PDA

View Full Version : Is Trove a virus!?

AdanLuna44
06-15-2015, 05:18 PM
State in Title?!\

Edit: My friends would'nt install it because it is a virus.

Magma_Guard
06-15-2015, 05:20 PM
no, I think your friends are trying to scare you, Trove has no viruses.

FireflyArc
06-15-2015, 05:24 PM
oh goodness no. There's been issues in the past with the installing of Trove bringing a warning in the anti virus software, but Trove is a very safe, legitimate game :D

Englishkniggit
06-15-2015, 05:50 PM
No alerts from Malwarebytes or Avast, if you're that concerned. Also, I don't think a major publisher like TrionWorlds would allow malware to be distributed on their launcher. Trove is pretty legit.

GavX
06-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Woah! No way! I've had Trove since November (and i just joined the forums a couples days ago) and nothing has came up with viruses. Trove is a legit game and a very fun game to play :D.

Aetheonus
06-16-2015, 09:17 AM
As everyone else has said, no worries friend, Trove is not malicious in any way! Trion is a very well-established and reputed publisher, so you can trust that games officially supported through them will be secure to download (from them, that is.)

Great job coming here to ask though! It is always better to be safe than sorry, so I am glad you make it a habit to double check such factors, it will certainly protect you from potentially detrimental situations in the future!

I hope to see you and your friends within the world of Trove and perhaps the forum community more in the future!

Qoaleth
06-16-2015, 10:25 AM
It does, however, seem to take over your life - much like a virus.

VisualVengeance
06-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Hi there!

Trion Worlds is a well known and respected online game developer and publisher, so they would never inject their game files with malware. It's a legit game with no harmful software hidden in it.
Please note that some anti-virus programs like ESET NOD32 sometimes shows clean files as infected and let me tell you, it lies! lol

KawaiiGirl
06-17-2015, 01:02 AM
No, trove isn't a virus. I believe your friends are the ones being the virus,

Aetheonus
06-17-2015, 08:55 PM
I decided to research this matter further, and I gained some alarming new insight that may cause us to question our original assertions that Trove is not a virus. Allow me to share my findings:

http://i.imgur.com/eiEst5v.png

PowerPeregrine9
06-22-2015, 12:00 AM
I decided to research this matter further, and I gained some alarming new insight that may cause us to question our original assertions that Trove is not a virus. Allow me to share my findings:

http://i.imgur.com/eiEst5v.png
That is a diagram of how the Trovian player spreads the game. Cell = social area (school, home, Xbox live & it's PlayStation counterpart) 1st Trove = original player, virus genes = Trove program, all other troves = new players : D

PowerPeregrine9
06-22-2015, 12:03 AM
State in Title?!\

Edit: My friends would'nt install it because it is a virus.
No, IT isn't but you can get adware installed with it called CrushArcade, It's a NIGHTMARE! Ads when you're playing games, hidden links EVERYWHERE! (I got it and scoured the web trying to find a way to uninstall it and found it on the malware tips website)

bahoin
06-27-2015, 05:47 PM
No, IT isn't but you can get adware installed with it called CrushArcade, It's a NIGHTMARE! Ads when you're playing games, hidden links EVERYWHERE! (I got it and scoured the web trying to find a way to uninstall it and found it on the malware tips website)

rookie error :P

LagSolution
07-15-2015, 08:12 PM
No alerts from Malwarebytes or Avast, if you're that concerned. Also, I don't think a major publisher like TrionWorlds would allow malware to be distributed on their launcher. Trove is pretty legit.

What about Archage's HackShield

Zaro
07-15-2015, 08:59 PM
ive been playing trove for quite awhile i dont see any virus on it LOL thats weird