible to read the chat.

Matthieux
07-02-2015, 06:13 PM
It would be nice if, in the case of someone abusing their privileges on the PTS, that those privileges get revoked-even if it was temporary or something. Hard to do normal testing if people are purposefully trolling by throwing pinatas over every visible landscape or spamming club/heart-a-phones :/

ZerkReaper
07-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Exactly. Also, when you ignore someone they'll bypass it with the club-ophone.

They name their club "can't ignore me xxxx" or something like that.

Eloc Freidon
07-03-2015, 02:29 AM
I worry that this will only get worse and PTS help will get clustered with more trolls than people who really want to help. One class at level 20 is too low a requirement.

The Seperated
07-03-2015, 02:32 AM
I suggest a higher requirement for PTS access.

Aviarei
07-03-2015, 03:47 AM
I suggest a higher requirement for PTS access.

I second this. Perhaps a mastery based access? Like 100, or higher maybe?

Mioure
07-03-2015, 03:55 AM
I agree with 100 mastery honestly. Some people think its too steep but its worth it to be able to test out features and items before anyone else.
If not 100 mastery, at least make it max level on 4 or 5 characters, hell maybe even all of them.

Matthieux
07-03-2015, 06:21 AM
I agree with 100 mastery honestly. Some people think its too steep but its worth it to be able to test out features and items before anyone else.
If not 100 mastery, at least make it max level on 4 or 5 characters, hell maybe even all of them.

I would support a 100 mastery gate. Having a level 20 is almost too easy to get, and there are many people on the PTS who are clearly there to grief and not test (the interesting variety of names and obscene club names being spammed is an indication).

100 mastery players would at least have shown a good amount of play time and may have a better capacity/understanding of the game to test regardless :D

MeijiKraft
07-03-2015, 06:25 AM
You guys really think people with high mastery won't do anything foolish? lol

StrawBerryCake
07-03-2015, 06:40 AM

Make it 150 Mastery, and 4-5 class max xp lvl for requirement ( For player dedicated there time on trove , and want to see improvement/bugfixes)

The Seperated
07-03-2015, 07:27 AM

We just need less foolish and unproductive people.

Alluziion
07-03-2015, 08:21 AM
I've said since the PTS was announced - the requirement should be the previous Max Mastery so atm 130 and soon 160.

Matthieux
07-03-2015, 09:04 AM

Of course you'll have people still being foolish, but as with imposing level restrictions on challenges, it'll help reduce the opportunities for antics to occur.

I've said since the PTS was announced - the requirement should be the previous Max Mastery so atm 130 and soon 160.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to that. 100 still seems reasonable as it is a bit more attainable (at least as attainable as we want PTS to be) and is pretty solid milestone in mastery ranks (first chaos factor). Either way, I do support a more stringent restriction on PTS access :D

Dribble
07-03-2015, 09:40 AM
In regards to the Piņatas, Club-o-Phones, Heart-o-Phones and Rename Tag's being deactivated on PTS, the idea has already been put forward to Avarem by many of the dedicated testers.

If a new Piņata is introduced into the game, more than likely it'll be activated on PTS for that particular build to test drops but disabled shortly after. (There may also be a time limit or quantity limit of how many you can throw, which has also been discussed.)

Not to worry, it's been all talked about and most likely being sorted for Monday's PTS build. :D

LOLZOR
07-03-2015, 10:23 AM

I don't think thats very fair.What if their are players who want to test it,but are below mastery 100?And testing aside,just hangin out there for a change is also very fun.All players should be able to use this.

But yea,club phones are getting annoying,i had one made about me,because i told them to stop spamming with club phones... "Why so rude lolzor's club world is throwing a party..."

What they should add is an ability to just /ignore club phone messages.

Dribble
07-03-2015, 10:29 AM
The issue with Level Restrictions is that it's a Public Test Server, meant for the general public to test the newest builds of the game. I used multiple accounts on the PTS for different forms of testing and limiting the PTS to only high-level players would only reduced my efficiency to root and find reproduction steps of certain bugs.

I also know that there were quite a few others doing this - mainly helping me out, so for me to go and level each alternate account to Mastery Rank 100+ would be pretty time consuming and not worth it.

