PDA

View Full Version : Reduce or remove Diamond Dragonite from Light Vault recipe

Chronozilla
05-27-2018, 08:06 AM
We already have a massive dragonite sink in superiors, please don't add another one.

Moonbeam715
05-27-2018, 08:08 AM
I agree with this message. Please remove dragonite from light chaos vault crafting.

smellyalater
05-27-2018, 08:09 AM
+1,

Augments are enough to sink DD

cerkaz
05-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Don't you only need light vaults for those frags tho?

I'd imagine you might already have pegasus & wings, so after getting those frags you can spend them on it again.

I see this as a very limited sink, once you get the dragon, you have no need to keep buying light vaults.

Kot
05-27-2018, 08:30 AM
More and more people can't finish getting all new timegated items before new patches with new timegated items. It's not good. +1

Halcy
05-27-2018, 08:35 AM
More and more people can't finish getting all new timegated items before new patches with new timegated items. It's not good. +1

+1 to this!

And for my own reason, dragonites are mostly timegated, they're very rare to drop by, and they'll take so much time to gather, many of the new players are already trying to catchup to us. Please don't make another sink.

Clashter
05-27-2018, 08:55 AM
I completely agree, +1

Kentuky
05-27-2018, 09:08 AM
I agree, +1

DevilofHellsKitchen
05-27-2018, 09:24 AM
300% agree +1

Boldsen
05-27-2018, 09:39 AM
301% agree +1

Surge
05-27-2018, 09:53 AM
What I would suggest is charging 10 diamond dragonite on both the focus and the vaults.

+1

theatomicme
05-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Yeah I had this same thought, two different time capped materials on the same craft seems weird, the despoiled does the job fine and the dragonite isn't needed. I'm all for putting another big cost on the recipe if removing the dragonite would make it imbalanced in trion's eyes.

cerkaz
05-27-2018, 10:15 AM
They should be lowered for superiors mabye..

For this, i can't wait to see people getting dropped wings weekly and value falling to 10kflux and pegasus to become a common mount :>

There need to be some lock to it, which dragonite gives fine.

Unknown_Y
05-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Frankly, 25 is a bit steep, consider it is also use for gem augment.

I worries at the unknown aspect U10 gem update may brings...

Running low on dragonite for augment gonna cost.

fruitie
05-27-2018, 10:20 AM
I do think the costs on the light chests and superior augments are excessive. It's seems like they're trying to do excessive limited use sinks over moderate more repeatable sinks that imo would be more suitable for the constantly supply of dragonite. Sure in theory they are repeatable, in practicality people will want light chests until they get the fragments for the dragon, and augments until they maxed one class. Cheaper augments would mean that people may be more interested to actually level more than 1 class. Though people may now be more cautious with u10 coming up which could make it more worthwhile to wait.

Medont
05-27-2018, 11:40 AM
This will increase the demand for souls, we need to offer an alternative option for deterrence

Despoiled Divinity - x3
Chaos Core - x10
Forged Stellar Soul - x1
Forged Radiant Soul - x2
Diamond Dragonite - del

;)

Crazycrit
05-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Yes, or at the very least make it cost VERY little

NAMESxPALADIN
05-27-2018, 03:23 PM
Despoiled as well unless trion is going to up the weekly amount from 3 I just finished my costumes three weeks ago still have 38 to go plus the new dragon that takes another 3-5 weeks. Time gated mats should not have/ need so many sinks imho.

JacksonG1103
05-27-2018, 06:04 PM
+1 already takes nearly a weeks worth of dragonite to make 1 superior focus, thats a massive sink itself

Burn1ngR4g3
05-27-2018, 06:12 PM
You don't need to craft them, just get your weekly lcvs.
They're not supposed to be easily craftable, they always were time gated, so why remove one of the 2 time gated items needed to craft them?

Awestacular
05-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Unless adding new ways to get dragonite, the cost is too high. +1

Add more ways to get dragonite (perhaps loot collecting dragon frags?) and I'm okay with this.

ADONISF
05-27-2018, 11:26 PM
I agree, +1

CluClu666
05-28-2018, 01:59 AM
agree, let us use dragonite for augments, even if you have maxed one class there are enough others to spend it on, no need for another sink.

TimiSeJoaca
05-28-2018, 03:32 AM
Yeah... we really don't need another dd sink .

fruitie
05-28-2018, 04:08 AM
Actually on second thought it's not as bad as I first thought. It could probably still do with a decrease, but the cost of the superior focus impacted my opinion since that's ~300k flux for about 18 pr. Here it's 300k for 10 chests, or 30k a chest (though dragonite pouches may go up a little on release). Of course it's not the only material, but I would say that my first opinion did jump the gun a bit. Out of the two, I'd say the superior focus is the most deserving of a cost reduction.

SkyTheVirus
05-28-2018, 04:38 AM
I'd have to agree with this post. I need my dragonite to augment some gems and now I need them to get fragments for a dragon? Please Trion, at least decrease the cost of dragonite for the Light Chaos Vaults OR just give us more ways to obtain Dragonite freely and not paying money/massive amount of flux.

kivrus
05-28-2018, 05:47 AM
I agree, +1

zLuigii
05-28-2018, 11:35 AM
I agree, +1

TL_DR
05-28-2018, 08:18 PM
Costs should always have relevance to the value of what one is crafting and should also take into account the rate that the materials can be obtained.

at best, a player might get 7 days of 5 dragonite, a total of 35 dragonite per week(150/month, 1,825/year) just from daily login.
at worst, a player might get 0 dragonite from logins and will pay upwards of 125k flux(ie time and effort) for a dragonite pouch(10 dragonite)

need 400 dragonite for a primordial egg (gain shadow/radiant-tier stat boost, and about 500-600 PR for each primordial dragon unlocked)

need 30 dragonite for 1 precise focus (gain ~1-5% on 1 of 27 gem stats)

need 25 dragonite for 1 light chaos vault (gain uncommon+ tier quantity of craft materials commonly, old cc rares, or wings or pegasus, or the new dragon fragment)

Dragonite becomes more important as a player is set to surpass 20k as the primordials have good boosts and one need a ***lot*** of augments to get all 27 stats on their gems up to 100%. The more pips on a stat and the higher the % on the stat, the less of an increase you get from each augment used on that stat. The devs are in a better position to figure those numbers out, but the players feel it negatively when the numbers are set in such a manner that slows progression by augment down as much as it does.

