PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Geode commentary

Awestacular
05-31-2018, 01:05 AM
I think mine will be short, I'm actually headed out of the country in a few hours and tested as much as I can, but I wanted to give some feedback.

First, it's fun. Not everyone is going to like it, and it's certainly a shift away from trove, but it's fun. The 3D take on flappy birds cracks me up. It's kind of slow until you get the boots tho.

The text descriptions vs. the upgrades sort of confuses me. Do the generic text descriptions on items, say for instance Barrier Generator apply at level zero, or does the description apply to what it can become? I've not given it a lot of thought, but it didn't seem clear (when starting the upgrades, I found myself wondering if I was adding a feature or augmenting one).

I would like to see tiers on the adventure quests. For instance, if I do "Care for Cave Critters" and take care of tier 3 critters, I'd like a better reward than at tier 1. As it is now, I just clear everything at tier one then blow it off because no turrets. Having higher tiers as an option would be nice.

The rewards from lesser crystal caches literally don't even feel worthy of clicking the button. I almost never see more than 6 from a box, and yet if I find a critter who has "too much loot", I get 10/15 per second or so. It just feels really unbalanced (and let's be fair, we need a *lot* of crystals).

One of my biggest gripes. Reliquaries. Mastery Reliquaries are so unfathomably misleading by giving you something awesome EVERY TIME that when you go and craft a reliquary with Thundros, you can't help but feel stupid. No one wants to spend a quarter the cost of a metamatter in crystals at low tier to get common drops. I'm sure you guys have balance on your plate but if this one isn't addressed, ESPECIALLY with the surprise effect of mastery reliquaries vs. crafted, you're going to take a lot of heat. I was shocked at that one two punch, and I'm not the only one.

However, overall, I think this update is pretty fun. I'm enjoying it. I don't think the grind is outrageous, I think it's got a generally good flow (other than the confusion I mentioned with reliquaries- put a label on them saying they're going to have common drops or something because the mastery ones are completely different).

I'm enjoying the 3d flappy bird runs to grab augments to make the next metamatter. It's fun. To me. Short quick runs are amusing, and if something goes wrong, it's not a huge deal. I think cave running is generally fun.

As for battle royal, I have not spent much time there. I played a couple rounds because, well, I should, even though I don't care much for PVP usually, and... it was okay. I'm looking at the mastery items that you can buy with BR tokens and I'd be lying if I said I liked it, but the balance isn't bad. Victorious paragon wings were also mastery, so, it sort of is what it is. And certainly a dragon is a going to be worth a lot more than a pair of wings. It didn't look terribad, but as a non-pvp person, it looked like an uphill challenge. Which I suppose is fine. We need those too.

In any event, these are my thoughts, I think I'm done for this round of PTS. I'm looking forward to this coming out live. I hope there are some balance changes, but mostly I think you're on track. A lot of people won't like it, and that's fine. No need to please everyone.

Side note- really, fix the HaP and CP spam. Because it pretty much ruined this day of testing for me. And there's just no reason for it. Put in a time limit or something. But it is, and has been a pretty stupid issue that has nothing at all to do with testing anything that should be addressed.