PDA

View Full Version : Players can no longer be invited in to the Geode Caves.

iAndy
05-23-2018, 08:21 AM
I just wanted to say that this is a very good change for people like me who spend way too much time in the game because of alts.

It should keep the price pretty good on the materials from there for much longer too.

INN3R_C4L4M1TY
05-23-2018, 08:44 AM
Well, on one hand, you do kind of have a point when it comes to alts, but on the other hand...
I mean... Trove, by design, is a social game. The most fun I had with Geode was when I was working together with a friend in the same cave. And now that's mostly been removed. I think that the best thing to do would be to make these caves like STs, where you can invite but can't join, and set the player limit per cave to 4-6, limiting alts and fixing the 'race to tier 3+' problem. Besides, moving alts is slow and gas is a time limit, meaning that if you try to get 8 accounts to Tier 3 for the good stuff, all of them will run out of gas and go back to the hub before you can start mining.

Alaskan
05-23-2018, 08:55 AM
My thoughts are, in order to prevent "Booster rocketing" people deeper, why not if you invite someone, it halves your current gas and gives it to them. Shared scuba style.

INN3R_C4L4M1TY
05-23-2018, 08:59 AM
There are a few problems with that. First, if you're at the spawn and you want to invite someone who isn't in the same cave, that'll empty half of your gas when their gas is full. Second, it allows a player to be invited to a cave they have 0 gas in. Oh, and also, a much better solution would be allowing invites only in Tier 1.

iAndy
05-23-2018, 08:59 AM
meaning that if you try to get 8 accounts to Tier 3 for the good stuff, all of them will run out of gas and go back to the hub before you can start mining.

That's essentially how alts would have worked here.. you would have just had to run 1 character down to T3+, get everyone joined, then start gathering there. It wouldn't have mattered how much gas the original runner had either, they could even just leave. That would have reduced the price a lot on those materials so I'm guessing they did that so those materials would retain a certain value. It does make alts worthless for this though.

INN3R_C4L4M1TY
05-23-2018, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I realized that a little after posting, which is why I suggested a better idea in my next post.