PDA

View Full Version : Console should have PTS!!!!!

TheRealBenjiYokai
06-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Other community members and myself have been asking for PTS on PS4 and Xbox discussion but we have not gotten a response so I am asking here.
Why has console not gotten a public test server? I understand that there needs to be a certification from Microsoft or Sony to open PTS, and it can take a few days, but GEODE PTS has been open for a few weeks now so there is no excuse for not having a PTS.

TJ13
06-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Again it's not so much if they can, it's will they.

The simple answer is No.

Because each game has a certain "Patch" limit one game can do, in a month.
There are certain acceptions to that limit.
(This is for console) Mostly, Some PC games have that.

If trove was to put a PTS for consoles they would hit the patch limit for month in a few days.
Then when an update for the "Live" server comes out it will not be allowed due to the PTS patch limit that caused the game to do so.

Then once again consoles will be behind on PC version.

Second part is server resources.

We all know how the servers are now on consoles so why have another one to bog down it even more?

Lastly are the certifications.
Will Microsoft and Sony allow PTS with updates?
If they call it a beta and fix things when needed maybe?

Unlike PC version through Glyph which is their own brand which doesn't have a "patch" limit meaning they can open and close PTS as they please.
Could leave PTS open all year around for all they care about but that will take too much resources and effort to keep it up.

fruitie
06-07-2018, 11:05 PM
As said, there's reasons for console not to have a PTS. Personally I don't really know why you would want to past a quick glimpse. It's just means you're more likely to get bored on live and you're essentially doing what should be paid work for free.

Chronozilla
06-08-2018, 01:40 AM
Console certing is very expensive and takes a long time (weeks), there's no point to adding a console test server when Trion can't fix bugs and impliment balance changes as freehandedly as they can on PC.

Novuhz
06-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Console certing is very expensive and takes a long time (weeks), there's no point to adding a console test server when Trion can't fix bugs and impliment balance changes as freehandedly as they can on PC.

And there you go, pretty much what Chronozilla said.