PDA

View Full Version : Trove - Geode Feedback

not tdn3000
05-27-2018, 01:31 AM
Man i thought trove eclipse, adventures, and hero's were bad updates But trove Geode takes it to a whole new level. Let's start with something basic like bomber royal. How do trion worlds fix pvp? THEY ADD A BRAND NEW GAME MODE!, We differently needed a new game mode trying to follow the trends of a "battle royal" style game mode. it's kinda funny how the devs talked about fixing pvp a while back and the only things i can remember being changed is the fae's bombs not stunning as much even tho you can still stun lock the **** out of people and the knights shield glitch being fixed, Besides that pvp is broken unbalanced and unfair most of the time. Let's get back to bomber royal This mode was spouse to be side content that we did not have to do right? Well if you wanna stay relevant at all in this game you are forced to do it just because you have to get the dragon and the other mastery items, But don't worry i'm sure there will be a p2w pack that will allow you to skip every thing again :) .I'm not saying that you should not get rewarded at all for the badly designed game mode they added just like the OG pvp I'm just saying that non of the things should not give mastery you know like the war plane does not give mastery but it was a unique mount when it first came out. Now for Issues with the game mode, One of my biggest problems is that you can barley hit any one because the bombs bounce all over the damn place and every one is hook shooting every where and it is impossible to hit them while they are using their recycled hook shot from lunar lancer. There are not a lot of things wrong with the mode i just dislike it and the fact that im pretty much forced to play it while the p2w people might have another pack they can buy to unlock all of the items :^). Now here is for the big part of this rant The entire idea of geode sucks ***. Once again trion you ****ed up now i thought that making it so that you learned from hero's but it looks like you did not. First off this "part" of the update had no hype at all two days before pts They put their little stupid teaser pictures of what most of us thought was gonna be the long over dude u-10 release But nope what we got a ****ty mining simulator in trove. I played pts for 6 hours as soon as it came back up and i enjoyed it for about 4 hours exploring every thing and checking out the caves then i noticed... I just spent hours looking at a reskined cave with minor changes while mining a ****ing rock for 6 hours+ and oh boy The future of trove looks so bad now we went from Killing new st bosses to being slaves and leveling clubs to being forced to drop what we are doing to get a rampage done And the grand finale mining a rock in a cave to upgrade useless items to mine more cave rocks. Okay so can someone explain how the hell this helps us prepare for the long overdue u-10+ update? i remember the devs saying that this would not be forced content but if it helps us prepare for u-10 some how, How is it not forced content? Not to mention all the mastery from it and for gods ****ing sake the time gated content, Like those little ******ed ally things and relequires or whatever they are called 6-10 hours are you joking trion? and before some one white knights them and says "oh you can speed it up" it still does not change the fact that many players have to wait hours for items like mega matter which use to be trade able but it seems like the devs want you to be a p2w no life that likes to buy their way to the top. And Holy **** this update is almost as p2w as hero's can some one explain to me why they keep bringing out these unfair packs that make it so people that play the game get shafted all the time and p2w players always get there way? Yeah i know you spent money in the game and you want what you payed for but they should seriously tone down the p2w in this game and stop making so much content for the try hards such as the 100 frag LCV dragon (more time gated ******** btw). My point with the time gated thing is I know you want us to keep playing this game which is why you guys prob made that garbage time gated divinity dragon and costume But at this point the game is such a waiting game with nothing to do But guess what you can now mine rocks in a nice pretty shiny cave for no reason at all. Now i wanna touch more on the subject on how this prepares us for u-10+. If this is truly preparing us for u-10+ i don't think i want to play trove long enough to see what u-10 turns into If any thing i'd rather have a brand new time gated and even more p2w set of gems then what we have now, Who am i kidding every one wants to mine rocks in caves and not use the pr that they all worked hard to get All i can say about the caves, time gated content, and forced content is **** it it's not worth it. Oh boy here we go again Trion did you not learn from the eclipse update at all? Eclipse added like 8 dragons that i still don't even have all of them because their drop rates are horrible and Unfair but don't worry again you can p2w them most of them anyway. Now for the new dragon I don't give a **** if you buffed the drop rates again it is not fun farming for 4 more dragons including a "non forced content" PvP dragon that takes 300 bomber coins and so many hours of garbage royal. Oh did i mention another time gated divinity But here's the twist it takes 100 frags and it is from Time gated Light chaos vaults, Don't worry you can craft them now But there is another twist TO CRAFT THEM IT ALSO TIME GATED! :D . Now i'm fine with the crystal cloud dragon because crystal clouds should of had a dragon a while ago and it's pretty easy to get unlike the new adventurine dragon that you can p2w along with blocktron you can refer to my other rant about block tron being effigyable.The reason i am against them adding so many dragons is because new players get ****ed over so hard there are two ways to get dragon coins Waiting time gated hours or just p2w and have your unfair advantage over people again. Another thing what the absolute **** trion I don't whats worse having to farm 100 frags with a "new and improved system" of ******** drop rates or farming 5 frags with the same garbage And this ties in with the other issue again i don't think it's really fair that there are only two ways to get dragon coins with one of the options being p2w.and one last thing For god sakes trion quit trying to make a story line out of something that is not there "Oh the ****ing flying spaghetti monster is attacking trove make sure you mine that rock to breathe longer to fight it!".

