PDA

View Full Version : Barrier Generator nerf

RoweMcGrath
07-20-2018, 04:30 PM
Well, first of all I don't speak english too good.

On this Update some things has been improved, but others like the Barrier Generator has been nerfed... The barrier Generator It's used to get lot of ms on higher tiers, but now can't be stacked, probably the boots can be used instead, but these cost a lot of N-Charge on t4/t5, this change affected the movility to find lairs on t5 farming, trying to get silver/gold eggs...

I suggest keep the Barrier Generator like right now, or buff the boots...

Sergetoo
07-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Yes. .

cerkaz
07-20-2018, 05:49 PM
It's already extremly stupid we have to run through 4 useless tiers wasting gas and time everytime we want something from tier5.

I agree, don't nerf the quick way to get there...

fruitie
07-20-2018, 06:35 PM
"Improvements Update" Kappa.

stahsonic
07-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Aaaand Chronozilla suggested this change...

Way to go Chrono now everybody moves slower in Geode Caves >_>

I just cant believed they listened that request instead of the other more important ones. Like the silver and gold eggs having same rarity as shadow Ganda

Chronozilla
07-20-2018, 07:14 PM

I just cant believed they listened that request instead of the other more important ones.

And in true Trion fashion they nitpick out the one change that couldn't be implimented alone, doing the one change that shouldn't have happened alone, all the things i threw in the QoL thread were supposed to go in together, just doing some of them is just gonna throw off the balance of Geode even more.
The Pathpainter was supposed to have been buffed to make up for the barrier being turned from a speed thing into a defensive thing, but i guess they didn't do that :/

Eggs are gonna be that much harder to get now that you can't counter the rarity of them with frequency.

Hopefully they get around to doing all the other things i suggested, this change alone is only for the worse.

fruitie
07-20-2018, 08:08 PM
They seem to be adamant about timegating uncommon and rare companions. On the plus side as time goes on unlocking 3 slots will make it less painful. Still it seems like a silly design if no-one cares about rare and uncommon companions apart from for mastery fodder.

zeon
07-20-2018, 08:59 PM
I'm agree.
You need a way to move quickly in geode due to the existence of time limit.
It is annoying to have to go through all the tiers to get to what you occupy and also that the lair is not what you are looking for giving the whole trip in vain.

Tortorion
07-21-2018, 04:40 AM
+

Old barrier generator really need to go back.

cerkaz
07-21-2018, 04:55 AM

I just cant believed they listened that request instead of the other more important ones. Like the silver and gold eggs having same rarity as shadow Ganda

You get really tired of them listening to one player instead of rest of the community....

This is just like with purple name color changes, no one wanted that except 1 persons opinion that somehow was more important.

Hopefully they will listen and use pts to undo this change.

Halcy
07-21-2018, 07:05 AM
I'm agree.
You need a way to move quickly in geode due to the existence of time limit.
It is annoying to have to go through all the tiers to get to what you occupy and also that the lair is not what you are looking for giving the whole trip in vain.

Agreed. /10chars

Tortorion
07-22-2018, 01:32 PM
I hope it will be fixed. Time to wait for the next hotfix. :3

See
07-22-2018, 02:21 PM
Lmao rip I lvled up barrier first just cause i love the movespeed

Burn1ngR4g3
07-22-2018, 11:54 PM
Just tried it on PTS.
Geode already is cancerous as hell, and they just found a way to make it even more cancerous.
Have this LUL
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/207067003343732737/470845820099624980/2Q.png
-Burn

Brayer
07-23-2018, 08:58 AM
You get really tired of them listening to one player instead of rest of the community....

This is just like with purple name color changes, no one wanted that except 1 persons opinion that somehow was more important.

Hopefully they will listen and use pts to undo this change.

It's a shame when certain voices seem to get heard over the crowd time and again. It leads to daft things like people sayin the lorekeeper frag mishap was "intentional" because xyz said so "and they're basically a Dev lol", which clearly wasn't the case.