And as explained in the post above, it's not fair for those who don't train Mastery Rank (some elite builders out there) but still want to test Trove's upcoming content to insure it has minimal bugs and problems.

killerpirate02
07-03-2015, 01:12 PM
i too agree with 100 mastery, also more than one max level class could be good too. not all of them though.. i really don't like using the fae... before you ask why, it's just not my playstyle

Alluziion
07-03-2015, 02:07 PM
I don't think thats very fair.What if their are players who want to test it,but are below mastery 100?And testing aside,just hangin out there for a change is also very fun.All players should be able to use this.

I disagree. New or low-level players wouldn't be much use in a PTS because most don't have a wide enough knowledge of the game to effectively test for bugs and be able to identify what's broken and what isn't as well as being able to test for balancing issues. Also, providing access to a server where they can easily acquire and experience items that they don't have on their main accounts numbs the drive to obtain the items on the live server resulting in the PTS account becoming their "main" as such as they don't want to grind on live.

TeeKayM
07-03-2015, 02:23 PM
A higher requirement is needed. New players just go like "OMG FREE PINIATAS! OMG I CAN BUY 2K CHAOS CHESTS OMG OMG OMG" and just annoy us that actually try to test out the new content.

Fuzzy
07-03-2015, 03:28 PM
I was very sad to see a lot of people on PTS being like "OH MY GOD! I'M MASTERY 100 ALREADY!!" and throwing hundreds upon hundreds of pinatas and spamming clubphones and heart-a-phones.

What I also saw sometimes was players asking "wait, this isn't the live server?" (How someone accidentially launches PTS is beyond me though).

People who have a lot of classes maxed/are high in mastery OR build a lot rather than adventuring know the game. Someone who just started playing and maxed his first class in a matter of a few days at the most doesn't, so wouldn't be as much help on PTS.

A high mastery and/or lots of maxed classes don't show the dedication of a player and don't show his "effectivness" on a PTS though. They could still only mess around without actually being helpful in testing.
Contrary, not every low mastery player/new player is useless on PTS and can still provide valuable feedback, epecially from a "new player" perspective.
What for "vets"/long-term players seems to be easy and obvious, might not be for a new player.
I think it's important to get both views, new as old players.

IMO, once the hype of the PTS being new is over, there will hopefully less trolls and more players who actually want to help and test.
Until that, I wouldn't enforce a mastery limit or more maxed classes.

I am thankful though for heart a phones and club phones being disabled soon-ish (hopefully) as this gets really annoying.

Misomaniac
07-03-2015, 04:44 PM
I disagree. New or low-level players wouldn't be much use in a PTS because most don't have a wide enough knowledge of the game to effectively test for bugs and be able to identify what's broken and what isn't as well as being able to test for balancing issues. Also, providing access to a server where they can easily acquire and experience items that they don't have on their main accounts numbs the drive to obtain the items on the live server resulting in the PTS account becoming their "main" as such as they don't want to grind on live.

They would be of use to a test server from time to time, because of the sheer unknown mass of chaos that follows them as they scurry around like rats. They don't know better then to screw with what works and that is the best way to get those obscure bugs to show themselves, the ones more experienced players would dismiss or avoid by habit unless they force themselves to treat the game like work. To put it bluntly, more idiots in a system tends to break it down faster.... which to the people monitoring it all shows more ways the system needed to be patched up and all issues that can occur so they can be addressed (assuming server side monitoring tools).

edit - the issues being that it is new and 'taboo', once those wear off it will be just another server

Matthieux
07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
I am thankful though for heart a phones and club phones being disabled soon-ish (hopefully) as this gets really annoying.

This along with pinatas being disabled would be stellar-let pinatas be thrown when they need to be tested, but otherwise it's a pretty obnoxious way to troll when they persist (forever?) and are used to cover worlds.

People do love having the unlimited store power though! With great power...

Inexperienced
07-03-2015, 11:05 PM
I'm cool with raising the reqs. a lil' bit. I myself am close to it, I wouldn't mind it being set now. But 160 or something like that seems too high. I could be 200 mastery and still think it's kinda ridiculous. 70-100 is a good range for me, or for levels instead of one max level maybe three or four. It's cool for experienced players (irony) too have access to the PTS, agreeing with the people above you won't see people switching over and saying "Omg guys I have a million credits and pinatas". If you don't even know some of the basic functions of Live, you probably shouldn't be on a PTS trying to find them out.

Also, heart-a-phones are cool, but limit it 30 seconds or something. still spammable but not even worth it. Club Phones I could care less. THey're annoying.