TLDR **** the future of trove am i right guys?

I know this is long as hell and is so poorly written (mostly because it's 5am and im bored, so i decided to rant on that forums :D ) Thanks for any one that read this i did not get to say every thing i wanted to because i'm about to pass out Don't worry i will be back to rant some more tomorrow or some other time. I honestly don't care if you hate me for what i said about this update i said what i said and that is all that matters.

CluClu666
05-27-2018, 02:30 AM
A little bit of space between some of the topics would have been helpful to read... :D

Geode is so seperate from the rest of the game besides total mastery that it looks like they try to make a mobile version of trove out of this...including paytoskip waiting time for your trovemons to hatch.

fruitie
05-27-2018, 02:52 AM
Holy wall of text batman. One thing I'll say is that I have no problem with the pvp dragon, playing with others beats mining thousands of ore or killing hundreds/thousands of spiders. That kind of stuff is not fun, and a blatant way to force people to spend money on overpriced effigies. It's also not rewarding. Dragons are literally the most common mount type and apart from the primordials, they practically all work the same and only give small boosts, but are still something you don't want to miss out on. There's a lot of content that is made to not be fun so you're more likely to spend, for example the expensive vanguard pack contains wings that cost 125 sentience shards, a costume that costs 81 shards, and a costume that costs 109 shards not to mention the class itself. Does anyone really want to farm 300 shards for 3 items? That's 6 months with the sentience tome assuming you don't want to overpay for beacons where it would cost you millions for those items. FUN!

ForsakenHero
05-27-2018, 03:43 AM
Updates like this is what it's going to kill the game in the long run imo.

Novuhz
05-27-2018, 03:44 AM
Geode is a complete new game I'd say a forced separated game that they decided to mix into Trove, this isn't even a side thing that you do and you are done, they want to expand on Geode and that gives me big concerns about the future of Trove. Now they have less focus on updating the real Trove since they have separated the ppl that used to develop Trove into Geode. DEV Resources are split between each game mode now.

They even made a separate mastery for it and made contests for it too. Look how there's a total mastery now for both mastery/geode, keep Geode away from Trove or at least make original Trove mastery separated from Geode so people can choose to play Geode or not, we are being forced to do it because for us to keep progressing in getting stronger in the game that we signed up for 'Trove' we are gonna be forced to do Geode because of all the Trove Mastery you can get from it (and it's not just 500-1000, it's a lot really a lot of mastery.) They even made a separate tab for their store all about Geode...

I hope more people realize that Geode isn't just a side thing to do like Rampage so there will be more people complaining, let me repeat this again they want to expand on Geode and add more future content to it and it will just keep going until enough people complain(I hope they will change if enough people complain/hate this new separated game), remember how they kept saying U10 isn't what we are used to? I fear what's gonna happen to Trove :(

This isn't the Trove I know and not the game I signed up for to just mindless explore the same cave map segments over and over and over, mining/gathering. Why didn't you just make a separated game and call it Trovian Explorers? Why force it in an estabilished game genre that you had going? You don't suddenly change a racing game into a first person shooter game (just an example) people have tried Trove and stayed playing Trove for what it is.

I'm just gonna put some quotes here from other people:

by AlexanderAelwyd
More timegates ... really? I want to play a MMORPG, not a mobile game.
- Mining stuff with laser only? Oh yes, I do love another job next to my reallife one.
- Two years of progress is useless. This is beyond insanity. No other mmorpg has ever done this and for good reason.

