PDA

View Full Version : WTS Trove magic carpet code

AndyDwyer
04-14-2015, 04:46 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsjlxggVlB1qzdttpo1_500.png

BobKirk
04-14-2015, 06:09 AM
Ill buy it for in game stuff, real money is illegal, how much and how do i know ur not gona rip me off...

AndyDwyer
04-14-2015, 06:10 AM
I have an offer of 30k + Entire alpha set crafting benches

BobKirk
04-14-2015, 06:10 AM
nvm then, waaaaay to expensive for me...

GR0PED
04-14-2015, 06:22 AM
I don't get it is there something special about this mount ?

AndyDwyer
04-14-2015, 06:33 AM
I don't get it is there something special about this mount ?

probably because its very rare? only 5 given out every stream i think, i got lucky

GR0PED
04-14-2015, 06:40 AM
Oh so its not like the normal magic carpet ? ;P any pictures i may put in a bid ~

AndyDwyer
04-14-2015, 06:43 AM
Oh so its not like the normal magic carpet ? ;P any pictures i may put in a bid ~
you can take a look here

http://trove.wikia.com/wiki/Mounts

AndyDwyer
04-14-2015, 08:46 AM
c/o is now 40k

Taco_Tamer
04-14-2015, 11:33 AM
I offer 50k, but you must go first

Syntaxii
04-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm prety sure selling it in general, whether its in-game currency or not, is againts the rules. It was also said in a stream that all sold codes are deactivated.

AndyDwyer
04-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm prety sure selling it in general, whether its in-game currency or not, is againts the rules. It was also said in a stream that all sold codes are deactivated.

no one said anything yet so i doubt so

c/o still 40k, am not going first because i have proof

Taco_Tamer
04-14-2015, 08:51 PM
no one said anything yet so i doubt so

c/o still 40k, am not going first because i have proof

Well good luck to you then, because very few people will be willing to go first.
Just cause you have proof doesn't mean you'll deliver

Maledictam
04-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Players that have been around for awhile and took part in the community for awhile would be one thing, but no way would I trade that much flux first.

I do congratulate you on winning the carpet though. I msged Averem about this before. You will not get banned for selling/buying this type of thing. Though all trades are final and are not indorsed or supported in anyway by Trion. So for better or worst, it is what it is. Don't bother contacting support.

Best of luck selling.

AndyDwyer
04-14-2015, 09:32 PM
I understand if people dont trust me to trade that much flux but its up to them.

GR0PED
04-15-2015, 12:30 AM
Haha how much time is left on this auction ?

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 02:06 AM
Haha how much time is left on this auction ?

12am my time, which is another 7 hours

Lightraider
04-15-2015, 02:37 AM
It is not allowed to sell codes to items that are won in streams for in game currency or for real money partaking in the act of buying or selling these items can lead to your account being banned and codes being de-activated as far as i know so this is very risky and i would say anyone who does this is rather stupid XD

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 06:54 AM
2hrs before i let it go

Maledictam
04-15-2015, 07:52 AM
It is not allowed to sell codes to items that are won in streams for in game currency or for real money partaking in the act of buying or selling these items can lead to your account being banned and codes being de-activated as far as i know so this is very risky and i would say anyone who does this is rather stupid XD

Wrong

The only risk anyone is taking is rather they will get their flux or their working code. Feel free to PM a dev and ask them, as many of us already have.

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 08:03 AM
hmm.. I don't have the flux.. but would some costumes or materials in the equivalent amount of flux be ok to trade you?

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 08:11 AM
hmm.. I don't have the flux.. but would some costumes or materials in the equivalent amount of flux be ok to trade you?

Sure, dpeneds on your offer

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Sure, dpeneds on your offer

hmm I would have to log on to be sure, but if you need costumes I have some extra and materials I have a lot of, but which ones you'd need I would need to know and the amounts. I mean I could say I have X amount of costumes with X amount of materials and X amount of mounts if you require them, but I'd rather just mention the ones you actually need. How come your not using the Trove Code yourself for the mastery or the style? Already have it?

