PDA

View Full Version : [Sneaky Peaky] Chronos, The Time Sage

Stinger
04-10-2015, 05:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/p3ZifG5.gif

Would probably take a while. I have grand plans for the ultimate.

Division
04-10-2015, 05:54 AM
Wait? So my sage can stop time? Yes please!

Stinger
04-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Wait? So my sage can stop time? Yes please!

Hell yea, I am intending the ultimate to also show a timer so you know when the ultimate will end, allowing sages to chain freeze effectively. In b4 pay2win

Ahhdumb
04-10-2015, 06:03 AM
Looks very awesome so far, can't wait until all is done!

Division
04-10-2015, 06:19 AM
So whats the passive freeze? Some kind of deadspace stasis field? :)

This is amazing by the way. When can we expect a release?

Stinger
04-10-2015, 06:26 AM
So whats the passive freeze? Some kind of deadspace stasis field? :)

This is amazing by the way. When can we expect a release?

His normal attack slows the enemies by backtracking them in time. The gif on top doesn't show it clearly cause my laptop sucks and lag hard when recording.
Probably less than a week.

Division
04-10-2015, 06:31 AM
Oh, so is that a yellow stopwatch going back? Nice, hard to make out in the gif though. :p

Zipperumpazoo
04-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Oh this is very fitting, can't wait to see the final result :D

Stealth545
04-10-2015, 08:40 AM
N i c e ! L o o k s G o o d !

Monkeyman
04-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Man, I wouldn't use any other class but sage if I had this :D.

Bladeheart
04-10-2015, 08:51 AM
It fits the Ice Sage perfectly!
Just instead of freezing them your STOPPING THEM IN TIME!
How cool is that?

TheUnknown
04-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Look's really sick!

Solipso
04-10-2015, 09:03 AM
you know? i was waiting for someone to do this sunner or later, if no one did i would do it xD

I always found weird how there was a chrono Qu but no class for it

Bragi
04-10-2015, 09:10 AM
I'd love if you were to somehow incorporate the gears from a clock and/or an hourglass into this mod somehow. Will be keeping an eye on this #highhopes
I don't know what it is about this class but there are so many excellent costumes for it

Asylvea
04-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Nice work on the back clock. Normally I'm a fan of symmetry but this has a good reason to not be identical. Say, wasn't the Ice Age a period of time anyways? Ice. Time. Same thing! While the idea of a countdown clock for the ultimate is fun sounding, it does sound a tiny bit unfair to other costumes. Hmm. Maybe only a tiny bit, considering it's pretty easy to just refreeze anyways. It's not like Trove has super serious hardcore content where this would be such an advantage that your guild demands you buy the costume or get kicked.

TheIgmo
04-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Nice work on the back clock. Normally I'm a fan of symmetry but this has a good reason to not be identical. Say, wasn't the Ice Age a period of time anyways? Ice. Time. Same thing! While the idea of a countdown clock for the ultimate is fun sounding, it does sound a tiny bit unfair to other costumes. Hmm. Maybe only a tiny bit, considering it's pretty easy to just refreeze anyways. It's not like Trove has super serious hardcore content where this would be such an advantage that your guild demands you buy the costume or get kicked.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the clock hands on the back -- that's a GREAT touch!

If the passive wasn't linked to the "hips" of the ice sage, I'd say it would be awesome to just ditch the blueprints for the clock hands, and add them as imported meshes so that they could tick along like a real clock :D

Edit: For the ultimate, rather than doing clocks above the victims, maybe have a huge clock that appears flat on the ground that ticks down to the end of the "time stop", and can be used as sort of an indicator of the area of effect?

Edit2: Something else that I learned from looking at the Pirate's VFX files -- DISTORTION. That would be something that could be used to REALLY great effect with time-slows/stops.

Variableingwer
04-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Hell yea, I am intending the ultimate to also show a timer so you know when the ultimate will end, allowing sages to chain freeze effectively. In b4 pay2win

do it and this will be the ice sage costume nr.1 one once its added :)

Tillmook
04-10-2015, 11:01 AM
A very interesting idea, Not sure if it's applicable to the sage but very creative none the less!

FuzzyDerp
04-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Cant wait for the whole costume :O, amazing!!!!!!

UndeadBreezze
04-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Looks great so far. Looking forward to the final version.