I felt no sense of progression at the end of my play session and I felt greatly disappointed as well due to having no benefit for my large (financial and time) investment in the game.

by CptJackySparra
It's not even "A change of pace" as going from 100mph in a car to an absolute standstill on a Unicycle. This Geode seems like what Trove should've started off as - a boring spelunking simulator. This smacks of lazy development as there are hundreds of games exactly like this out there right now, and in better condition all around. To take out the combat and render everything we have done up to this point as useless, is also a big smack in the face. Time and money down the drain anyone? Even as a relatively new player to Trove, I can tell you this is not what I signed up for. I got hooked on the gems, the gear, the dragons. Not time gates for allies, and an almost "mobile game" experience where you wait x hours for an unlock or upgrade, or energy like a facebook game or poor mobile game - in this instance Gas. You could say this is becoming a 3D version of Mr Driller from the Dreamcast, all those years ago.

by Scrubthulu
Unfortunately I'm having a similar experience; I'm having trouble immersing myself in the new content (the atmosphere is excellent, though). I'll definitely keep playing on the PTS, but at this rate it just feels like another plain farm-to-craft experience using the facade of a clean slate to justify nerfing your progress. It doesn't feel like unique, fresh content and that worries me. I'll have to see how my playing experience goes throughout the week but for now I'm not too in favor of pushing the current state to live.

by MostlyPanda

I just don't get the whole concept of this expansion. In troves lifespan the most boring part was the Mining, and the Gathering of Plants.
How an earth makes any sense to make a whole expansion based on Mining and Gathering Plants without any Combat.

We can't even invite friends to at least share the boredom of mining with laser. No. We go in solo, sit there mining and... that's the expansion. I'm getting a lot of quitting vibes from a lot of people. Think about what you are doing to the future of Trove. Also I don't consider a whole separate new game called Trovian Explorers (geode) new content.

Maybe if geode was just a side thing to do like you collect everything then you are done I wouldn't mind that at all ... but nooo Geode is gonna be more like a new game and they will be developing/expanding more on Geode.

fruitie
05-27-2018, 04:23 AM
Tbh I have my concerns over trove and geode. But also I'd say I have no problem necessarily on them expanding it. I mean if people are to mine materials for now, geode seems to be a fine way to do it even if by itself I don't think it's great content. As for it being forced, personally I have no problem with that. Even though I don't find it interesting, to act as if it doesn't exist would make it better to quit imo. It's still worth doing something new than the same old stuff.

It's also worth noting that this has been worked on for a loooooong time. The underground update they talked about years ago is finally coming.

TheDeadEye
05-27-2018, 05:44 AM
Too long, did read, agree completely.

When we asked for underground, we kinda meant under every world, not just some new planet. You know, expand those barren cave systems into something a bit more worth exploring. Oh well...

I'm really hoping that u10 turns out to be a really hard, new uber that requires a high pr and Geode mastery, blending the two together.

Novuhz
05-27-2018, 05:49 AM
It's also worth noting that this has been worked on for a loooooong time. The underground update they talked about years ago is finally coming.

Exactly without even asking the players if it would be a good idea of making a new separated game and mixing it into Trove and it has it's own progression as well. All the time/money spent on Trove is pointless in this new game mode.

''Doing something new'' that's why we have more games outside Trove, I play Trove for what it is... they are basically forcing us to play a new game from the start, it's like asking us to play Archeage to unlock mastery if you wanna keep getting stronger in the game you signed up for. Geode is not Trove.

Let's not forget that now the devs have to work on 2 games at same time, the original Trove and now this new game Geode, the focus on new content is split now.

This is probably the first time I've ever complained about Trove new content updates.

AlexanderAelwyd
05-27-2018, 05:57 AM
According to the Steam Charts of Trove, we are at the lowest amount of players since it launched on Steam. Although it does not represent the entire playerbase, it does show a clear decline in population over the years due to the choices the developers have made. Trion will be in for a surprise if they expect all those lost players to return because they copied another game and forced it into Trove.

Trove Geode is in my opinion the worst 'expansion' this game has launched so far.

Tulia
05-27-2018, 07:29 AM
They can't even make Trove playable, and now another update to screw more things up. Awesome.

Unknown_Y
05-27-2018, 07:43 AM
I been looking forward for some sick Labyrinth Boss raid, example taken from Log Horizon S2.

Geode cave system shows a glimpse of possibility of that may comes true.

Personally, not a fan on mining, but it is the first step to the next big update...had to swallow it.

Hope U10 worth the trouble.

cerkaz
05-27-2018, 08:10 AM
I been suggesting for a maze boss raid instance, instead of the usual open world and shadow tower for a while.

Geode cave system shows a glimpse of possibility of that may comes true.