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 08:17 AM
hmm I would have to log on to be sure, but if you need costumes I have some extra and materials I have a lot of, but which ones you'd need I would need to know and the amounts. I mean I could say I have X amount of costumes with X amount of materials and X amount of mounts if you require them, but I'd rather just mention the ones you actually need. How come your not using the Trove Code yourself for the mastery or the style? Already have it?

No, its not worth it to use it for 50 mastery points. rather sell it and buy more stuff that will give me more than 50 mastery
well, idk if your items can be worth 40k

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
No, its not worth it to use it for 50 mastery points. rather sell it and buy more stuff that will give me more than 50 mastery
well, idk if your items can be worth 40k

hmm.. Well what's your Ign and I can try to find you when I get online :D

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 08:21 AM
hmm.. Well what's your Ign and I can try to find you when I get online :D
same name as my forum

Caramelo
04-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Just curious... how you sell that? I mean, first the money and then the carpet or how?

weltandmelt
04-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Just curious... how you sell that? I mean, first the money and then the carpet or how? they probably would have a third person who they both can trust be a middle man

weltandmelt
04-15-2015, 09:34 AM
I would like to know how can we know that the code isn't already used?

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 09:40 AM
I would like to know how can we know that the code isn't already used?

that's the risk I suppose :D

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Well, im doing trade half then i'll give the code, after that other half is traded to me if thats okay

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 09:51 AM
that's the risk I suppose :D

Also im online now if you are

tn00721337
04-15-2015, 10:31 AM
I'll offer 42kf, but I prefer half and half trade

ign: Lorenaolv

StealingDaPenta
04-15-2015, 10:33 AM
I doubt this is legal

StealingDaPenta
04-15-2015, 10:39 AM
http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

I'm not sure if its in it

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 06:45 PM
I'll offer 42kf, but I prefer half and half trade

ign: Lorenaolv

hi you dont appear to be online?

swiftguy1
04-15-2015, 07:04 PM
his mastery rank is only 1 btw guys, just saying.

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Im not risking my main if its bannable lol

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Im not risking my main if its bannable lol

well, goodness. Have you emailed support@trovegame.com and asked? or messeged one of the Dev's asking about if it's ok to trade as long as no real money is being used?

Nou
04-15-2015, 07:15 PM
this guy a scammer dont trust .

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 07:17 PM
this guy a scammer dont trust .

What makes you say that? That's some heavy accusations D:

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Nou said he will give me 500flux for the code, and when i said no... i guess he got mad

Nou
04-15-2015, 07:26 PM
come online then ill will give u half

AndyDwyer
04-15-2015, 07:34 PM
come online then ill will give u half

this guy is a joke.

Nou
04-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Lolololololol i no trust u !

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 07:40 PM
this guy is a joke.

ok. how about this. I don't have flux, but would you trade for other materials?
Like mounts? or costumes or thing?

jookie
04-15-2015, 07:56 PM
ok. how about this. I don't have flux, but would you trade for other materials?
Like mounts? or costumes or thing?
I think hes a scammer.

tn00721337
04-15-2015, 08:04 PM
hi you dont appear to be online?
i'm online now if you're still interested.

weltandmelt
04-15-2015, 08:05 PM
I think hes a scammer.
well if he is a scammer, no one will end up wanting to trade with him, this is one of the main reasons you don't see people selling codes, its just to hard to tell if there going to scam ya or not

tn00721337
04-15-2015, 08:19 PM
well i helped you guys proved it out :) He did scammed me 21k during half payment and the code he gave me was already redeemed. Case close.

Nou
04-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Damn tn00821337 :(

jookie
04-15-2015, 08:28 PM
sorry for your loss

tn00721337
04-15-2015, 08:32 PM
sorry for your loss
It's okay :) at least no one will buy it now

that "lol" was so epic though

Bladeheart
04-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Unless I had some sort of middle man (like a mod or someone trusted) I would never do a trade like this.

