PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] Minigame maps getting extra Jumps from the newest dragons

Seedlings
09-02-2018, 12:48 AM
This affects coin collection and deathmatch PvP maps at the very least, and I'd think it would also affect racing and target breaking minigame maps as well (though I did not test those). The Geode update added a few new dragons to the game - of particular note, Carys (Golden Vale) and Cy & Sanguine (Twin Plague) each have a +2 Jump bonus that seems to be ignoring the minigame restrictions.

Actions taken:
- Collect some of the recently added dragons (for example - Carys, Seraph of the Golden Vale)
- Enter a minigame map
- Check the jump stat by, well, jumping around

Expected:
Minigames should only allow for 2 jumps. No benefit should be given from equipment, dragons, subclasses, Patron, etc.

Observed:
Certain recently added dragons have Jump bonuses that are being added to your character's stats during minigames, allowing for more than 2 jumps.

Nyan_Cat
09-02-2018, 11:20 PM
Just quickly saying that, yes, this is probably a bug.

But this should stay has a feature. And if not, they should permanently add 6jumps to coin challenge. Right now, it's what i have and that is all i need to make the best score possible.

2 jumps is too little and it restricting my movements.

As well has there is 1 map that you CANNOT reach a certain place that has coins if you don't have 3jumps or more. The platform is too high for 2jumps.

I'm talking about the map that has the 4 Fountains with the 2 Gold Coins hovering over each fountain.

Wrz
09-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Was hoping this would be kept on the down low. Now that someone made the devs aware of it they will probably 'fix' it and make dragon coins even more difficult to get.

Some of these maps are difficult enough even with the extra jumps to get to tier 4. Please keep it as is OR increase the base jumps for everyone if you feel it needs to be changed because a lot of times I have to collect gold coins twice or even three times for it to take because of lag, and even with my 6 jumps I still cannot get to tier 4 because half the coins refuse to count many times. Nerfing it to 2 jumps would make several maps speed runner level difficult for tier 4 coin challenge. The Hotel map comes to mind, as does the floating islands over an ocean map.

THIS map is truly the worst, even with 6 jumps I often have to retry 4-5 times because half the coins don't count the first time around that this map has a RAZOR thin margin for error - so you cannot afford to waste even 100ms of time - https://i.imgur.com/ZKDFmcB.png

Note: As for PvP maps, I am fine with nerfing the jumps for those. But PLEASE keep coin challenges the same - at least for the ones accessed using the hourly challenge hub portal.

Altermaven
09-03-2018, 03:47 AM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one noticing this. At first, I thought they added two jumps to the coin challenges -- which I thought was weird at first. Then I've probably boiled it down to the whole thing being a bug as I've seen others not make those two extra jumps.

While I agree that in the case of coin challenges we could use an extra jump or two (looking at some maps in general) for everyone, the fact these jumps came from dragons and are not accounted for elevates this to a major bug.

And I also agree we could use these extra jumps for the coin challenges only, and leave the other challenges (with a few exceptions -- input guys??) intact with just two. Also, extra jumps should NOT be affecting PvP or Bomber Royale.

Thorvik
09-06-2018, 04:52 PM
and here I thought that it was just the Vanguardian that got the extra jumps (Class bonus) while in challenges. I will have to try other classes now.