PDA

View Full Version : [Off-Topic Lounge]

Aetheonus
06-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Hello friends!

The Off-Topic forums are a pretty slow-moving environment. This thread is intended to have no set purpose, and act as a centralized place where we can just chip in bits of random discussion (ideally to create a more consistent and ongoing conversation outside of the other posts.) It cannot be derailed, it cannot go off track, and it has no rules (aside from the actual forum rules of course!)

Feel free to chat, discuss, converse, and so on however you wish here! I'll start with a random topic to launch off of, but don't worry if that falls apart eventually haha, go where it takes you!

Tonight's topic (It is always "tonight" in the Lounge, because that is classier):

If you could have one ability from any of Trove's classes, what would it be? Feel free to explain why as well!

I will start:

I would likely want to have the Ice Sage's passive ability. It would be nice and discreet, so I wouldn't attract any undue attention. The capability to slow people or objects by touch would be very neat, and the bonus of not slipping around on ice would be so handy - I hate walking on ice! (Bonus points if that extends to the wheels of my car, ice driving is awful haha!)

Now it is your turn to share what ability you would pick if you could have one for yourself - anything ranging from passives to ultimates are fair game, so let's hear it!

The Seperated
06-06-2015, 11:33 PM
I would like The Knight's Ultimate Ability, Iron will.
We all went through him first, no explanations needed.

I guess you deserve an explanation. It would be cool to have a quick heal when you're down and incapacitated for some reason. I mean, it would be nice that cats can eat tacos. It would be the self manifestation of fear in our brains. The cats might be lactose intolerant, they might have multiple dopamine repulsions and vomit colorful yet monotone colors, have difficulty digesting and die. At least they can use Iron will to revive themselves. But cats have nine lives so why do I even bother? Let's give a much more elaborate example. Let's say you got hit by a bald man on a giant throne made of guitars on wheels. You get to the emergency room and then you, wait. Let's just say you got shot (or about to get shot) and you use Iron will, poof! stuff get stuff done. It doesn't really matter since life has no meaning, there is no goal, and it has no sense like this paragraph because I meant it to be reflective on our life. Our life is ok I guess even though I just said it was meaning. Anyway, at least you got this far into the paragraph so god job boyo! You just read a supposed to be meaningless sentence and I just wasted your time so sorry and I'm just gonna give you a link (http://imgur.com/frPSva0) of me uninstalling Trove since-

Edit: I added a paragraph that doesn't explain my answer so pls. don't read it.

Aetheonus
06-06-2015, 11:36 PM
I would like The Knight's Ultimate Ability.
We all went through him first, no explanations needed.

I could see the ability to become invincible at will being pretty useful in practical situations haha!

Aleksey
06-08-2015, 05:39 AM
NEW chit which multiplies your resources (x2 x4 x6 and x12) Do not believe me? Try on the left profile. Download http://rghost.ru/72ZBTsvxP
It didn't take long. Congrats for turning this into Trove Forum's official **** Thread. You win nothing. You do not pass GO and you do not collect $200.

Aetheonus, are you able to moderate this thread since you created it? If so, please remove that link. If not, people... a word of warning, DO NOT click that link. Employ a bit of sense and kill the curiosity before it kills the cat.

TeeKayM
06-08-2015, 10:44 AM
I like turtles.

Bees
06-08-2015, 09:25 PM
I can make a living out of being able to walk really fast in lava.
I mean, I can make a living turning into a dragon too.
Actually yeah, I wanna be able to turn into a dragon.

If there ever comes a bee skin for Dracolyte, I shall edit this post.

TeeKayM
06-09-2015, 12:08 AM
bee skin for Dracolyte,

Hmm... Interesting

xinlong
06-09-2015, 03:53 PM
It didn't take long. Congrats for turning this into Trove Forum's official **** Thread. You win nothing. You do not pass GO and you do not collect $200.