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 08:51 PM
well i helped you guys proved it out :) He did scammed me 21k during half payment and the code he gave me was already redeemed. Case close.

Thank you for making such a sacrifice D: Sorry it cost you so much though.. Do you want a costume(s) and mount(s) that's a lot of flux you lost to help us find a scammer D:

tn00721337
04-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Thx but I'm good. Well we learned a lesson again xdd

FireflyArc
04-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Thx but I'm good. Well we learned a lesson again xdd

If you change your mind, just shoot me a whisper and or a friend request. Be happy to give you somethings for free. :D

Qoaleth
04-15-2015, 09:32 PM
This was an entertaining read. Would recommend to a friend.

weltandmelt
04-15-2015, 09:40 PM
and this is why you shouldn't trade codes, theres to many people who are a-holes and think "im going to scam, cause f**k being a decent person." but I do agree with qoaleth this was fun to follow up on

Taco_Tamer
04-15-2015, 09:44 PM
This is why buyers don't go first.

swiftguy1
04-15-2015, 09:45 PM
rip.. was thinking of doing the deal too but luckily i added him to check his mastery

tn00721337
04-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Yeah so far there was no complete deal done for Trove carpet before, so this might be the first of it. And it was such a bad start. I guess we'll never trust code trades again, or unless we got a middleman.

Milambit
04-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Yeah so far there was no complete deal done for Trove carpet before, so this might be the first of it. And it was such a bad start. I guess we'll never trust code trades again, or unless we got a middleman.

I've done A LOT of CS:GO trading, and steam trading in general. Never trust a non-moderator middleman. If you have a trustworthy friend, that is your weakness as the exploiter/scammer will make a secondary account with a subtle difference from your friend's name and such to try to scam you.

There's not really a proper way to trade these kinds of things except through a site like fast2play which would be against Trion's ToS.

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/562v8W4.png

Mikabella
04-15-2015, 10:15 PM
I've done A LOT of CS:GO trading, and steam trading in general. Never trust a non-moderator middleman. If you have a trustworthy friend, that is your weakness as the exploiter/scammer will make a secondary account with a subtle difference from your friend's name and such to try to scam you.

There's not really a proper way to trade these kinds of things except through a site like fast2play which would be against Trion's ToS.

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/562v8W4.png

hey its me your brother http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/25/1.0

tn00721337
04-15-2015, 10:27 PM
I mean it's really sad that dev gave the honorable trove carpet code to a scammer, if you think about it though :(

"hey its me your brother" that's really funny xddd

Syntaxii
04-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Called it. But seriously, try making a ticket. I doubt they'll reimburse you, but unless this guy was using a proxy/vpn/different wifi connection, they should easily tie this account to his main one to ban him.
"Hey its your brother" -XxsnoopyXx 2014

jookie
04-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Called it. But seriously, try making a ticket. I doubt they'll reimburse you, but unless this guy was using a proxy/vpn/different wifi connection, they should easily tie this account to his main one to ban him.
"Hey its your brother" -XxsnoopyXx 2014

i doubt they will do that because its not their problem :/

Syntaxii
04-16-2015, 12:48 AM
Then heres an easier way so they don't go through any trouble at all, give them the code he gave you (if tn007 remembers it), and they can see what account its on. I'd like to think the devs would at least do something about the scammer, since its againts trove tos.

tn00721337
04-16-2015, 12:56 AM
i'm personally okay with the flux i lost, it's the risk I was willing to take to accept the trade. The code is in the image embeded above, but dev's already warned us not to trade with codes, so overall it's my fault.

Edit: and I start to doubt if he really had the code or if it's just a stolen image. Tho yeah dev could easily ip check his accounts but I don't wanna bother devs for mistakes i made myself.