( I been looking forward for some sick Boss raid, example taken from Log Horizon S2 )

Personally, not a fan on mining.

Hope U10 worth the wait.

Exactly, that's the kinda stuff we suggested for longtime now, and their response to it is mining.

Trion is very limited with already made stuff, and i'm afraid that this will be the only thing we will see related to the maze raid thing.

They can either fix geode with u10, or make it even worse, we just have to wait and see :>

Medont
05-27-2018, 08:17 AM
The only occupation in the game-to collect dust in anticipation of U10 and I have a very important question that I want to get an answer. Do I need to collect dust to be ready for U10?
We wait for 1 month and I want to understand what I need to spend time correctly.
All discussions about the new update put me in confusion and misunderstanding what to do.

iAndy
05-27-2018, 09:34 AM
I personally think Geode is pretty fun but I do see where others are coming from. It took a little while for me to like it. It becomes a lot more fun once you get some decent upgrades (which on PTS only took about 3-4 days to get)

I think a simple change would please most: just take what you currently have, and add a little optional combat to it. Give us a way to deal with those annoying wall turrets even if it's comes in delayed.. Like our weapons don't work in there at first, but after an upgrade we can finally use some kind of weapon or our original weapons.

Jexly
05-27-2018, 11:17 AM
TL;DR, I'm sorry. But I will a little later. Since I didn't read, I'll just give a brief input from what bit I can tell from reading the laconic responses.

As long as they aren't pulling the same **** they did on ArcheAge where non-patrons are essentially Jim Crow'd, segregated from the crafting community by ******** labor points caps and generation times that only apply when you're in-game, I'm OK with it. Seriously, that **** SUCKED. It basically made the entire ArcheAge experience just another generic MMORPG where all you do is quest, raid dungeons, and get gear from loot, which from what I hear about the RNG, was also ********, and I wouldn't have minded it, if it was all there was from the game, but being softly segregated from the core content of the game that made it stand out (crafting vehicles and unique gear, owning land, farming, etc.) felt like an outrage, and it sounds like that's exactly what this Geode expansion could turn into if not kept in check by the player base and fans.

I find grinding in Trove to be more satisfying than in most other MMORPGs because at least in this game, the things you grind are things you can actually use to build whole other huge things, but from what I'm hearing about Geode, it's more than just more resource grinding. It's a whole mess. I'll look into it further, please excuse my ignorance.

None the less, I like this game. It's easy to hop in and play, building is fun and easy, and it makes the grind worthwhile. Plus it has nice graphics and art style. I'll keep playing it until I either get bored, too busy in life, or Trion and the game devs somehow make it outrageous to play in the worst way possible, like they did ArcheAge.

Kuanyin
05-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Trove is to Corporate now. They stopped listening to their customers a long time ago when they made employees stop posting on the forums. At that point it was done. All the new turnover of people from the original crew had done the damage along with the silence. People like me who have played games sense the first computer was made and played this sense beta do not count anymore when our advice is what is needed most. Sad...