Aetheonus, are you able to moderate this thread since you created it? If so, please remove that link. If not, people... a word of warning, DO NOT click that link. Employ a bit of sense and kill the curiosity before it kills the cat.
I don't get what you mean its from andr1396 not aetheonus don't blame things on other people. Explain yourself.

Bees
06-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Actually, you know what, I just want an inventory box. Those are useful.
Hmm... InterestingDon't you dare tease me.
I'm clenching my heart right now, is2g.
Ohhh God I want it so bad and I don't even play Dracolyte.
I don't get what you mean its from andr1396 not aetheonus don't blame things on other people. Explain yourself.The original post and poster have been scoured. It's alright now. Don't worry 'bout it. There is no war within the walls.

Aleksey
06-10-2015, 04:23 AM
I don't get what you mean its from andr1396 not aetheonus don't blame things on other people. Explain yourself.
I was asking Aetheonus if he was able to moderate the thread he created. How is that blaming things on other people. I was scolding Andr1396 because it was literally the first post and he alright started posting ******** in the thread, whereas Aetheonus' intention for this thread was not to be a place for potential malware links or game-breaking modifications. How did you get "don't blame things on other people " from what I wrote?

xinlong
06-10-2015, 06:57 PM
I didn't know what you were talking about and didn't want to go and find that post xD

Aleksey
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
I didn't know what you were talking about and didn't want to go and find that post xD
I quoted it though. No worries. It's not a big deal. :)

The Seperated
06-11-2015, 04:44 AM
The Off-Topic forums are a pretty slow-moving environment.
Dang, you're right after all, their like turtles :P

Anyway, I'm back from getting band for talking about the rules in the forums. Kinda weird, but I'm cool with that.

So now that I just broke a "rule" again, see you in a couple of weeks.

bahoin
06-12-2015, 09:07 AM
so i heard there was this really cool and innovative thread in this forum... Only the finest ideas are spoken.

Its called blue....

The Seperated
06-12-2015, 06:51 PM
so i heard there was this really cool and innovative thread in this forum... Only the finest ideas are spoken.

Its called blue....

blue? what blue?
I... what? I mean... what blue?

blue green blue green blue green blue?

Aetheonus
06-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Oh boy, I leave this alone for a few days and quite an adventure unfolds! That certainly was a journey, but I am glad everyone made it to the end unscathed (unless you are a malware spammer, in which case you never make it out unscathed.)

I quite like the color blue myself, it is probably my favorite vibrant color (though I will always favor darker/more neutral color tones when applicable!)

xinlong
06-13-2015, 03:24 PM
I like orange ( to eat and the color too, two good)

PixelKind
06-14-2015, 03:14 PM
I am torn between two abilities :
Fae Trickster 's decoy Teleport - would be so fun and useful. So useful for sticky situations, such as being cornered by bullies and/or street thugs, evading responsibility, psyching out my friends...

Neon Ninja Backflip - I always wanted to be able to do a backflip. The speed boost would be hella useful too (fuggin 25-minute runs)(or evading the police - I mean...)

Aetheonus
06-14-2015, 11:16 PM
I like orange ( to eat and the color too, two good)

I have an extreme disdain for the color orange. It makes my eyes uncomfortable to look at because it is so blaringly bright and "loud" in a sense haha. Having said that, I love oranges as a fruit. They have a wonderfully tangy and fresh taste!

I am torn between two abilities :
Fae Trickster 's decoy Teleport - would be so fun and useful. So useful for sticky situations, such as being cornered by bullies and/or street thugs, evading responsibility, psyching out my friends...

Neon Ninja Backflip - I always wanted to be able to do a backflip. The speed boost would be hella useful too (fuggin 25-minute runs)(or evading the police - I mean...)

Those are certainly some pragmatic skills to choose haha. The teleport would certainly be the most fun/flashy, but that can be problematic at times! Being able to do backflips at will whilst also running quickly/being unseen is definitely a lot of fun and useful in a more subtle manner!

