PDA

View Full Version : Set a Limit of Club Phones on PTS

Wraithhunter
05-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Heya All and Devs, I just want to ask (not begging >.>) to next time maybe have a set limit of how many Club Phones you can "send out at once." Granted, they are useful for those in a club. However for the past 2 days now, I've seen people literally abuse the Club Phones, not only spamming the hell out of it, but it also causes huge amount of lag for everyone else on the server...there is no need what so ever to literally spam until everyone's game crashes, especially when some people are trying to TEST things on the PTS. Some people have said that the Frames were so bad that some even left the game for a while until the madness stopped. I included many times. And yes I know you can just "mute" that person that is spamming, the problem with that though is that you don't know *who* exactly is doing it. And even doing /leave 1 does NOT stop the Club Phones. So yea, just saying, people weren't even able to play or even test things properly because of the amount of Spam that went on in chat for the past 2 days (including today...).

CDM135
05-29-2018, 04:48 PM
I second this. Perhaps not a limit, but a cooldown per user. Maybe once every ten seconds. Wouldn't hurt to put it into live as well, just add it to the build.

Wraithhunter
05-29-2018, 04:53 PM
I second this. Perhaps not a limit, but a cooldown per user. Maybe once every ten seconds. Wouldn't hurt to put it into live as well, just add it to the build.

Ye, I don't want them disabled, because they are helpful and tis would be unfair to the Club, but ye I agree, that would be better

kaizer killer
05-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Maybe a cool down for as long as a portal is up for that particular club so the full use of one instead of spam. Im surprised its possible to spam those

Pennry
05-29-2018, 08:58 PM
Ye, I don't want them disabled, because they are helpful and tis would be unfair to the Club, but ye I agree, that would be better

Why not disable them? This is a test server and we're supposed to be here to test. We know Club Phones work and there is nothing new to test with them. How is this "unfair to the club"? The club gains nothing from the use of these Phones. Club Phones and Hear Phones should just be disabled.

Wraithhunter
05-30-2018, 12:42 PM
Why not disable them? This is a test server and we're supposed to be here to test. We know Club Phones work and there is nothing new to test with them. How is this "unfair to the club"? The club gains nothing from the use of these Phones. Club Phones and Hear Phones should just be disabled.

Well I guess just disable them, but I'm just saying though, that not all Clubs are spamming the hell out of the CP. Some are using it for different reasons rather then spam..I'm just trying not to be "one of those people" who yells and screams and complains all the time about what needs to be disabled or not. Because there is times where people want a certain thing disabled, but then when it gets disabled, they immediately complain that they "can't use this item" trust me..I have encountered people like that, even on Trove its self... And too, I'm just trying to come up with different ideas instead of just saying "disable them," mostly trying to be fair to others that's all. -_-

SIDE NOTE: Ok...Granted, As much as I want to be fair to others...this is ridiculous, no one cares if people have "26k PR Masters!" Or other creepy **** people have posted in CP. If there is no Cooldown, nor Disabled, then it would be fair to the rest of the community if we had an option to DISABLE Club Phones viva the Settings, like a check-box. To me having that would actually be better, even on Live Servers, having a CHECK-BOX in the settings itself, I mean we have "appear offline" in settings why not this? It would be better for not only players in general, but also people can still do CP, but those who have the Check Box; checked, won't see the messages. What do you all think? (and I apologize if I sounded annoyed Pennry, like I said, I am just trying to be fair to other people. I have nothing against you. I am just annoyed in general, but I am sorry.)

Pennry
05-30-2018, 02:21 PM
Well I guess just disable them, but I'm just saying though, that not all Clubs are spamming the hell out of the CP. Some are using it for different reasons rather then spam..I'm just trying not to be "one of those people" who yells and screams and complains all the time about what needs to be disabled or not. Because there is times where people want a certain thing disabled, but then when it gets disabled, they immediately complain that they "can't use this item" trust me..I have encountered people like that, even on Trove its self... And too, I'm just trying to come up with different ideas instead of just saying "disable them," mostly trying to be fair to others that's all. -_-

SIDE NOTE: Ok...Granted, As much as I want to be fair to others...this is ridiculous, no one cares if people have "26k PR Masters!" Or other creepy **** people have posted in CP. If there is no Cooldown, nor Disabled, then it would be fair to the rest of the community if we had an option to DISABLE Club Phones viva the Settings, like a check-box. To me having that would actually be better, even on Live Servers, having a CHECK-BOX in the settings itself, I mean we have "appear offline" in settings why not this? It would be better for not only players in general, but also people can still do CP, but those who have the Check Box; checked, won't see the messages. What do you all think? (and I apologize if I sounded annoyed Pennry, like I said, I am just trying to be fair to other people. I have nothing against you. I am just annoyed in general, but I am sorry.)

People have been asking for a HaP and CP disable options since these items came out... and I agree with them - especially for cases like it is now on PTS or when HaPs get handed out around Valentine's Day.

CDM135
05-30-2018, 02:32 PM
People have been asking for a HaP and CP disable options since these items came out... and I agree with them - especially for cases like it is now on PTS or when HaPs get handed out around Valentine's Day.
Ono, Don't remind me of the Valentine's Incident.

Wraithhunter
05-30-2018, 05:01 PM

Yea, I do agree, granted I forgot about the Valentine's Day. Ye, it would be good for those to be Disabled, like I said maybe viva Settings. But anyways, yea, I agree with you Pennry. The HaP's don't bother me too much, nor do they lag the game out (at least for me) but yea... CP should be disabled and HaP, or have (like you said) an option to disable it.

Awestacular
05-30-2018, 05:33 PM
I've crashed out of the game from the amount of spam going on, and the caves are basically undoable because of the intense lag the club-a-phones are causing.