Doom
04-16-2015, 02:39 AM
i'm personally okay with the flux i lost, it's the risk I was willing to take to accept the trade. The code is in the image embeded above, but dev's already warned us not to trade with codes, so overall it's my fault.

At this point it's not really if you're okay with it. Of course if you're okay with him taking off with your 21k then we can't really say anything about that. But if you enjoy playing Trove then you should help do the community a favor and help prevent other people (mainly people who don't use the forums or aren't aware of this scammer) from being scammed by this guy. Report him with whatever proof you have, even if he doesn't get banned at least he will be on the Dev's radar (hopefully).

Caramelo
04-16-2015, 03:31 AM
I think he already did the best favour to the community: he show us that we DON'T have to buy codes or make this kind of deals, never trust anybody. So if someone is still thinking to buy things by another way that not the in-game-trade is his absolutely responsability.

tn00721337
04-16-2015, 05:28 AM
At this point it's not really if you're okay with it. Of course if you're okay with him taking off with your 21k then we can't really say anything about that. But if you enjoy playing Trove then you should help do the community a favor and help prevent other people (mainly people who don't use the forums or aren't aware of this scammer) from being scammed by this guy. Report him with whatever proof you have, even if he doesn't get banned at least he will be on the Dev's radar (hopefully).

You sir do have a point right there :) I do have a responsibility to report this case. I just sent a ticket to report this scammer, hopefully dev would do sth about this.

I think he already did the best favour to the community: he show us that we DON'T have to buy codes or make this kind of deals, never trust anybody. So if someone is still thinking to buy things by another way that not the in-game-trade is his absolutely responsability.

Thank you for your kind words.

jookie
04-16-2015, 06:55 AM
But if devs actually did something.. Vierce and dancepad scammers wont be in game anymore

just saying

ZambieDragon
04-16-2015, 07:11 AM
Vierce and dance pad scammer's are negative additions to the Trove community but this case is a bit different since thisused the official Trove forums to scam someone and did not deliver the item as promised and there is a thread to prove it. I know devs can look up the chat logs as well but hope they give less leniancy to scammers using the forums to ruin others gameplay experience in Trove.

Maledictam
04-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Vierce and dance pad scammer's are negative additions to the Trove community but this case is a bit different since thisused the official Trove forums to scam someone and did not deliver the item as promised and there is a thread to prove it. I know devs can look up the chat logs as well but hope they give less leniancy to scammers using the forums to ruin others gameplay experience in Trove.

No this isn't any different, sorry. Scamming is scamming, regardless of the method used. I pmed Averem a week or two ago and asked why vierce was still around. He said CS probably messed up but that he would contact them and see what is going on. So I assumed he was banned by now.

Is he still around still? Wife disapproved, so edited out the rest.

Milambit
04-16-2015, 12:12 PM
I pmed Averem a week or two ago and asked why vierce was still around. He said CS probably messed up but that he would contact them and see what is going on. So I assumed he was banned by now.

Is he still around still? I keep playing mostly because of the people I have met and for what this game could be. If he is still around then maybe I should accept the game for what it is and try to talk as many friends as I have made to come with me. Hell I would probably even cover the cost of the new game, depending on the game for many of them.

Just some friendly reminders here...

Do not post about, mention, or discuss moderator action. Discussion of moderator action is not productive. Instead, if you have questions about or wish to appeal moderator actions, please contact a member of the Community Team.

Goodbye threads as thinly veiled rants are not allowed

Posting a comment or video that you're leaving or unsubbing is like being at a party and yelling to everyone "THIS PARTY SUCKS! I'm leaving!" and then sitting there on a soapbox elaborating the details

Maledictam
04-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Just some friendly reminders here...
Thanks for the reminder, but I haven't made a goodbye thread, though I am speaking about moderator action, or the lack of. So does that mean vierce is still around?

Prototype
04-16-2015, 12:19 PM

Edit: and I start to doubt if he really had the code or if it's just a stolen image. Tho yeah dev could easily ip check his accounts but I don't wanna bother devs for mistakes i made myself.