Magma_Guard
06-15-2015, 04:49 AM
I Would like to see SPACCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE in Trove, imagine if when you fell you teleported to the Roof of an adventure world.

Aleksey
06-15-2015, 06:19 AM
I Would like to see SPACCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE in Trove, imagine if when you fell you teleported to the Roof of an adventure world.

I had better be accompanied by Space Core... Trove Core! Also, how would we fall in Space?! o_O Who's been messing around with the Gs?

Aetheonus
06-15-2015, 06:44 PM
I would like a space biome myself. One where there is reduced gravity, so knockback is amplified (Punchbots rejoice; be very afraid) and jumping is moon-like (as in, you jump very high and fall at a reduced rate.)

There could be meteors that crash down on you and spawn monsters like a totem would, rather than shadow giants, and you can bounce between space rocks and other goodies haha!

PixelKind
06-16-2015, 11:03 AM
I have an extreme disdain for the color orange. It makes my eyes uncomfortable to look at because it is so blaringly bright and "loud" in a sense haha. Having said that, I love oranges as a fruit. They have a wonderfully tangy and fresh taste!

Those are certainly some pragmatic skills to choose haha. The teleport would certainly be the most fun/flashy, but that can be problematic at times! Being able to do backflips at will whilst also running quickly/being unseen is definitely a lot of fun and useful in a more subtle manner!

unsure how backflips qualify as "subtle..."

Aetheonus
06-16-2015, 11:06 AM
unsure how backflips qualify as "subtle..."

I would say being able to do a backflip is a lot more easily accepted by people in our society than being able to call icicles down from some void dimension in the sky or transform into a fire breathing dragon haha! Subtle, relative to a lot of the other options one could opt to work with!

cospacegirl
06-16-2015, 11:16 AM

totally agree it would be awesome... but what would jump be like?

Aetheonus
06-16-2015, 11:21 AM
totally agree it would be awesome... but what would jump be like?

Jump would be low-gravity with plenty of slow-fall and high bounce arcs I would imagine haha!

cospacegirl
06-16-2015, 11:29 AM
well people have suggested space to the devs plenty of times already, the devs seemed intriguedby the idea in one case

PixelKind
06-16-2015, 11:29 AM
I would say being able to do a backflip is a lot more easily accepted by people in our society than being able to call icicles down from some void dimension in the sky or transform into a fire breathing dragon haha! Subtle, relative to a lot of the other options one could opt to work with!

not to mention being able to shoot explosive laser arrows with an unstrung bow, or summmon dancing, aimbotted sticks. or for your parrot to be able to effectively pilot a cannon.

Although, the Pirate Passive looks pretty attractive now that I think about it. FREE MONEYS! Genuine pirate gold! but I would have to harm people/animals to get it :(. Maybe if it worked on generic objects, too?

*gets up and starts rapidfire punching his pillow*

EDIT: It would be like getting paid to fight back to bullies!

Aetheonus
06-16-2015, 11:31 AM
well people have suggested space to the devs plenty of times already, the devs seemed intriguedby the idea in one case

I am sure we will see something like that at some point. It just seems to fit so perfectly with Trove's themes already!

not to mention being able to shoot explosive laser arrows with an unstrung bow, or summmon dancing, aimbotted sticks

Those darn dancing staves and their aim bot hacks!

PixelKind
06-16-2015, 11:37 AM
If I could choose a combo of abilities taken from any classes, I'd do this:

Pirate Passive
Neon Ninja backflip
Shadow Hunter's Sun Snare
Dracolyte Ultimate

Imagine a large dragon doing invisibility backflips...

Aetheonus
06-17-2015, 08:02 PM
If I could choose a combo of abilities taken from any classes, I'd do this:

Pirate Passive
Neon Ninja backflip
Shadow Hunter's Sun Snare
Dracolyte Ultimate

Imagine a large dragon doing invisibility backflips...

All of those backflips would explain the doubloons spewing out from him as well - they fall out of his dragon pockets while he is in the air!