+1 Hype

GhostNinja
04-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Sneak peak and I already support this ^_^ looking great due to ice save being my fav class instead of ninja :(

FireflyArc
04-10-2015, 05:03 PM
ooooh A time Sage? I like it! :D The coloring looks good, I haven't gotten the ice sage yet, but that would be an interesting Mod to use it on :D Now even the myriad waves of Time are no restriction to the Ice Sage :D

SnowSnailOnaBoat
04-10-2015, 07:29 PM
+1 I CALL HAX :D and this costume's vfx is insane!!!!

spar13
04-10-2015, 07:55 PM
I can't wait to see this continue to evolve.

Stinger
04-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the ideas and support so far guys!

The ultimate I came out with is a giant clock face with its minute and hour hands spinning rapidly, spinning cogs and gears also burst out from the sage, but all their speed and rotation will come to a halt to simulate the idea of time stopping. An hourglass then centers the ultimate, which acts as a timer to the duration of the snare. Let me know what you guys think!
Would you prefer the minute and hour hand to continue spinning? Perhaps backwards? But that wouldn't make sense since time is stopping and not going forward or backwards...

http://i.imgur.com/yy8roQi.gif

Division
04-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the ideas and support so far guys!

Would you prefer the minute and hour hand to continue spinning? Perhaps backwards? But that wouldn't make sense since time is stopping and not going forward or backwards...

Stopping is fine! Unlike the current ult, does it stay for the entire duration?

Stinger
04-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Stopping is fine! Unlike the current ult, does it stay for the entire duration?

Yeap, the effect stays for the duration of the ultimate which is approx 4 secs. The end of the gif is when the effect starts to fade out

Division
04-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Yeap, the effect stays for the duration of the ultimate which is approx 4 secs. The end of the gif is when the effect starts to fade out

Does it actually coincide with the freezing time of the ultimate? That would actual be very convenient c:

As a side question, do the mobs still freeze with the standard blue hue? Is that something you can change?

Stinger
04-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Does it actually coincide with the freezing time of the ultimate? That would actual be very convenient c:

As a side question, do the mobs still freeze with the standard blue hue? Is that something you can change?

It isn't possible for the freezing of the mobs to coincide perfect with the animation, because the freezing is instant while the VFX only comes in when the button is pressed, but I tried to make the stopping of all the parts as soon as possible so as not to lose the effect.
Nope, the standard blue hue can't be changed sadly xD

Division
04-11-2015, 08:07 AM
It isn't possible for the freezing of the mobs to coincide perfect with the animation, because the freezing is instant while the VFX only comes in when the button is pressed, but I tried to make the stopping of all the parts as soon as possible so as not to lose the effect.
Nope, the standard blue hue can't be changed sadly xD

So the blue shade is hardcoded? That's no fun. :(

I cant stop staring at the silly chronomancer pet. It looks like you summoned him with your ult :p

Stinger
04-11-2015, 08:10 AM
So the blue shade is hardcoded? That's no fun. :(

I cant stop staring at the silly chronomancer pet. It looks like you summoned him with your ult :p

Well it isn't a VFX or a blueprint if I am not wrong =p

Wow you are really observant, didn't even notice that hahah

Division
04-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Well it isn't a VFX or a blueprint if I am not wrong =p

Wow you are really observant, didn't even notice that hahah

I just took a look in my VFX folder and I'm not even going to pretend to know what any of those do. Are the three files character_pc_iceMage_ability_freezeBlast_snare, character_pc_iceMage_ability_freezeBlast_detonate, character_pc_iceMage_ability_freezeBlast_blast the files controlling all this?

If not ill see myself out c:

Stinger
04-11-2015, 08:47 AM
I just took a look in my VFX folder and I'm not even going to pretend to know what any of those do. Are the three files character_pc_iceMage_ability_freezeBlast_snare, character_pc_iceMage_ability_freezeBlast_detonate, character_pc_iceMage_ability_freezeBlast_blast the files controlling all this?

If not ill see myself out c:

The blast is the initial effect which is the bulb of the VFX above. Detonate is the VFX when the snare ends and snare is the VFX surrounding the mob when frozen.

Brian
04-11-2015, 03:14 PM
More mods plz.

This is awesome!
http://i.imgur.com/yy8roQi.gif
It looks great as is, although if the hands stopped, that would be fine, coz it's a Time Sage.

Celeress
04-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Are the back poles supposed to be like hands on a clock?
That's pretty cool

Howell
04-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Need it please

Bragi
04-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Dude! that ultimate.. gears, hour glass like a windows 3.1 throwback. Can't wait to see what you have in store. If i can make a tiny suggestion it would be to make the VFX on the LMB shot a little less luminous. I love that there are the roman numerals flying in every direction but the glowing makes it a bit hard to see.