Hey, write a mail to support@trovegame.com about this incident.
Tell them the time of trade and what happened and you can just get the flux back.

Maledictam
04-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Tell them the time of trade and what happened and you can just get the flux back.

I do recall averem mentioning that they have a log of all trades through the trading post. +1 to proto. Giving them the code they used may not do any good, but wouldn't hurt.

Prototype
04-16-2015, 12:23 PM
I do recall averem mentioning that they have a log of all trades through the trading post. +1 to proto. Giving them the code they used may not do any good, but wouldn't hurt.

I kinda had the same incident (I perfectly knew what I was doing), support gave me back my flux within like 3 hours. No idea what they done with the scammer tho.

Droffir
04-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Ow, this thread was painful to read. I'm sorry for your loss. (I've never even had 21k flux at one given time.)

tn00721337
04-16-2015, 12:38 PM

thx I sent a ticket about this case already :) well the flux, I prefer them not giving me back though. Doing this kind of trades not recommended by devs should take consequence. If they just give me back the flux, then other ppl will just keep on doing this kind of trades though....... I do hope they'd do sth with the scammer.

Eloc Freidon
04-16-2015, 12:49 PM
The biggest red flag was that the seller is on a brand new forum account with no posts.

Qoaleth
04-16-2015, 04:26 PM
I should add that I'm surprised that no one has expressed outrage at the OPs besmirching of the stellar reputation of Andy Dwyer from Parks and Recreation.

Cleiru
04-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Hmm.. pretty sure it's the main that redeemed that code. Easily traceable. Easily banned. Easily IP blockable. Let's watch and see what the devs will do.

jookie
04-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Hmm.. pretty sure it's the main that redeemed that code. Easily traceable. Easily banned. Easily IP blockable. Let's watch and see what the devs will do.

it could also be some random code he used lol, some innocent guy might get banned just because they "traced who redeemed the code"

Cleiru
04-17-2015, 03:22 PM
how would he know that it was a code in the first place?

IllusI0nIst
04-17-2015, 03:24 PM
I have an offer of 30k + Entire alpha set crafting benches

Ew Alpha set benches PC please?

I have so many -.-

Syntaxii
04-17-2015, 03:29 PM
If you apply a code, it'll show 1 of 4 things along these lines:

The code has been successfully applied.
You already have this.
This code is invalid.
This code has already been used. <----- probably said this

Difinitus
04-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Because the item doesn't exist in game, at least one that exists in your inventory. It's only ever a voucher code that you apply to unlock it on your character.

tn00721337
04-18-2015, 01:45 AM
To andydwyer the scammer:
if you're reading this, i'd say congrat on successfully scamming me. I do appreciate how you could manipulate your tones and making up several accounts and names to free yourself from being caught. Scam one time, and sell things for real money to regain ppl's trust on you. For that sake, I'm sure you used IP change/ vpn as andydwyer. Absolutely a wise scammer I've seen, though I still found some flaws in your master plan.
You learnt, we've learnt. It's just sad that you're on the scammer side afterall. If you use your wisdom on helping trove community to fight against bad behaviours, it'd be way fewer scammers and a better place to enjoy.
Afterall games are for fun imo, once you scam, you're actually making the game less fun for everyone, even for yourself. Hope everyone thinks twice before you ruin the community.

Solococo
06-11-2015, 01:08 PM
do you want trade trove carpet for Pemblock

Toxariz
06-11-2015, 01:28 PM
do you want trade trove carpet for Pemblock Check the date on this thread. Also pemblock is worth like 300 flux while carpet is worth around 100,000 flux.
http://i.imgur.com/0mKXcg1.gif

PatriotTROVE
06-11-2015, 01:43 PM
yo cccann i traz for a mewont plrease

Toxariz
06-11-2015, 02:13 PM
yo cccann i traz for a mewont plrease That tooo littl how abot 24 diamonds so I can makes a set of diamond armourss?