Chronozilla
07-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Lmao rip I lvled up barrier first just cause i love the movespeed

You and me both. rip indeed
https://i.imgur.com/s904iYl.png

I'm also quite annoyed with them only taken half of what was needed to make barrier balanced (not to mention not buffing pathpainter to give us a new mean of going fast), Here's a quote:

- Barrier needs to get changed to be uncastable while already active and have its 3 different stun critter upgrades condensed into the first upgrade and the other two replaced with duration upgrades

Burn1ngR4g3
07-24-2018, 03:57 AM
@Chronozilla
Just tell em it was good the way it was.
They'll revert it back to the speed barrier.
Better than having to go back to the grappling hook.

Tortorion
07-24-2018, 07:02 AM
Not in lastest PTS hotfix. Maybe in next one.

PostCard
07-24-2018, 12:56 PM
Hey folks - there's some misinformation occurring in this thread that I'd like to correct. The change to the Barrier Generator was not due to any feedback from any player - it was because stacking buffs are generally bugs. This issue was found by our internal QA department and fixed. We will look in to improving some of the other behavior, but please note that we will fix bugs when they are found.

RoweMcGrath
07-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Hey folks - there's some misinformation occurring in this thread that I'd like to correct. The change to the Barrier Generator was not due to any feedback from any player - it was because stacking buffs are generally bugs. This issue was found by our internal QA department and fixed. We will look in to improving some of the other behavior, but please note that we will fix bugs when they are found.

Well, probably can change the "Stun Critters" from some levels, for a "Increases 25-50-75-100% movement speed".
The Path Painter, should receive a buff too.

And what about to use a Space Expander to unlock another Module to use in caves? Example: you can use Path, Thumper and Barrier at same time, using m2, 1 and 2 hotkeys.

drbubblesps4
07-24-2018, 04:16 PM

It seems like you only fix the “bugs” that benefit players mean while actual bugs never get fixed.

stahsonic
07-24-2018, 06:11 PM
It seems like you only fix the “bugs” that benefit players mean while actual bugs never get fixed.

They do this EVERY...SINGLE...TIME!!!

They casually say "Yep we fixed a GAME BREAKING bug (even though it is incredibly minor compared to the other ones) now we can sit back and relax"

Few months or YEARS later...

"Finally fixed a teeny-tiny little bug that EVERYBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT AND NEVER ADDRESSED since it first came in to PTS. Your welcome :3"

You got to question them.
Why do you guys dont prioritize the more important game bugs? like silver and gold eggs being extememly rare and almost impossible to find or starfire frags having terrible drop rates or "assigned to worlds" bug. And then claiming harmless bugs like barrier is one of the most game breaking bugs that needs to be prioritised first than the others.

Burn1ngR4g3
07-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Being able to dash/teleport out of the Geode sanctuary and instantly die.
Being able to dash/teleport into the outer geode walls and teleporting below the Geode sanctuary.
Ult bugs.
Double / multiple purchases of store packs.
Getting stuck if you hit a 1 block cavity with too much movement speed.
Refilling potions, but as soon as you try to use them, their amount either goes directly to 0 or they don't work at all until you refill them again.
Collecting crystals and coins, only for them to reappear again.
Adventurine equipment still has buggy stats.
Geode NPC's messages remove the typing window focus of the marketplace and collections.

To name but a few bugs you were "fixing"

Lunar
07-24-2018, 10:14 PM
... The change to the Barrier Generator was not due to any feedback from any player - it was because stacking buffs are generally bugs. This issue was found by our internal QA department and fixed. We will look in to improving some of the other behavior, but please note that we will fix bugs when they are found.

Why is QA two months behind Chronozilla? 27th of May showed the behavoir and there was suggestions on what to do about it going forward.

Since it wasn't addressed we assumed it was intentional and planned accordingly.

ThePrettyOne
07-28-2018, 11:09 AM
There should be a option to loot collect your tools back for materials and a option to buy back all companions for a few weeks so we can make choices based on the changes being made.

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?135603-QOL-update-%96-Geode-%96-Barrier

Medont
07-28-2018, 02:01 PM
And what about to use a Space Expander to unlock another Module to use in caves? Example: you can use Path, Thumper and Barrier at same time, using m2, 1 and 2 hotkeys.

This had to be done at once...