They are literally defeating the purpose of having PTS.

Please do something.

Wraithhunter
05-30-2018, 05:48 PM
I've crashed out of the game from the amount of spam going on, and the caves are basically undoable because of the intense lag the club-a-phones are causing.

They are literally defeating the purpose of having PTS.

Please do something.

Yea...I was surprised I was able to defeat Hydra on Hard Solo with that amount of Spam going on, but yea...How is people suppose to test stuff if they can't even move for no more then a 1m? Its impossible to do Geode Caves...with "26k PR MASTERS!" and "Stop Fcking Spamming;" literally spamming the chat out.. like really? I mean people can do different stuff on PTS, not just testing, however abusing the CP's and HaP's is ridiculous already. Of course the amount of time people saying "STOP" in chat..sadly its no use, because when people spam (on purpose) they don't care if people are crashing etc, to them, they find joy out of it. (And I am not saying people who open Chests are considered spammers, more or less towards HaP's and CP's...)

Ormen
05-30-2018, 05:54 PM
YESS Exactly this^ I just feel like the amount of club phones and heart-a-phones should have a cooldown? or just get disabled.. It gets to the point where you can't move. "Especially when you have a potato pc like me"

Wraithhunter
05-30-2018, 05:58 PM
YESS Exactly this^ I just feel like the amount of club phones and heart-a-phones should have a cooldown? or just get disabled.. It gets to the point where you can't move. "Especially when you have a potato pc like me"

lol I have a good PC, yet not only does it lag my game out, it also LAGs my PC out too. Which kind of sucks actually :/

DarkImpose
05-31-2018, 06:14 AM
Managed to crashed me someone who's using one of those high-end pc (Top of the line) you would say, The spam is just ... too much for anyone to handle....

Shocktor
05-31-2018, 10:45 AM
I'll add to this... it makes testing on the PTS impossible. I really hope the devs are aware.

CDM135
05-31-2018, 02:03 PM
A cooldown would be so very nice. More than a couple of times have I seen this sort of thing go on, and the portal in the middle is a clusterfork of god-knows how many portals. While it's neat the first time you see it, even trying to go near it causes lag (for obvious reasons).

https://i.imgur.com/ugAvT1P.png

Maybe a cool down for as long as a portal is up for that particular club so the full use of one instead of spam. Im surprised its possible to spam those
Kaizer's idea would be the perfect solution to the problem. It would stop chat spam and also lag generated by the insane amount of portals in one world.

StunsFX
05-31-2018, 02:04 PM
Please DO Something

HolyAlexanderNULL
05-31-2018, 07:33 PM
Easy Solution:

Disable Phones on PTS.

Currently it is no topic for testing. If this arises then they can still be made accessible again.

On Live servers, this is not too much of an issue since people have to actually pay for each phone and will run.

Aside this temporary easy fix, I would personally also like to support kaizer's idea of a 1-portal-limit per club. It still allows that multiple clubs can phone at the same time, but one single club will not have 50 portals active at once, which is just dumb.

On another note: why can't we report people for spam on PTS? It is one thing to make a statement by flooding portals once to get the attention of Trion saying 'look at this thing, it is possible to exploit it like that'. But to do it each day for weeks all the time is another thing, which goes bayond testing.

The same behaviour intent can be said about Chaos Chests. While it is understandable that people unfortunally need to open these in large amounts to get a high mastery level for more coefficient, there still should be an easier function to do it silently. Not many people know how to leave the global chat and those who spam-open on purpose can effectively blame the system. Adding an additional button at the (Golden) Chaos Chest opening window to disable world messages would help a lot here, too.

Archaic Evil
05-31-2018, 09:01 PM
With players being able to upload their live account, and the intention that we not abuse pts for things like chaos chest/pinata loot table tests (et al) why not just disable all these messages in pts? then, if someone somehow gets a hold of thousands of chaos chests, pinatas, club-a-phones, heart-a-phones, whatever, nobody sees anything? just in pts, obviously.

Mandros
05-31-2018, 09:06 PM
Or maybe they should give the perpetrators a perma-ban from the PTS since they're causing crashes.

xXMr_PikachuXx
05-31-2018, 09:17 PM
I dont think we should limit club phones, but we should add an option in social (like leave global) where we have the option to mute club phones and haps

Wraithhunter
06-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Or maybe they should give the perpetrators a perma-ban from the PTS since they're causing crashes.

Well its not only the Spammers causing crashes, just from today, I think the PTS is having a crashing issue in Shadow Towers, and in general. Even on the Loading Screen: "Loading Character" It either crashes, or just looses connection anyways... However, I've been noticing a lot of crashing today on the PTS, and there is no spam what so ever going on in chat, I've personally had multiple crashes in Skyworld, Neon City, Shadow Towers and even in the HUB. Idk why, but those 4 seem to crash the most. Just what I observed. And apparently (at least for me) when I leave Global (/leave 1) the crashing and Loosing Connection gets worse. Again, I don't see anything else that could be causing it. I know its not my connection, because I have other stuff opened, and the connection for them is fine. Idk if its just the bad connection of Trove (just like it was in BETA lol) Or other reasons. But still.

Wraithhunter
06-04-2018, 02:22 PM
I dont think we should limit club phones, but we should add an option in social (like leave global) where we have the option to mute club phones and haps

Well that's what I said before in my other post, that maybe have some sort of Setting to disable it viva "check-box." Granted, Ever since I posted my Thread, there hasn't been too much spam of CP's. But still. A new issue I have found is that Shadow Towers, as well as the other 3 I listed above, seem to crash the most, especially in ST's. I am not sure why it does this, but that's where I've seen the most crashing besides from CP & HaP's.