So, when the devs don't project the numbers properly, things just become unnecessarily slowed down because too costly.

Dragonite costs for both the precise focus and the light chaos vault should definitely be reduced by 10 each for them to be more accessible and so players have more value from their timegated dragonite. The primordial eggs, are kind of like milestones, whereas the precise focus and chaos vault are more like forging and collecting, respectively.

High5
05-29-2018, 09:00 AM
Totally agree that dragonite should remain the sink for gems and augments.

The gem system is a near 'infinite' sink due to the amount of materials required for every class.
Badges require players to use a ton of augments.

Why not instead require some farmable materials that have been 'lackluster' lately?
Things such as infinium and shapestone? There are other items that can use a better sink than dragonite.

I have been around a very long time. I am really happy to see 'alternates' in every player being able to earn light/dark other than 'contests'.

But adding in dragon fragments will have the demand explode, so all the new players that will even attempt weekly contests will be decimated by those players who weekly rig these same contests to stay on top. Spend some time around 'newer' players and you will know exactly what they think of these contests.

I would love to see a rework of all contests, to allow more players to obtain each of the light and dark chests weekly.
Rewarding only a handful of players who cheese it to the top is pretty unfair overall (and while not every single player games the system, watch the leaderboards and you can see players taking advantage).
I think that 'personal progression' similar to the way weekly XP rewards are handed out is a much better option, as compared to pitting players against each other for rewards. Remind us to work together on things, rather than gaming the systems.

Ignore those of us who have mass amounts saved up of resources, you already have us around long term.

What is the typical player going to experience?

My two cents on this. Hope it makes you think and choose a wise path.

hemaplays
05-29-2018, 09:58 AM
+1 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Pennry
05-29-2018, 02:10 PM
I'd much rather just not have a dragon in the Light Vaults. Or let us craft Dark Vaults too and put the frags in both. That way if you're out of luck chasing the other exclusives, you have more options.

However, as it stands Light/Dark Vaults grant quite a bit of decent stuff - with the Uncommons being Rares from regular Chaos Chests. So I expect some steep costs in crafting them. I'm not sure if the current costs are too steep or not. I see it as: Craft Light Vaults until one gets the dragon, the pegasus, and the wings, then never craft them again. The wings and pegasus have been chased after for quite some time and still after with the weekly contests granting so many. Heck, the wings are tradeable and I'm sure there will be plenty from the dragon chasers so the price will drop, so you could skip them. That leaves the dragon chase. With the rate the frags seem to be dropping from my tests, I'd say it won't take long to get the fragments needed. Nevermind that there will probably be Golden Eggs for this dragon that people will be pulling and selling. Then you're done with Light Vaults again.

So unless you really need all the other possible Chaos Chest Rares that drop as Uncommons in the Light Vaults, this "sink" is pretty shallow and won't last very long. Then we're back to boosting Gems for that silly Subclassy badge.

kanamit
05-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Have they commented on or acknowledged this issue yet? Maybe on devstream? 3 days here and more crickets. It's very difficult to muster the energy to create a post with constructive criticism when you don't really know if they are listening. Thankfully we have Chrono and a few others to do it for us.

Fasti
05-31-2018, 07:33 AM
Have they commented on or acknowledged this issue yet? Maybe on devstream? 3 days here and more crickets. It's very difficult to muster the energy to create a post with constructive criticism when you don't really know if they are listening. Thankfully we have Chrono and a few others to do it for us.

It's safe to assume we're always listening. The feedback on the PTS forums is vital to the development of Geode so pretty much everyone is watching these forums. I've called out these concerns to the team as well. There are no plans in place right now to make this adjustment but we'll have the discussion internally and take the feedback into consideration.

Mandros
05-31-2018, 11:55 AM
Well the whole idea behind these decisions is monetary and we know through experience there will be $50 dragon packs so I seriously doubt they will change it.

Ultron6142
05-31-2018, 05:40 PM
Well the dragonite is effigable now so who cares? If you hate the cost buy an effigy, save flux by just grinding weekly contests slowly. The only problem is that it really disincentivizes crafting the light chaos vaults.

PostCard
05-31-2018, 10:38 PM
Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that due to this feedback, the amount of Diamond Dragonite required to craft Light Chaos Vaults is being reduced from 25 to 10. You should be able to see this change in the next PTS update.

Chronozilla
06-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that due to this feedback, the amount of Diamond Dragonite required to craft Light Chaos Vaults is being reduced from 25 to 10. You should be able to see this change in the next PTS update.

Woo! That's great news! thank you for listening to your community. Much respect.

Halcy
06-01-2018, 04:35 AM
Hi folks,

Thank you so much!

AlexanderAelwyd
06-01-2018, 05:18 AM
Hi folks,

Thank you.

Fasti
06-01-2018, 05:28 AM
Hi folks,

Wewt! +1 :)