Did you do something with the reticule? I can't quite make that out either.

Bladeheart
04-11-2015, 06:49 PM
What do the enemy's look like when they get Ulted?

Division
04-11-2015, 07:07 PM
What do the enemy's look like when they get Ulted?

Blue unfortunately, we discussed that a little before. He can't change that, its hard coded into the source.

Bladeheart
04-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Blue unfortunately, we discussed that a little before. He can't change that, its hard coded into the source.

I see. ;_;
None the less it's still one of the coolest and creative costumes I've seen for the Ice Sage. (Next to Soul Sage.)

TheIgmo
04-11-2015, 07:13 PM
I'm loving the Ultimate VFX! This is looking great so far!

Rajeeb
04-11-2015, 07:44 PM
It looks great so far!

Stinger
04-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Dude! that ultimate.. gears, hour glass like a windows 3.1 throwback. Can't wait to see what you have in store. If i can make a tiny suggestion it would be to make the VFX on the LMB shot a little less luminous. I love that there are the roman numerals flying in every direction but the glowing makes it a bit hard to see.

Did you do something with the reticule? I can't quite make that out either.

Yea I also felt they were too bright, I have reduced all their glow significantly so far! The reticule isn't done yet, none of the gifs show the M2 skill o_o

Are the back poles supposed to be like hands on a clock?
That's pretty cool

Yeap, Sadly the width of the poles is only 1 voxel, hence I can't make arrows on the tip.

TheIgmo
04-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Yeap, Sadly the width of the poles is only 1 voxel, hence I can't make arrows on the tip.

You can resize the QBs, if you want to do arrows.

Stinger
04-11-2015, 08:04 PM
You can resize the QBs, if you want to do arrows.

You mean you can adjust the boundary and the game will still read it?

I didn't know that xD Will try that later. Thanks!

Division
04-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Whats planned for the M2 Skill? :o

Stinger
04-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Whats planned for the M2 Skill? :o

I think the only thing that would fit is a giant hourglass dropping down before breaking and splashing its' sand all over hahah

Bladeheart
04-11-2015, 08:42 PM
I think the only thing that would fit is a giant hourglass dropping down before breaking and splashing its' sand all over hahah

I really want something different then the giant Ice sickle in the costumes because even in the Nice Sage it's still the same.

Division
04-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Any change to the snare effect on the ultimate? The blue tinge could be forgiven given a good effect c:

http://i.imgur.com/G0cEtUe.png

Lightraider
04-12-2015, 02:21 AM
Dude i am a massive fan of the Greek gods and mythology so having a costume named after the Greek god of time is awesome. I really like this costume and the VFX are looking great!! Good luck!! and keep working on it!! =D

Strad
04-12-2015, 02:33 AM
Wow very awsome :P

Stinger
04-12-2015, 02:46 AM
Any change to the snare effect on the ultimate? The blue tinge could be forgiven given a good effect c:

I am currently only doing a white mist effect on those frozen, deviating from the usual sand colored theme. A black and white effect could give an effect of time stopping. That's the best I could come up with now, taking suggestions though! But nothing too flashy =D

Division
04-12-2015, 03:01 AM
I am currently only doing a white mist effect on those frozen, deviating from the usual sand colored theme. A black and white effect could give an effect of time stopping. That's the best I could come up with now, taking suggestions though! But nothing too flashy =D

Is it possible to have a static effect? I feel a moving mist would take away from the frozen time aspect :p Maybe some cogs/stopwatches frozen in time around them. They'd have to be a different colour, maybe a light grey, to differentiate them from the particles of ultimate effect itself.

ZevalhuaBWZ
04-12-2015, 07:07 AM
The Color Scheme reminds me of Chronos from SMITE.... Especially the Gold/Blue color Scheme. Looking forward for this mod.

Stinger
04-12-2015, 07:17 AM
The Color Scheme reminds me of Chronos from SMITE.... Especially the Gold/Blue color Scheme. Looking forward for this mod.

The gold and blue follows the color reference from the Chronomancer ally in-game so as to make it as fitting to the game as possible. I did looking at Chronos from Smite and Zilean from LoL to draw inspiration for the effects though. I obviously didn't look at Faceless void...

Zenahk
04-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Time time time tiimmmeeeee

Needs a few golden glowey gears or clocks, but already looks great.

Idea: For the ultimate, in addition to everything else have a digital watch looking screen appear over the Sage's head, counting down for the time freeze's effect.