Dohep
05-28-2018, 07:37 AM
Man i thought trove eclipse, adventures, and hero's were bad updates But trove Geode takes it to a whole new level. Let's start with something basic like bomber royal. How do trion worlds fix pvp? THEY ADD A BRAND NEW GAME MODE!, We differently needed a new game mode trying to follow the trends of a "battle royal" style game mode. it's kinda funny how the devs talked about fixing pvp a while back and the only things i can remember being changed is the fae's bombs not stunning as much even tho you can still stun lock the **** out of people and the knights shield glitch being fixed, Besides that pvp is broken unbalanced and unfair most of the time. Let's get back to bomber royal This mode was spouse to be side content that we did not have to do right? Well if you wanna stay relevant at all in this game you are forced to do it just because you have to get the dragon and the other mastery items, But don't worry i'm sure there will be a p2w pack that will allow you to skip every thing again :) .I'm not saying that you should not get rewarded at all for the badly designed game mode they added just like the OG pvp I'm just saying that non of the things should not give mastery you know like the war plane does not give mastery but it was a unique mount when it first came out. Now for Issues with the game mode, One of my biggest problems is that you can barley hit any one because the bombs bounce all over the damn place and every one is hook shooting every where and it is impossible to hit them while they are using their recycled hook shot from lunar lancer. There are not a lot of things wrong with the mode i just dislike it and the fact that im pretty much forced to play it while the p2w people might have another pack they can buy to unlock all of the items :^). Now here is for the big part of this rant The entire idea of geode sucks ***. Once again trion you ****ed up now i thought that making it so that you learned from hero's but it looks like you did not. First off this "part" of the update had no hype at all two days before pts They put their little stupid teaser pictures of what most of us thought was gonna be the long over dude u-10 release But nope what we got a ****ty mining simulator in trove. I played pts for 6 hours as soon as it came back up and i enjoyed it for about 4 hours exploring every thing and checking out the caves then i noticed... I just spent hours looking at a reskined cave with minor changes while mining a ****ing rock for 6 hours+ and oh boy The future of trove looks so bad now we went from Killing new st bosses to being slaves and leveling clubs to being forced to drop what we are doing to get a rampage done And the grand finale mining a rock in a cave to upgrade useless items to mine more cave rocks. Okay so can someone explain how the hell this helps us prepare for the long overdue u-10+ update? i remember the devs saying that this would not be forced content but if it helps us prepare for u-10 some how, How is it not forced content? Not to mention all the mastery from it and for gods ****ing sake the time gated content, Like those little ******ed ally things and relequires or whatever they are called 6-10 hours are you joking trion? and before some one white knights them and says "oh you can speed it up" it still does not change the fact that many players have to wait hours for items like mega matter which use to be trade able but it seems like the devs want you to be a p2w no life that likes to buy their way to the top. And Holy **** this update is almost as p2w as hero's can some one explain to me why they keep bringing out these unfair packs that make it so people that play the game get shafted all the time and p2w players always get there way? Yeah i know you spent money in the game and you want what you payed for but they should seriously tone down the p2w in this game and stop making so much content for the try hards such as the 100 frag LCV dragon (more time gated ******** btw). My point with the time gated thing is I know you want us to keep playing this game which is why you guys prob made that garbage time gated divinity dragon and costume But at this point the game is such a waiting game with nothing to do But guess what you can now mine rocks in a nice pretty shiny cave for no reason at all. Now i wanna touch more on the subject on how this prepares us for u-10+. If this is truly preparing us for u-10+ i don't think i want to play trove long enough to see what u-10 turns into If any thing i'd rather have a brand new time gated and even more p2w set of gems then what we have now, Who am i kidding every one wants to mine rocks in caves and not use the pr that they all worked hard to get All i can say about the caves, time gated content, and forced content is **** it it's not worth it. Oh boy here we go again Trion did you not learn from the eclipse update at all? Eclipse added like 8 dragons that i still don't even have all of them because their drop rates are horrible and Unfair but don't worry again you can p2w them most of them anyway. Now for the new dragon I don't give a **** if you buffed the drop rates again it is not fun farming for 4 more dragons including a "non forced content" PvP dragon that takes 300 bomber coins and so many hours of garbage royal. Oh did i mention another time gated divinity But here's the twist it takes 100 frags and it is from Time gated Light chaos vaults, Don't worry you can craft them now But there is another twist TO CRAFT THEM IT ALSO TIME GATED! :D . Now i'm fine with the crystal cloud dragon because crystal clouds should of had a dragon a while ago and it's pretty easy to get unlike the new adventurine dragon that you can p2w along with blocktron you can refer to my other rant about block tron being effigyable.The reason i am against them adding so many dragons is because new players get ****ed over so hard there are two ways to get dragon coins Waiting time gated hours or just p2w and have your unfair advantage over people again. Another thing what the absolute **** trion I don't whats worse having to farm 100 frags with a "new and improved system" of ******** drop rates or farming 5 frags with the same garbage And this ties in with the other issue again i don't think it's really fair that there are only two ways to get dragon coins with one of the options being p2w.and one last thing For god sakes trion quit trying to make a story line out of something that is not there "Oh the ****ing flying spaghetti monster is attacking trove make sure you mine that rock to breathe longer to fight it!".

TLDR **** the future of trove am i right guys?

I know this is long as hell and is so poorly written (mostly because it's 5am and im bored, so i decided to rant on that forums :D ) Thanks for any one that read this i did not get to say every thing i wanted to because i'm about to pass out Don't worry i will be back to rant some more tomorrow or some other time. I honestly don't care if you hate me for what i said about this update i said what i said and that is all that matters.
If I were a dev after reading what u put Id lower the ***** ***** our of your damn rng make ur experience like trash after all this till u stop playing the game cuz frankly trove dosnt need players like you oh also Id give u permaban from the forums

Fasti
05-28-2018, 07:49 AM
For anyone looking to provide productive feedback about Trove - Geode please find a thread on your preferred topic and add on there. Thanks!